PDA

View Full Version : NPR Story right now!

llamabread
07-25-2007, 03:21 PM
I've just heard a tease for a story on NPR about Ron Paul. Its coming on right now. I listen to 90.3 WBHM out of Birmingham.

kylejack
07-25-2007, 03:22 PM
You beat me.

llamabread
07-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Its over now. I thought it was a good interview. About 6 minutes long, most of it Ron Paul talking about foreign policy, but they didn't take any cracks at him besides calling him a long shot in the opener.

beermotor
07-25-2007, 03:32 PM
My mom just called me (from Alabama) to tell me about it. Wonder if they will repeat it...

llamabread
07-25-2007, 03:46 PM
My mom just called me (from Alabama) to tell me about it. Wonder if they will repeat it...

Probably not. Usually they have news hours at 4, and 5 with the same news but with different stories.

kylejack
07-25-2007, 03:51 PM
I thought it was pretty good as did my mother who just had her first exposure to Ron Paul. NPR posts all their content on their website, so you should be able to hear it on the All Things Considered page soon.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 04:09 PM
NPR Interview article:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12224561

h/t Lewrockwell.com

Alabama Supporter
07-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Heck yeah, that made my day. I listen on my way home from work, and was very pleased to hear him.

The teaser mentioned that he was a "longshot", but when they got back from break to inroduce him they said "we are having all the MAJOR candidates for president on the show".

david.griffus
07-25-2007, 04:17 PM
I love All Things Considered and NPR, even if they very liberal by nature. They did a very good job and it was a very good intervew with Ron. A great intro to those who haven't heard of him.

kylejack
07-25-2007, 06:14 PM
"More from the Interview

Ron Paul answers Robert Siegel's questions on:

* Funding Social Security
* Abortion and the States
* Legalizing Marijuana
* Paul's Popularity on the Internet
* Health Care: Not a Right"

Don't miss these extra clips, guys. Good stuff here on the NPR link.

pennycat
07-25-2007, 06:37 PM
My sister, the big lib lawyer, called me to tell me it was on NPR in northern Illinios (I live in Florida). She called me on her way home from work after listening. Her comment, 'Well, I like him the best of all the Republican candidates. I'll have to check him out. He certainly sounded very intelligent and articulate." Geez, if she starts supporting him, I'll predict the RP landslide victory;-)

But till then, I got another 10 slim jims to give away. GO RON PAUL!

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 06:39 PM
It's a great interview especially with the extra focus questions, but as usual too brief.

Paul was very well on point, but would have been great with a little more time.

goldenequity
07-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Audio Posted:

July 25, 2007 - Ron Paul NPR All Things Considered (12 min)
(including some sound clips edited out of broadcast version)

HERE (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/index.html#new)

randy:)