PDA

View Full Version : Making Mardi Gras a Pauldi Gras on February 5th

torchbearer
01-15-2008, 02:37 PM
I am encouraging everyone to go to a new site: http://www.pauldigras.com

I hope it will become the base of all Mardi Gras organizing, and fund raising. The major goal of the site is to raise $2800 to have the Ron Paul Air Corps fly over both parade routes (Metairie/Orleans) on Mardi Gras day, for 6 hours. Over 1 million people will see it, so let's get this going. I have sent this to all the Gulf Coast meet-ups. There are over 1000 of us, if 1/3 of us donated $10 we can reach our goal. I have put up a $100, and another member of my meetup has put up a $100.

The other goal of the site is to organize all of our efforts, whether it be canvassing, slim-jimming cars, or making sure your sober enough to point out the banner to everyone around you. Please join the discussions, sign up to be a part of early morning canvassing, the car brigade, or to just help drive people around before the parade.

I would like everyone to check it out, and sign-up to do something. If you have other ideas post it. This site is needed because the meet-ups are not all linked. We need a way to get everyone in Louisiana and even lower Mississippi involved, and organized. My focus is mainly on Metairie, but if we can get enough people we can do New Orleans as well.

Ideas

Early morning canvassing: Between 6am and 9am, there are not many people on the parade route. Mostly people just holding there spot with nothing better to do. We should have groups of 4 dropped off at different points along the route and just go talk to these people with nothing better to do. Think about it, the few people holding spots are the organizers/alpha members of their group/family. If you can convert them, maybe you have converted their immediate family or friends. Especially, once they see the banner flying and the person we talked to can tell everybody about Dr. Paul.

Car Brigade: Placing our custom slim-jim on every car we can. If we didn't talk to them at least they'll have information about Dr. Paul to back-up the coolness of the Air Corps.

This is about passion, no other candidate has ever had people giving up half or all of their Mardi Gras Holiday. How many Mardi Gras parades have you been to? What is one out of all the other ones you will see, join me in the effort! If you can't help, at least donate so you can point to the banner when it flies over. If you have questions look up my contact info on the website, and give me a call.