PDA

View Full Version : Could This Be The Next Campaign Chairman for Ron Paul 2008?

pennycat
01-15-2008, 06:57 PM
MY UPDATE: I have enlisted the aid of a well connected person with access to Lew Moore and Rand Paul. The person will be trying to get National Campaign to consider bringing in this 'new blood.' Read through some of this thread to learn more about Richard Viguerie. I will state again my own personal feeling that the campaign should approach Mr. Viguerie with an offer. Time is running short for us. We must have a decisive announcement and change of direction for the campaign.

This guy is the genius behind the conservative direct mail movement (pre internet days). He just launched this website to support Ron Paul www.ultimateronpaul.com

See also this press release

http://www.earnedmedia.org/bobvi0115.htm

2nd UPDATE:

Come on guys, we can get this guy on board if we really want it. But we are going to have to be persistent. We need his expertise. And the media will respect someone of this caliber joining the campaign. Check out this article in Newsmax

Viguerie Launches Ron Paul Web Site

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:39 PM

Direct-mail guru Richard A. Viguerie has announced the launch of a new Web site, www.UltimateRonPaul.com.

"I remain uncommitted to any of the Republican candidates," Viguerie said, "but it is clear that Ron Paul is truly a principled conservative in the grand tradition of Robert Taft, Barry Goldwater, and Ronald Reagan."

Viguerie added, "By standing consistently for individual liberty and constitutionalism, Ron Paul has differentiated himself from all the other candidates, whose allegiance is to Big Government Republicanism.

"Paul's principled stands have brought him a new and committed following. Many of them like what they've seen in the television debates, but they want to learn more about the candidate and what he stands for. UltimateRonPaul.com is designed to meet their needs by giving them everything they need to know about Ron Paul on one Web site."

Viguerie, the author of "Conservatives Betrayed: How George W. Bush and Other Big Government Republicans Hijacked the Conservative Cause," pioneered ideological and political direct mail and has been called "the funding father of the conservative movement" for his role in helping build dozens of conservative organizations.

© 2008 All Rights Reserved.
Nick Egoroff
Orlando Ron Paul Meetup Organizer
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/184/

National should call this guy immediately for help. RP would get lots of press if he made an announcement that direct mail expert Richard Viguerie is now consulting for the campaign. Plus us older types would stand up and cheer the astute wisdom brought to our campaign. Plus all his extensive base of emails MIGHT be made available. This is just what we have been looking for.

Please Mods don't move this! We need to start a groundswell movement to draft this guy IMMEDIATELY!

How do I post a poll with this??

john_anderson_ii
01-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Wow, that is a great looking and organized site.

humanic
01-15-2008, 07:01 PM
This looks like very good news. Someone make sure the campaign knows about this.

pennycat
01-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Google this guy. He knows how to take unpopular causes and build successful coalitions that win.

Shellshock1918
01-15-2008, 07:13 PM
This guy is the genius behind the conservative direct mail movement (pre internet days). He just launched this website to support Ron Paul www.ultimateronpaul.com

National should call this guy immediately for help. RP would get lots of press if he made an announcement that direct mail expert Richard Viguerie is now consulting for the campaign. Plus us older types would stand up and cheer the astute wisdom brought to our campaign. Plus all his extensive base of emails MIGHT be made available. This is just what we have been looking for.

Please Mods don't move this! We need to start a groundswell movement to draft this guy IMMEDIATELY!

Richard Viguerie supports Ron Paul?? THIS IS FRIGGIN HUGE!

frasu
01-15-2008, 07:16 PM
l www.ultimateronpaul.com

Can anybody put a digg! on this site? it has a lot of awesome features: petitions, soapbox, links, tons of info.
I am working the site on stumble!

Shellshock1918
01-15-2008, 07:16 PM
We need to email the piss out of the campaign and get them to hire him!!

pennycat
01-15-2008, 07:18 PM
I've met this guy once, and have admired his work for decades. No doubt Dr. Paul knows him as well. This is no noob hotshot wanna be. This is the real McCoy.

Check out this from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Viguerie

pennycat
01-15-2008, 07:20 PM
We need to email the piss out of the campaign and get them to hire him!!

My thoughts exactly. I've already spoken with our state coordinator. He knew of him as well. Talk to any political junkie over 40 and they'll all say the same thing. This guy knows his stuff.

Shellshock1918
01-15-2008, 07:21 PM
My thoughts exactly. I've already spoken with our state coordinator. He knew of him as well. Talk to any political junkie over 40 and they'll all say the same thing. This guy knows his stuff.

