PDA

View Full Version : Can the GOP stomach McCain??

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-15-2008, 03:32 PM
It looks like McCain is gaining steam, but how can the GOP coalesce around this guy? Limbaugh and Hannity and their ilk hate McCain, the secure-borders groups hate him even more. Religious conservatives don't trust him.

McCain would cause a meltdown in the GOP, in my opinion.

pinkmandy
01-15-2008, 03:37 PM
That man is insane. We would be electing a madman as President. I don't know how he'll gain support- I sense a lot of confusion in the GOP right now thanks to the revolution imo. We've upset them enough to cause a bit of chaos (making them think about things they don't normally think about, even if just a little) and now everyone isn't falling in lockstep.

I'm finding that people who thought we were crazy and RP wasn't serious are scratching their heads. These people- being pushy about RP doesn't help. What is working for me is showing MY enthusiasm and discussing issues like the economy without making it a RP talking point. They are making the connection themselves once they understand the depth of the issues.

Ronin
01-15-2008, 03:41 PM
He's their only hope ATM. Polling shows he's the only beating any of the Dem candidates. He also gets independents. I suspect if RP doesn't get the nod, you'll see a McCain/Huck ticket. Huck gets the evangelicals and McCain gets the indies and the GOP calls it a day.

Oh, and he's the only one that is currently keeping up the neo-conservative fear message.

newbitech
01-15-2008, 03:41 PM
--snip-- They are making the connection themselves once they understand the depth of the issues.

so important and so true.

RonPaulFTFW
01-15-2008, 03:45 PM
he'll break back just like GHOULIANI did.

lets just hope Paul is there to pick up the slack.

mosquitobite
01-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I think McCain won't stay the front runner.

Romney hopefully in MI, Giuliani in FL > that would be NICE! :D