PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Popularity

Suzu
07-25-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm a computer nerd, online practically around the clock, and I can no longer keep up with the news about Ron Paul. Google Alerts are coming in so fast that if I don't read them hourly, before I know it, they really pile up.

I know he will be our next president. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. But that knowledge doesn't come from seeing all this news. I knew it long before he was getting any press. I had a VISION of it happening!!

Anyone else had one of those???

Bradley in DC
07-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Personally, I hope the "Suzu-nometer" is right!

RP08
07-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Right on Suzu!

dude58677
07-25-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm a computer nerd, online practically around the clock, and I can no longer keep up with the news about Ron Paul. Google Alerts are coming in so fast that if I don't read them hourly, before I know it, they really pile up.

I know he will be our next president. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. But that knowledge doesn't come from seeing all this news. I knew it long before he was getting any press. I had a VISION of it happening!!

Yes, I did.

BLS
07-25-2007, 01:28 PM
I've got wood.

FreedomLover
07-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I've got wood.

ahahhahahahha

Thatguyuknow
07-25-2007, 01:49 PM
It's very nice to think Ron Paul is going to win the presidency, but let's be realistic here. He's getting 2% in most polls, doesn't have a significant Iowa campaign, and for all intensive purposes, is running against a mob of Neo-cons. If Ron Paul places in the top 5 at the Straw poll, I would be shocked.

micahnelson
07-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Its "intents and purposes", not intensive purposes.

I dont want to be that guy, but these things kinda make me cry.

RP08
07-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Its "intents and purposes", not intensive purposes.

I dont want to be that guy, but these things kinda make me cry.

me too

"I could care less." is one of the most over-used offenders, I think.

nullvalu
07-25-2007, 01:57 PM
my pet peeve is the confusion over there, their and they're. or when people misuse etc instead of et al.

however i still have problems with IE vs EI in spelling.

Silverback
07-25-2007, 02:32 PM
It's LOSE, not loose, unless of course it is.

Suzu
07-25-2007, 09:44 PM
my pet peeve is the confusion over there, their and they're. or when people misuse etc instead of et al.

however i still have problems with IE vs EI in spelling.

Memorize this: I before E, except after C.

But there are some exceptions.

Mom4Ron
07-25-2007, 09:48 PM

From your lips to God's ear.

bygone
07-25-2007, 11:00 PM
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi

You could always ask that.

Question: Will Ron Paul win?

Answer: Definately

richard1984
07-25-2007, 11:13 PM
I've got hope. And I have a dream. But I realize that none of us know the future. So let's do what we can to afffect now.

Chester Copperpot
07-25-2007, 11:17 PM

In a fashion.. Everything seems to be coming into play to put Ron Paul into the right place. He is absolutely the ONLY guy who could do this.. Because he is probably the only Statesman this country has seen in over 100 years.

I believe he is the right man, in the right place, at the right time. I find it ironic as hell that he is a Republican from Texas. Everybody else probably thinks he doesnt stand a chance, yet that sort of thinking is what allows him to creep up almost unnoticed..; Everytime somebody tries to silence him he comes back stronger.

Slugg
07-25-2007, 11:56 PM
A little story for some of you 'wackos' (i'm being sarcastic).

My wife teaches U.S. History at the University of Maryland. She is a 'down range' professor and we live in Bahrain. Recently, a new professor arrived from the states to teach art. We were talking, about nothing really, when she brought up the subject of the next presidential election. She said, "You know, one of my friends had a premonition about this next election. She said that a grassroots campaign will appear out of seemingly nowhere and change the face of the election. She did not say if he was going to win or not...but that it was going to happen."

I then asked, "Have you heard of Ron Paul?"

To my amazement, she said, "No."

Hmmm...interesting...I gave her the website and information...but I thought it was interesting that she was expecting a grassroots campaign to 'pop up' like her friend said, but hadn't heard of Ron Paul.

Perhaps you believe in premonitions, perhaps you don't (I am honestly neutral on the subject). But....perhaps her friend is right.

To be honest, it doesn't take a psychic to see that Americans are unhappy and that typical politicians are not solving our problems. So, the logical conclusion one can come up with is a grassroots campaign that takes the election by storm.
:D

Slugg
07-25-2007, 11:57 PM
In a fashion.. Everything seems to be coming into play to put Ron Paul into the right place. He is absolutely the ONLY guy who could do this.. Because he is probably the only Statesman this country has seen in over 100 years.

I don't know if he's been our only Statesman the past 100 years. I think the statesmen of the past 100 years have just plain been overlooked. But he's the only one peaking his head up this election...that's for sure!

scrosnoe
07-26-2007, 03:16 AM
Yes, but not about this race yet. I would like to hear details - email me if you don't want to post and are willing. There is a meetup group for prayer warriors that you might want to look into. I think it is group 527.

I believe in prayer and I believe that prayer in harmony with other believers and in harmony with God's purposes is a mighty powerful force - the most powerful in the universe!

And for all those of you watching and saying what a waste of time - I believe faith without works is dead / so I'll be doing all I can do to put 'feet' to those prayers:)

The Statement of Faith was important for some, but a 'current' annointing would definitely be of interest to certain segments of the christian community!

quickmike
07-26-2007, 06:36 AM
me too

"I could care less." is one of the most over-used offenders, I think.

My favorite is instead of "scapecoat", they say escape goat:D

ecliptic
07-26-2007, 06:58 AM
Ron Paul will win 2008.

Pray for it, visualize it, live it every damn day. We will win.

Now get out there and make it happen! Go on.... git!

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self evident. (http://www.quotationsbook.com/quote/39971/)

- Arthur Schopenhauer (http://www.quotationsbook.com/author/6517/)