He played a major role in Ronald Reagan's ascension to the Presidency.

ItsTime
01-15-2008, 07:21 PM
sign him up! where was he two months ago? Looks like third party may not be out of the question...

pennycat
01-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Could we all go over to the site mentioned in the original post and sign up. Then contact them, beg them, plead with them to contact our campaign and graciously extend an invitation to help???

Soccrmastr
01-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Read his Wikipedia article guys. This is the guy that some say got Reagan elected, and he completely changed the 60's and 70's political landscape. He is now moving to new standards like the internet to change politics.

stewie3128
01-15-2008, 07:25 PM
I studied this guy in AP Government way back in high school. He's the nuts.

Get him and Roger Stone involved in the campaign and we'd be money.

Richard Viguerie as the main organizer and GOP base motivator, and Roger Stone as the secret weapon hatchet man. Unstoppable.

frasu
01-15-2008, 07:30 PM
I studied this guy in AP Government way back in high school. He's the nuts.

Get him and Roger Stone involved in the campaign and we'd be money.

Richard Viguerie as the main organizer and GOP base motivator, and Roger Stone as the secret weapon hatchet man. Unstoppable.

some time I wish we could just text message Ron with this kind of findings... It would be a shame not to have this gentlemen involved with the campaign...

PS please somebody put the http://www.ultimateronpaul.com/ on DIGG...

pennycat
01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Come on guys. Pump and bump this idea. It may be our golden opportunity.

defcreative
01-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Wow, Richard Viguerie would be GREAT! We needed this people!

I hope the man hears about this.

frasu
01-15-2008, 08:05 PM
bump... maybe this idea should go to the sticky about suggestions for the HQ

affa
01-15-2008, 08:06 PM
i don't know a thing about the man but the site is tight. diggin it.

pennycat
01-15-2008, 08:08 PM
bump... maybe this idea should go to the sticky about suggestions for the HQ

By all means. Listen if National came out with an announcement that he was hired we'd get huge attention in the media and by the talking heads. This alone would pay for his salary.

scandinaviany3
01-15-2008, 08:08 PM
He is from Reagan and Ron's era.

Man we needed him a long time ago!!!

He's the father of mass mail. Also the man driving conservatives betrayed, ripping on all the anti ron candidates and setting up national websites to bring people together in the conservative movement. He has been pushing websites to collect conservative ideas. Been part of state libertarian talks in texas. Been in Dobson's anti guiliani threat to split from the party...

Bring in a serious PR/Ad firm and then you will have something with this guy at the helm with the staff he wants to setup.

Love this link...nice the guy was in houston!

http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com/ravbio.php

pennycat
01-15-2008, 08:10 PM
i don't know a thing about the man but the site is tight. diggin it.

'The site is right because this man knows more about people and politics than most political hacks put together. This is no one hit wonder. This guy has been eating, breathing, okay... I'm getting carried away.

stewie3128
01-15-2008, 08:10 PM
McCain made a personnel change when his campaign wasn't doing well this Summer, and look at him now.

I'm tellin ya - Richard Viguerie and Roger Stone: Good and evil (respectively) both working for us. Unstoppable.

ItsTime
01-15-2008, 08:11 PM
big f-ing DUH here hehe... I hope everyone sees that! This NEEDS to be done!

By all means. Listen if National came out with an announcement that he was hired we'd get huge attention in the media and by the talking heads. This alone would pay for his salary.

pennycat
01-15-2008, 08:13 PM
He is from Reagan and Ron's era.

He's the father of mass mail. Also the man driving conservatives betrayed, ripping on all the anti ron candidates. He has been pushing websites to collect conservative ideas. Been part of state libertarian talks in texas. Been in Dobson's anti guiliani threat to split from the party...

Bring in a serious PR/Ad firm and then you will have something with this guy at the helm with the staff he wants to setup.

Damn straight scandinaviany! While some on this forum postulate endless ideas and recriminations, we have a chance to snag a precious jewel.

He get's hired and I'll send 5 Benjamin Franklin's to keep him company;-)

bucfish
01-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Bump

frasu
01-15-2008, 08:21 PM
B U M P

lx43
01-15-2008, 08:28 PM
If national won't hire him I say the grass roots hire him

pennycat
01-15-2008, 08:29 PM
If national won't hire him I say the grass roots hire him

This may be more of an option than we might think. I for one would contribute. Trevor Lyman, where are you when we need you!

ShowMeLiberty
01-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Could it be that this was "the secret plan" all along?

