PDA

View Full Version : Create A DIGG "PayPal Stop New Hampshire Recount"

phixion
01-15-2008, 04:22 PM
We need pressure on PayPal immediately so they release the funds and the recount can go ahead...

Click here. (https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=1UXJJMqh5k_KqkMJZ-DztxeF2fzu_hxZq72tlv7aqRjkfsquRKRLjRQVrRm&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f3893a48c4ade7e5f0b07bad34 16f38806fa0f445e05d0ae3)

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4223/grannywi1.gif

GET THIS STORY ALL OVER THE WEB - SLASHDOT, EVERYWHERE. DIGG IT.

PAYPAL HAULT NEW HAMPSHIRE RECOUNT

I don't know how to create a digg and don't have an account...

Pete

liberty_Forever
01-15-2008, 04:23 PM
what is going on?

please elaborate.

constitutional
01-15-2008, 04:25 PM
what is going on?

please elaborate.

ditto, no need to freak out.

slamhead
01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
It takes two weeks to get Paypal to release this kind of hold. Our meetup had a chipin that was put on hold also. When they see a new account start receiving big sums of money they put holds on them. Good luck trying to get them to take action.

free.alive
01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Maybe this is a blessing.

Take the time to think of all the PROACTIVE things this money can be used for to WIN NEW VOTES instead of sift through old ones.

Take all the time you need, PayPal

liberty_Forever
01-15-2008, 04:27 PM
please, let's not start rumors.. disregard this until we have some facts and a coherent post!

Menthol Patch
01-15-2008, 04:29 PM
If PayPal stops the New Hampshire recount we need to start a protest!

Ethek
01-15-2008, 04:31 PM
please, let's not start rumors.. disregard this until we have some facts and a coherent post!

If its true I could have almost expected this to happen. Paypal sucks used to be a favorite site of mine. A company that works like a bank out of the purvue of banking regulations. Purportedly staff at papyal will arbitrarially look for big accoutns with atypical patterns to lock and confiscate funds from.

I had a secret fear for any chip-in that subscribed to pay pal fundage.

Cleaner44
01-15-2008, 04:33 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/GRANNY_WARRIOR_SITE_DOWN_DONATE_HERE
GRANNY WARRIOR SITE DOWN! DONATE HERE!!!!alberthoward.org — Something fishy about this, but the site to donate for Recount is down. Go here and donate now, we need more donations!!
http://alberthoward.org/contr.aspx

Kotin
01-15-2008, 04:33 PM
yeah paypal screwed me and locked my account and stole 1200 dollars..

Menthol Patch
01-15-2008, 04:34 PM
We cannot allow PayPal to steal thousands of dollars from the rEVOLution!

liberty_Forever
01-15-2008, 04:34 PM
So is anyone in contact with Granny Warriors or is this all internet rumors?

DONT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS , THIS IS HOW RUMORS START K THX =P

Menthol Patch
01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Any lawyers on Ron Paul Forums?

Redcard
01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Why did you guys go through Paypal? Argh.

It's NOT a bank, it doesn't have to follow bank rules, which at one time might have been an advantage, but now it just sucks :P

Menthol Patch
01-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Paypal cannot just get away with stealing money though. There must be a way to take legal action.

Redcard
01-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Paypal cannot just get away with stealing money though. There must be a way to take legal action.

Nope. Read the terms of service.

If Paypal were, oh, a BANK, you could get them.. but they're not, they're a "payment services corporation."

*sighs*

People, stop using paypal for this crap. Get a savings account and store money there.

Menthol Patch
We need more information ASAP!

Menthol Patch
Nope. Read the terms of service.

If Paypal were, oh, a BANK, you could get them.. but they're not, they're a "payment services corporation."

*sighs*

People, stop using paypal for this crap. Get a savings account and store money there.

But a company is not allowed to steal! Seriously, there must be some way to get back funds!

Redcard
01-15-2008, 04:47 PM
But a company is not allowed to steal! Seriously, there must be some way to get back funds!

IF it's frozen, then the owner of the account can figure out why.

