PDA

View Full Version : Phone flooding with reverse psychology

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Hear me out...

The call-in segments of CNN, CSPAN, etc usually get flooded with Ron Paul calls. So much so that I suspect they filter the calls after a while, one way or another.

But what if we called pretending to be a McCain supporter, for example, and then made sure we sounded like a racist ignorant ass for all to hear.

Then the next call will be a "Romney guy because I don't like foreigners."

If this seems at all morally questionable, consider that
a)it is already being done to us
b)MSM's treatment of Paul
c)this is politics, not knitting class

Thoughts? Feel free to roast me if you like, just brainstorming here.

princessredtights
01-15-2008, 04:01 PM
I think it sounds awful - Dr Paul is a man of high integrity - I think it's a waste of time - you won't change anyone's mind and it makes our candidate look bad.

phixion
01-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Well it's not against the Geneva convention.

Onward.

Pete

rpfan2008
01-15-2008, 04:05 PM
doing it personally for your own pleasure and satisfaction is something else but I personally don't appreciate introducing such malice in grassroots forum.

Laja
01-15-2008, 04:05 PM
We have more power when we're FOR something than when we're AGAINST it. Just check on how you feel when you're passionate about something compared to when you're angry or negative about it. Like night and day. Go for what you want, not for what you don't want.

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-15-2008, 04:08 PM
I think it sounds awful - Dr Paul is a man of high integrity - I think it's a waste of time - you won't change anyone's mind and it makes our candidate look bad.

How does it make Ron Paul look bad? Perhaps you misunderstood.

And I think it clearly DOES change people's minds. MSM pumps this Ron Paul racist crap and "people don't want to be associated with that."

I say fight fire with a flamethrower.

Ron Paul is indeed a man of high integrity, but he is playing in the realm of politics.

As far as the call ins, it would have to be subtle to be effective. Much like the MSM's attacks on "longshot presidential liberitarian fringe candidate Ron Paul" are best when subtle.

Fire with fire, or no?

Lord_MiL
01-15-2008, 04:11 PM
The term for what you are talking about is "agent provacateur"

I do agree though that I think it is happening to us in this forum and elsewhere.

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-15-2008, 04:11 PM
doing it personally for your own pleasure and satisfaction is something else but I personally don't appreciate introducing such malice in grassroots forum.

Hmm would be neither.

The idea is to throw in a little counter programming to the MSM's programming.

I say this because I will tell you right now, if Ron Paul Campaign doesn't find a way to cut into the media stronghold, the sheep, bless our hearts, will never get their "reps" of Ron Paul.

Just thinking aloud... I'd never be a good enough actor to get away with it without sounding too obvious. But I'll bet there are a lot of theater majors out there...

DealzOnWheelz
01-15-2008, 04:13 PM
as long as RON PAUL is not mentioned it's fine

Call up an say you like McCain and then say we need to be in these countries for 100 years and establish a force in all of the countries across the world to maintain the upper hand in protecting our interests

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Hear me out...

The call-in segments of CNN, CSPAN, etc usually get flooded with Ron Paul calls. So much so that I suspect they filter the calls after a while, one way or another.

But what if we called pretending to be a McCain supporter, for example, and then made sure we sounded like a racist ignorant ass for all to hear.

If this seems at all morally questionable, consider that
a)it is already being done to us
b)MSM's treatment of Paul
c)this is politics, not knitting class

rule# 1 do not talk about fight club!
rule #2 Do Not Talk About Fight Club!
rule #3 DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-15-2008, 04:14 PM
The term for what you are talking about is "agent provacateur"

I do agree though that I think it is happening to us in this forum and elsewhere.

Y'know, a wise man once said:

"The end never justifies the means. Until you get railroaded by some jacka-- who is using the end to justify the means."

What I mean to say is, when Hillary or McCain are sworn into the white house...we'll always have our high horse. :)

trey4sports
01-15-2008, 04:16 PM
im down, bump this thread to the top when its time to call in and will do so

Thucydides
01-15-2008, 04:19 PM
think hard about what this movement is about

think hard about who you want to share this movement with

think hard about who you want to be in this movement

think hard about your dignity

think hard about more useful ways to spread the message

the other candidates can make asses of themselves quite nicely without your help

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-15-2008, 04:20 PM
rule# 1 do not talk about fight club!
rule #2 Do Not Talk About Fight Club!
rule #3 DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

Hey man, I'm just talkin bout Shaft... :D

Nah, no need for any secret. I know how "frames" and "context" works too, Frankie L. Enough people hear the words McCain and JackHole back to back, pretty soon they'll be talking at the dinner table about "what a jackhole that McCain is."

Frank is working it for FoxNews, the Paul campaign should be too. Indirectly of course. Just like the room full of Thompson supporters at the end of the last fox debate. NOTHING fishy at all. I just happen to be "a guy with very strange fetishes who LOVES me some Romney." See, I would suck at this. Way too obvious. :D

LudwigVan Kubrick
01-15-2008, 04:27 PM
think hard about what this movement is about

think hard about who you want to share this movement with

think hard about who you want to be in this movement

think hard about your dignity

think hard about more useful ways to spread the message

the other candidates can make asses of themselves quite nicely without your help

think hard about the medium of politics

think hard about what the MSM is doing to the Paul campaign, and why

think hard about bringing knives of morality to political gunfights.

Thucydides
01-15-2008, 04:28 PM
and regarding agent provocateurs in this forum and in the media:

their trick only works if you let them provoke you

don't reap the dissent they sow. don't waste time worrying about their lies. gtvo.

me3
01-15-2008, 04:31 PM

I'm tired of people coming along and posing negative ideas that will only serve to bring down the grassroots.

Get out there and canvass. Get the Vote out.

arbnranger
01-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Tell them you are a McCain supporter and that he is going to push for MIKE HOCK as the VP.

Thucydides
01-15-2008, 05:00 PM
think hard about the medium of politics

think hard about what the MSM is doing to the Paul campaign, and why

think hard about bringing knives of morality to political gunfights.

Would your candidate do it?

If not, why would you do it in support of him?

Try to spend the energy and commitment in a different positive way and I am sure the result will be more valuable.