NM - I don't care, really. If this guy won it for Reagan when everybody thought Reagan couldn't win then, by all means, WE NEED HIM NOW!

american.swan
01-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Grassroots can't hire him? If HQ doesn't?

john_anderson_ii
01-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah, if any campaign ever needed this guy, it's this campaign. I hope Ron's listening get him on board.

Freedom and liberty won't win this one. PR and news media will.

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 08:34 PM
I voted need more information but I'm starting to be sold. I've already signed up at the website.

Let's hope it's not too late, and that Ron Paul is willing to retool his campaign to stop spreading a message and to start winning.

ike
01-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Digg these:
aul_Website
http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Richard_Viguerie_Launches_New_Ron_Paul_Website
http://www.digg.com/politics/Richard_Viguerie_Has_Fox_News_joined_the_Enemy
http://www.digg.com/politics/Richard_Viguerie_Says_Huckabee_Win_is_Bad_News_for _GOP

RonPaulFTFW
01-15-2008, 08:35 PM
anybody is better than what we got.

lx43
01-15-2008, 08:38 PM
How much will this guy charge the grassroots?

A thread by Ghemmiger is saying something about this guy might be hired by the campaign but who knows if this is true.

pennycat
01-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I voted need more information but I'm starting to be sold. I've already signed up at the website.

Let's hope it's not too late, and that Ron Paul is willing to retool his campaign to stop spreading a message and to start winning.

By all means, folks. If there was ever a site that we needed to 'spam' and I mean this in a most positive way, it's this one. We should have a massive show of support for Mr. Viguerie's generous help for Dr. Paul. Viguerie may well be a true believer and do this for the country, just as we are sacrificing so much for this campaign.

pennycat
01-15-2008, 08:41 PM
How much will this guy charge the grassroots?

A thread by Ghemmiger is saying something about this guy might be hired by the campaign but who knows if this is true.

Could someone point me to the actual post of his that says this?

gb13
01-15-2008, 08:46 PM
THIS WOULD BE HUGE!

I love it.

More info on him, please.

lx43
01-15-2008, 08:47 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=90715

pennycat
01-15-2008, 08:49 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=90715

Can you recheck that thread?

lx43
01-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I don't know what happen. That was the thread a moment ago, I can't find it now. If I can find it I will copy and paste the entire thread.

ItsTime
01-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Here it is

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=90717 (http://philip.greenspun.com/comments/attachment/148042/ensenada-horse-shit-big.jpg)

Can you recheck that thread?

pennycat
01-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Here it is

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=90717 (http://philip.greenspun.com/comments/attachment/148042/ensenada-horse-shit-big.jpg)

What a pointless thing to say/post.

ItsTime
01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
I wanted to sum up the thread he posted... I think I did a GREAT job

What a pointless thing to say/post.

pennycat
01-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I wanted to sum up the thread he posted... I think I did a GREAT job

Well put it on his thread than. Not this one. Geez, some of the people around here bring little to no content to the conversation. And you know something else, it wasn't even that funny.

lx43
01-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I guess my eyes where playing tricks with me. I can't find it now.

tamor
01-15-2008, 09:08 PM
With age and experience comes wisdom

frasu
01-15-2008, 09:09 PM

lol... Ghemmiger :D

but, yeah BUMP for this awesome thread

Victrix
01-15-2008, 09:12 PM
Whats up with the 'Maybe hire as a consultant' choice in the poll? I voted for it but why not just 'Yes, I want him hired as a consultant'? It sort of skews the poll.

I wiki-ed the guy. Good stuff, but not what we need as a chairman. Richard Viguerie has great experience in conservative fundraising and marketing. We should definitely get him on board as a consultant for those areas.

AlexMerced
01-15-2008, 09:12 PM
I support this thread, it has an Alex Merced endorsement, I'll talk about this in my next video

How do you pronounce his last name

pennycat
01-15-2008, 09:16 PM
I support this thread, it has an Alex Merced endorsement, I'll talk about this in my next video

VIG-GER-REE and be sure to post a link to your video.

frasu
01-15-2008, 09:18 PM

Maybe is better to keep it in the forums or something until we get contacts with him and Paul... other might get interested too:o

alexa doherty
01-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Richard Viguerie yes!

Roger Stone, NO.

no more inner party people.

LivingFree
01-15-2008, 09:21 PM
This is amazing. Bump!

alexa doherty
01-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Has anyone contacted him or are we just doing a large thread again?

