PDA

View Full Version : Quote Pamphlet

JaylieWoW
07-25-2007, 01:55 PM
My boss, who knows me to be a fully certifiable "quote geek", left me a little surprise on my desk this morning. It is a small booklet entitled "Bits & Pieces", The Magazine that Motivates the World.

In it are some remarkable quotes and words to live by. For example:

People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them Benjamin Franklin said it first.

I was thinking about coming up with a similar small booklet for Ron Paul. In it I would put quotes from the founding fathers as well as quotes from Ron Paul. Would anyone else be interested in working on a project like this? It isn't necessarily an "original" writing project, but I think everyone identifies many of life's lessons and tribulations via the short and wise words of those who came before us.

PM or post here if you are interested.

David Stratton
08-15-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm working with the organizer of the #97 RP Meetup group (Pittsburgh/Western PA) on a marketing project of some kind. I want to do exactly this kind of project, so I'm all in. I think if we could take the same picture of Ron Paul and find 4 or 5 different very brief quotes that sum up his views, we'd be able to print off a couple thousand of each itteration of the poster and stick 'em all over town. The reason it needs to be short is:

1. people won't read it if it's more than a few lines
2. we can't make the text big enough to read from far away if it's a very long quote

The easiest one that springs to mind right now is "Freedom is popular!"

I like what you're getting at with comparing the words of Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, etc. with what Ron Paul says today. That's better off in a Slim Jim kind of format, where someone who is interest has already agreed to take it and read it, becuase then it will further pique their interest. No good for posters though, IMO.