PDA

View Full Version : Converted Someone Today!

NinjaPirate
01-15-2008, 04:27 PM
I was at work going to a job site and I got into a conversation with a cowoker of mine. I asked him who he was going for, and he said he was voting for either Giuliani, or Romney. Then I asked him if he heard of Ron Paul, and became very excited, said that he saw him in the last debate, and agrees with everything he says! ...And here's how the rest of our conversation went:

Me: If you agree with what he says, then why aren't you voting for him?

Co-worker: He won't win. Giuliani and Romney have a better chance of winning.

Me: Well, yeah, it's true that Ron Paul is a long shot, but you should vote based on principle, and for what you think is right, NOT on who you THINK is going to win.

Co-worker: You know, you're right. You just convinced me to vote for Ron Paul!

Score... :D

JonathanR
01-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Well done!

mkeller
01-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Congrats! I've yet to convert anyone outside of my immediate family . . .

Frossty
01-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Thats great! :)

manny
01-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Great work ninja!!

How well do you know him? I think it's a good idea when converting anyone to get an email/phone number.

Can use it to invite them to meet up.

Or to organize car sharing to go vote, maybe they'll bring their girlfriend etc.

Also tell new people about MLK day; given how many new donors we got for the tea party it seems new converts like the money bombs - a sense of being involved I guess.

belian78
01-15-2008, 04:39 PM
I was going through my call lists the other day, seeking out potential voters, and got an incoming call that i didnt recognize. When I answered, it was this guy asking who had called his number earlier that day. Well I told him who I was and what I was doing. He tells me "yeah i plan on voting, and no i didnt even know Ron Paul was running". oh great i tell myself. but i told him the quick rundown of 10+ terms, never voted for taxes, no to iraq war and yes to smaller gov.. well the guy just starts talking to me about all the issues! So of course i use this to tell him how the good Dr stands on all the issues. i dont know if the guy had planned on voting Dem or Rep (IL is open primary) but by the end of the call, i had all his address info, email, and i'm going to be stopping by his house to drop off some campaign materials and a yardsign! :D:D

seriously guys, these calls on the preceinct lists are EASY. it's alot of fun too. and you'll surprise yourself when you come across a supporter or someone willing to hear a bit about Dr Paul. I've got about 10 "undecided/leaning for Dr Paul" so far, just by making the call out to be one voter calling another, just that i'm supporting Dr Paul. :cool:

thechitowncubs
01-15-2008, 04:54 PM
I was going through my call lists the other day, seeking out potential voters, and got an incoming call that i didnt recognize. When I answered, it was this guy asking who had called his number earlier that day. Well I told him who I was and what I was doing. He tells me "yeah i plan on voting, and no i didnt even know Ron Paul was running". oh great i tell myself. but i told him the quick rundown of 10+ terms, never voted for taxes, no to iraq war and yes to smaller gov.. well the guy just starts talking to me about all the issues! So of course i use this to tell him how the good Dr stands on all the issues. i dont know if the guy had planned on voting Dem or Rep (IL is open primary) but by the end of the call, i had all his address info, email, and i'm going to be stopping by his house to drop off some campaign materials and a yardsign! :D:D

seriously guys, these calls on the preceinct lists are EASY. it's alot of fun too. and you'll surprise yourself when you come across a supporter or someone willing to hear a bit about Dr Paul. I've got about 10 "undecided/leaning for Dr Paul" so far, just by making the call out to be one voter calling another, just that i'm supporting Dr Paul. :cool:

Amazing, I had one guy I talked to for a while up here in northern Illinois but he didn't think his domestic policies were feasible and continued on to recommend a book called "The Shock Doctrine" and I am thoroughly stumped on how to continue.