Revolution9
01-15-2008, 09:28 PM
Request to hire Richard by the official campaign ASAP has gone out and will reach the top level official campaign's ears and the campaign warroom in the morning. First time I ever used my leverage..this one feels right at the right time though..

Best Regards
Randy

frasu
01-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Request to hire Richard by the official campaign ASAP has gone out and will reach the top level official campaign's ears and the campaign warroom in the morning. First time I ever used my leverage..this one feels right at the right time though..

Best Regards
Randy

thank you... finger crossed they will be as excited as we are, lol

SteveMartin
01-15-2008, 09:49 PM
I also heard he HAS BEEN HIRED tonight. I also heard that the Texas Congressional staff is taking over the Arlington HQ.

BUT, it is all still rumor ONLY.

Ronin
01-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Lets just hope he hasn't been on payroll for the last 3 months ;) RP has already been sending a lot of mailers.

frasu
01-15-2008, 10:28 PM
blimp

sgrooms
01-15-2008, 10:37 PM
bump

AlexMerced
01-15-2008, 10:44 PM
bump, I support this

Bruce4Ron
01-15-2008, 10:58 PM
Bumped.

Don't let this baby fall. I was just reading some commentary on this guy about his reactions to Fox News' treatment of RP.

http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/03/fox-attacked-richard-vig_n_79627.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxIg3tgryKM

stewie3128
01-15-2008, 11:03 PM
I also heard he HAS BEEN HIRED tonight. I also heard that the Texas Congressional staff is taking over the Arlington HQ.

I heard that if you eat Pop Rocks and drink Pepsi your head explodes.

JGalt
01-15-2008, 11:13 PM
National MUST hire this guy.

jahazii
01-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Sent a request to HQ
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/form

EVERYONE DO IT TO

tekkierich
01-15-2008, 11:31 PM

I sure hope something like this is in the works. I need to hear a "we are shaking things up in a major way" announcement. When I hear that, I will true up to the max donation with the campaign. If not, I have better uses for 1k. I have a baby on the way.

I am precinct captain, I am a meetup organizer, I slept in the laundry room of a OLFOD house in NH for 5 days campaigning 20 hours a day. I will follow through with my commitments in MD (our primary is Feb 12th). But I am discouraged with current results. I am on the ballot UNOPPOSED in the Republican primary for congress in my district. The best thing for my campaign would be to ride Ron Paul's coat tails to victory. However, if that is not possible I need to focus directly on it more then I am currently.

Lets shake this up folks! We should be placing third or better everywhere!

Hook
01-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Something like this would definetely get the grassroots pumped up again.

ceitniear
01-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Bump

stewie3128
01-16-2008, 01:02 AM
My email to the campaign, not that I'm expecting anyone to listen to it:

You've probably heard this request from other grassroots supporters, but:

If the campaign were to make a change in management toward the top of the organization, or at least bring in a big-time GOP pro, you'll get a huge amount of money from the MLK moneybomb. Right now, a lack of confidence in the campaign at the grassroots level is going to keep the MLK moneybomb South of $1 million. But if you announce before MLK day that you're bringing RICHARD VIGUERIE and/or ROGER STONE onboard, there will be a windfall, the MSM headlines will read "Ron Paul gets serious" and you'll get the $23 million needed to win this thing.

Thank you for your consideration.

JimInNY
01-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Would be nice. :)

Opulen
01-16-2008, 01:16 AM
Lets all email Campaign HQ. This is Huge!! I tell yah.

FreestarMediaDotCom
01-16-2008, 01:25 AM
Yes. Hire the Big Guns! Also follow Logan's Strategy: 1. Get Christian Conservatives (25%+ of vote), 2. Fix Foreign Policy misperception (Ron's wants military to serve U.S. not U.N.), 3. Imagine No Income Tax! 4. Don't criticize the U.S. in debates--and go on the attack Ron! Bring down one of these liberal Republicans.

Opulen
01-16-2008, 02:31 AM
bump

Craig_R
01-16-2008, 03:11 AM
night shift bump

CountryB4Party
01-16-2008, 03:17 AM
Yes. Hire the Big Guns! Also follow Logan's Strategy: 1. Get Christian Conservatives (25%+ of vote), 2. Fix Foreign Policy misperception (Ron's wants military to serve U.S. not U.N.), 3. Imagine No Income Tax! 4. Don't criticize the U.S. in debates--and go on the attack Ron! Bring down one of these liberal Republicans.