But there's nothing we can do.

fedup100
01-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Paypal is a criminal organization and has stolen peoples money for years. They need to be put out of business and should never be used. Look deeper into who controls and owns paypal. Then we will see who didn't want the recount in NH, someone high up has put the word out to paypal to stop the recount

Google "paypal is a scam" this has been going on for along time.

http://www.aboutpaypal.org/paypal_fraud

Try western union for now or a wire transfer, but the recount must go forward.

ronpaulrox
01-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Anyone in an online business who accepts lots of money online knows this is standard procedure. Paypal (like it or not) will freeze accounts that exhibit suspicious behavior (like suddenly receiving thousands of dollars) and hold it until it can verify the veracity of all those involved.

Veterans know that you're supposed to CALL Paypal and notify them that you are expecting a large influx of cash to preempt this. The grannies didn't foresee this and it's not their fault for not being prepared.

Furthermore, anyone wanting to trip up the grannies could simply call Paypal and complain and the account would be frozen. Hell...I wouldn't be surprised if some of our own Paulites, while investigating the integrity of the grannies themselves caused the account freeze.

My point is this...don't think for a minute that Paypal is involved in a conspiracy to stop the NH recount. They are too busy printing money to care about RP. What happened to the grannies happens to people all over the web on a regular basis. The grannies can join the list of tons of other people screwed (indiscriminantly) by Paypal here:

http://www.paypalwarning.com/home

freelance
01-15-2008, 05:03 PM

Yes they can. They've been doing it for years! Read their TOS. It'll blow your sock off.

liberty_Forever
01-15-2008, 05:05 PM
so do we have confirmation of this? anyone in contact with a primary source here?

szczebrzeszyn
01-15-2008, 05:12 PM

Are you trying to say that PEOPLE STORE THEIR MONEY ON PAYPAL ACCOUNT INSTEAD OF BANK ACCOUNT?!
Paypal sucks, but I use it sometimes (when there's no other choice) but I never store money there. Just a quick payment with CC or quick withdrawal to my bank. They are not reliable in any way and I would never store my money there...

constituent
01-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Paypal is a criminal organization and has stolen peoples money for years. They need to be put out of business and should never be used. Look deeper into who controls and owns paypal. Then we will see who didn't want the recount in NH, someone high up has put the word out to paypal to stop the recount

Google "paypal is a scam" this has been going on for along time.

http://www.aboutpaypal.org/paypal_fraud

Try western union for now or a wire transfer, but the recount must go forward.

+1000

i thought you knew.

not that the banks are any better. wells fargo being the worst.

RonRules
01-15-2008, 05:13 PM
There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to hold this money for two weeks. They earn interest on the float and that's why they're keeping it. Even checks get cleared in 3 days. (used to be longer until a law changed it)

Redcard
01-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Paypal is a criminal organization and has stolen peoples money for years. They need to be put out of business and should never be used. Look deeper into who controls and owns paypal. Then we will see who didn't want the recount in NH

Ron Paul didn't want the recount in NH, because, as he said, there was NO SIGN OF FRAUD.

Onyx
01-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Well ... they only changed the 0 to 31 in sutton because we noticed, otherwise it would have stayed at 0.

Redcard
01-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Are you trying to say that PEOPLE STORE THEIR MONEY ON PAYPAL ACCOUNT INSTEAD OF BANK ACCOUNT?!
Paypal sucks, but I use it sometimes (when there's no other choice) but I never store money there. Just a quick payment with CC or quick withdrawal to my bank. They are not reliable in any way and I would never store my money there...

Oh yes, people do.. in fact, I know podcasters out there who use paypal as their bank.. and with the paypal debit card, you can even get your money out quicker... :P

It's not a bank, though. It's not controlled or regulated like one. So I'm not going to dare put my money on there.

kyleAF
01-15-2008, 05:56 PM
http://grannywarrior.grannywarrior.chipin.com/recount

If you all want to continue with the support for the recount, then simply continue contributing. Granny seems to have opened a second account for the remainder that was not yet raised, and this one has not been shut down.

Presumably, they are able to withdraw the funds from the first chipin, and merely cannot receive new funds there. I could be wrong, but check the new chipin at the link above.

mikeInAZ
01-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Is this true for sure. I was reading earlier about how the wire was in progress and the re-count was in progress. How did we get that far without doing a withdrawl from Paypal?

m72mc
01-15-2008, 06:24 PM
stop the rumors, just call them and ask

itshappening
01-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Paypal suck!