PDA

View Full Version : MSM Pricks.

honkywill
07-25-2007, 02:06 PM
8. Ron Paul
Texas congressman Last Ranking: 8
He has the cash on hand to stay in the race, and an online supporter network that is not going anywhere.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16711064/

JaylieWoW
07-25-2007, 02:08 PM
When I first read it I said, "damn right we're not going anywhere" meaning we're not supporting anyone else no matter what. However, after saying that to myself I realized it was intended to convey quite the opposite. Meaning: we're not capable of doing anything else well besides the internet. Worthless bastages!!

JoshLowry
07-25-2007, 02:09 PM
I know it's tempting but in order to minimize duplicate threads can everyone please try and be a bit more descriptive with their thread titles.

As for the article, use it as fuel for your fire. Make 'em eat their words, get out and spread that word!

Dustancostine
07-25-2007, 02:11 PM
I really think they meant it the way you thought the first time. If they meant it negatively they would have added a but between supporter group and not.

BLS
07-25-2007, 02:12 PM
You've taken it out of context IMO.

Most of this piece is not slanderous. They're saying "He's got money, and an online campaign that is behind him regardless".

I don't think it's a bad piece.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 02:12 PM
well, lets show them how wrong they are... I guess when 500+ people show up whenever he talks.. I guess that is just all online...

The thing is.. you will notice an increase in their attackes the more fearfull they get. This is also a ploy to be used, divide and conquer. They will disillusion you and disillusion the message by saying the masses do not support.. THUS, he must be lame...

but that is an incorrect assumption.. because once his word is heard he converts people... They know this, that is why they are shutting him down hard... He is moving too fast for them. Now they are getting more fearful.

Slugg
07-25-2007, 02:14 PM
low expectations = big surprises...it's fine

nullvalu
07-25-2007, 02:16 PM
I don't think they meant anything bad by it, just saying he has a dedicated group of people working for him...

Kuldebar
I am pretty sure it was meant to be derogatory.

Notice they say, "supporter network that is not going anywhere" and not, "support network that is not going anywhere".

I would agree that Ron Paul network of support is here to stay and strong, but I'd disagree that the supporter network is going nowhere, ergo futile, meaningless.

It's most definitely a slam and they deserve to be placed in that special area in hell next to that LA times writer (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=8887).

It can't be taken out of context, the OP quoted the entire segment about Ron Paul.

ARealConservative
the writeup was fine.

the issue is keeping us 8th. We are clearly the highest of the 2nd tier candidates.

JoshLowry
07-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Here's how they previously had him ranked with a nice note.

http://www.photoflock.com/get/p46a7af8838219.jpg (http://www.photoflock.com/display/p46a7af8838219)

:D

Dustancostine
07-25-2007, 02:19 PM
What really pisses me off is that they have Dr. Paul ranked 8th. Based on what? He is polling the same or higher than Brownback, Huckabee, and Tancredo. Has more money than they do, and raised more than they did. Has a ton, I mean ton of support compared to those three, so what is their Fing problem.

Also read this quote about Huckabee:

Former Arkansas governor Last Ranking: 4
Notice that Huckabee seems to rise in stature around the debates, but in between them, he cannot make news for the life of him. in '08.

Mabye because nobody gives a crap about him, but during the debates you give him more time and then sit around and try to shove him down our throats.

freelance
07-25-2007, 02:23 PM
How about if you all read the date! ;-)

Updated: 2:06 p.m. CT July 17, 2007

That was before the South Carolina events.

bygone
07-25-2007, 02:25 PM
I think the comment they made is meant both ways. It will be interesting to see if online support can translate into votes.

If it does, it'll be a big story.

micahnelson
07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
There is no crying in baseball.

robatsu
07-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I think they meant it that his network is dedicated and won't be peeled off to other candidates. That is the the big concern of any candidates.

As another point, I think they are startlingly honest about McCain, saying the real reason his campaign has crumbled is immigration and it would be nice if the MSM took note of this. Sometimes the truth does leak out.

RP08
07-25-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm encouraged by the fact that "undecided" is ranked #1. There's significant potential there.

Once someone really gets the Ron Paul message, knowers are supporters.

Dustancostine
07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm encouraged by the fact that "undecided" is ranked #1. There's significant potential there.

Once someone really gets the Ron Paul message, knowers are supporters.

Maybe Ron Paul should change his name to Undecided to get name recognition and jump to the front of polls! :D

V-rod
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Ron Paul has raised alot more money, has enormous ground support, online support, and more media recognition. Yet MSM wants us to believe that Tommy Thompson has a higher chance of winning than Ron Paul. GIMME A FARKING BREAK! I won't believe MSM Now if they told me water was wet.