Spot on advice. I will add that RP will not secure a large Christian conservative vote - or a large conservative vote, for that matter - until he corrects the strong military- strong national defense message. Ironically, those two are intimately tied.

free.alive
01-16-2008, 03:58 AM
I would add him, not have him replace someone.

However effective he sounds, I wonder if he may be a bit too good of a businessman. From Widipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Viguerie):

"Viguerie worked on a project to raise money for Sun Myung Moon's Children's Relief Fund, which reportedly only received 6.3% of the $1,508,256 raised. $920,000 went to Viguerie according to New York State charity auditors."

Otherwise, he sounds f'n brilliant!

frasu
01-16-2008, 05:39 AM
morning bump!

frasu
01-16-2008, 06:22 AM
bump for importance

frasu
01-16-2008, 06:51 AM
one more

frasu
01-16-2008, 09:02 AM
bump for Richard Viguerie

sgrooms
01-16-2008, 09:07 AM
hopefully we hear something soon on this...

slacker921
01-16-2008, 09:19 AM
"Viguerie worked on a project to raise money for Sun Myung Moon's Children's Relief Fund, which reportedly only received 6.3% of the $1,508,256 raised. $920,000 went to Viguerie according to New York State charity auditors." ugh.. that's not a good thing. But if he's paid a flat fee by the campaign and doesn't have a means to get to the campaign funds then it's not an issue.

The campaign needs a major change. Adding him might be what the campaign needs. ?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Someone should be adding this to his wikipedia entry. (I'm not an editor.)

frasu
01-16-2008, 09:29 AM
"Viguerie worked on a project to raise money for Sun Myung Moon's Children's Relief Fund, which reportedly only received 6.3% of the $1,508,256 raised. $920,000 went to Viguerie according to New York State charity auditors." ugh.. that's not a good thing. But if he's paid a flat fee by the campaign and doesn't have a means to get to the campaign funds then it's not an issue.

The campaign needs a major change. Adding him might be what the campaign needs. ?

To make it fare, this is a more complete info:

In 1977, Viguerie worked on a project to raise money for Sun Myung Moon's Children's Relief Fund, which reportedly only received 6.3% of the $1,508,256 raised. $920,000 went to Viguerie according to New York State charity auditors.

tommyzDad
01-16-2008, 09:41 AM
I'll be emailing HQ, and hitting the mySpace page with "Bring in RICHARD VIGUERIE."

RollOn2day
01-16-2008, 10:15 AM
It sure would be nice to have some major movement with HQ before MLK MoneyBomb.

If they would do somethig like this...we would send that days total over the top!

Voted need more info

frasu
01-16-2008, 12:56 PM
bump... maybe somebody heard something new

hueylong
01-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Viguerie is doing this as an independent effort. Not likely he would join the campaign.

frasu
01-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Viguerie is doing this as an independent effort. Not likely he would join the campaign.

Why not?
This thread was trying to get his name out for the HQ to consider hiring him at least as consultant... he could have a good impact on the campaign and grassroots.

sgrooms
01-16-2008, 01:14 PM
someone said last night that HQ would be contacting them first thing this morning to hear about it. any news on that?

smartguy911
01-16-2008, 01:24 PM
He can be reached at RAV@ConservativesBetrayed.com

Sandra
01-16-2008, 03:04 PM
I know he was known for his sleazy tactics in packaging the ultra neo conservative movement that we are all fighting now. He helped create The movement that Ron Paul describes as his nemesis.

WilliamC
01-16-2008, 03:14 PM
I know he was known for his sleazy tactics in packaging the ultra neo conservative movement that we are all fighting now. He helped create The movement that Ron Paul describes as his nemesis.

Day-aym! Either he's a white knight or the biggest potential mole ever!

DeafPalmdale
01-16-2008, 03:20 PM
C'mon, we need to hear a BIG news from the HQ. The Big Tuesday is only a few weeks away and we need someone to have a BIG impact.

crink
01-16-2008, 03:23 PM
If he's as good as you all say. He could be the HQ savior we've all been waiting for. I'm calling HQ right now.

pennycat
01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
As the OP of this thread, I'm glad so many of you think this would be a boost to the campaign. Hope everyone goes over to www.ultimateronpaul.com and signs up for email updates. Let's get this guy's attention and fast.

bluemarkets
01-16-2008, 03:44 PM
interesting character :)

werdd
01-16-2008, 03:51 PM
He is the author of five books including his latest, "Conservatives Betrayed: How George W. Bush and Other Big Government Republicans Hijacked the Conservative Cause" (Bonus Books, 2006).

sounds like a great guy to me.

UKMan
01-16-2008, 04:09 PM
But if he's paid a flat fee by the campaign and doesn't have a means to get to the campaign funds then it's not an issue.

He could always enter at grassroots level the same as everyone else..

frasu
01-16-2008, 05:07 PM
bump for updates

The Lantern
01-16-2008, 05:48 PM

I do not know whether he will support Ron Paul or not. He helped the early conservative movement by amassing direct mail lists. I think that this website was built to harvest all the Ron Paul suppporters personal information in an attempt to sell it to future political campaigns. Every time you do a poll you have to enter your physical address and email address. I think that this is just a massive harvesting operation.

mmink15
01-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Great website I'll give him that

frasu
01-16-2008, 06:00 PM
I do not know whether he will support Ron Paul or not. He helped the early conservative movement by amassing direct mail lists. I think that this website was built to harvest all the Ron Paul suppporters personal information in an attempt to sell it to future political campaigns. Every time you do a poll you have to enter your physical address and email address. I think that this is just a massive harvesting operation.

If he wants to harvest, good for him, but I still think it is a great idea to have him hired on our side... probably HQ will just pass on this looks like...

exciting progress

rightobeleftalone
01-16-2008, 08:58 PM
I had my own talk show from '87 to '97. I read all of Richard Viguerie's articles during those years. His open support of Ron Paul confirms the high esteem I held him in back then. He will take much heat from the neo-cons over this. Way to Go Richard! It would be a real plus if the campaign could put him to work for Ron.

goldstandard
01-17-2008, 05:52 AM
Update?

goldstandard
01-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Bump again for update

pennycat
01-18-2008, 09:48 AM
MY UPDATE: I have enlisted the aid of a well connected person with access to Lew Moore and Rand Paul. The person will be trying to get National Campaign to consider bringing in this 'new blood.' Read through some of this thread to learn more about Richard Viguerie. I will state again my own personal feeling that the campaign should approach Mr. Viguerie with an offer. Time is running short for us. We must have a decisive announcement and change of direction for the campaign.

tommyzDad
01-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Bump.

goldstandard
01-18-2008, 10:49 AM
bump for Richard Viguerie.

pennycat
01-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Come on guys, we can get this guy on board if we really want it. But we are going to have to be persistent. We need his expertise. And the media will respect someone of this caliber joining the campaign. Check out this article in Newsmax

Viguerie Launches Ron Paul Web Site

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 9:39 PM

Direct-mail guru Richard A. Viguerie has announced the launch of a new Web site, www.UltimateRonPaul.com.

"I remain uncommitted to any of the Republican candidates," Viguerie said, "but it is clear that Ron Paul is truly a principled conservative in the grand tradition of Robert Taft, Barry Goldwater, and Ronald Reagan."

Viguerie added, "By standing consistently for individual liberty and constitutionalism, Ron Paul has differentiated himself from all the other candidates, whose allegiance is to Big Government Republicanism.

"Paul's principled stands have brought him a new and committed following. Many of them like what they've seen in the television debates, but they want to learn more about the candidate and what he stands for. UltimateRonPaul.com is designed to meet their needs by giving them everything they need to know about Ron Paul on one Web site."

Viguerie, the author of "Conservatives Betrayed: How George W. Bush and Other Big Government Republicans Hijacked the Conservative Cause," pioneered ideological and political direct mail and has been called "the funding father of the conservative movement" for his role in helping build dozens of conservative organizations.

© 2008 All Rights Reserved.

evadmurd
01-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Why hasn't it been done yet? I guess it's too easy to just whine and complain about Nevada so there will be another excuse when we pull a dismal 5th behind those who didn't even give a rat's ass to campaign. Sorry for the negativity, but I have to blow off steam somewhere. This whole election--from corruptness of the process to incompetence of the campaign is driving me friggin' nuts.

frasu
01-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Come on guys, we can get this guy on board if we really want it. But we are going to have to be persistent. We need his expertise.

I am all for it, followed the thread for a while now, but what do you needs us to do... more than emailing the HQ, no idea...

ronpauleddy
01-18-2008, 09:44 PM
this is a great site!!!! it can help the movement stay organized!!

pennycat
01-18-2008, 10:15 PM
I am all for it, followed the thread for a while now, but what do you needs us to do... more than emailing the HQ, no idea...

We all know someone that knows someone. Talk this up and ask them to use their contacts within the campaign.

Fields
01-18-2008, 10:23 PM

I'm in your boat. I hear a call to arms, but what arms?