PDA

View Full Version : RADIO ADS: ANTE UP NOW! - lets do this!

Pages : [1] 2

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Okay, Like the NEWSPAPER AD - I AM PUSHING FOR RADIO ADS.

RADIO AD DONATIONS

Listen, this is a tight push. Please specify IN your 'subject" via paypal: radio ad.

We need to up the ante fast on this. Post this thread in other places - ie. meetups and such. Its important.

List of Radio stations under consideration:

KGGO-FM 94.9 - Classic Rock
KJJY-FM 92.5 - Country
KHKI-FM 97.3 - Country
KWQW-FM 98.3 - Talk
WHO 1040 - News Radio **

spots are from $10 - $160 PER 30second spot, depending on station and times.
WHO is 150 - 250 per 30 second spot.

I will put $200 towards this.

IF the newspaper ad does not pan up (lack of donations), I will contact those people and roll those monies into this (including my $300 in addition to the $200 here)...!!!!!

PAYPAL: RONPAUL4AMERICA@YAHOO.COM

Make this a sticky. I will fax the mod my drivers license for verification of "who I am".

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 01:18 PM
bump

Dan Klaus
07-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Xar,
Doesn't look promising in the newspaper thread...feel free to roll the cash I donated to wherever you feel will reach the most people...personally like the radio ads a bit more to be honest..good luck..

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I think the RADIO will be a bit more bang for the buck....

Let me modify it to push people here.

Electrostatic
07-25-2007, 01:29 PM
I got $35.. I wish I could do more but It's gonna be hard for me to pay bills this month as is...

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 01:30 PM
I got $35.. I wish I could do more but It's gonna be hard for me to pay bills this month as is...

that $35 has the potential to pay for 3 ads, depending... ANYTHING counts!

lovesladyliberty
07-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Xar,
Doesn't look promising in the newspaper thread...feel free to roll the cash I donated to wherever you feel will reach the most people...personally like the radio ads a bit more to be honest..good luck..

Ditto me on that. I don't care where my money goes as long as it goes to help getting the message out.

jacmicwag
07-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm in for $35. Would do more but tickets for San Antonio this weekend ran $200.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 01:38 PM
What about WHO radio? I would put $200 toward an ad on WHO radio, Jan Mikkelson's station.

TARGETing the ads is crucial! Pop radio listeners don't care about politics. WHO talk radio listeners DO care about politics. 30 second ad there is worth 20x what one on pop radio is worth.

Electrostatic
07-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I agree.... And I went and found this for ya... WHO Advertising Contact Name/Number...

"WHO Radio, both on the air and online, is one of the most powerful marketing mediums in the state of Iowa, with several unique characteristics that associate importance with your message. Contact us to learn more!
Monday, May 8, 2006
Advertise on-the-air or online. Reach listeners who can only listen online due to fringe signal, intererference or obstructions in their workplaces or homes! To find out much more about innovative ways to reach our valuable audience, email Mary Greig or call 515-245-8923."

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 01:50 PM
What about WHO radio? I would put $200 toward an ad on WHO radio, Jan Mikkelson's station.

TARGETing the ads is crucial! Pop radio listeners don't care about politics. WHO talk radio listeners DO care about politics. 30 second ad there is worth 20x what one on pop radio is worth.

Okay. I just called WHO and got pricing... they are expensive... But that is a viable market and will include that. I will modify the original post.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Okay. I just called WHO and got pricing... they are expensive... But that is a viable market and will include that. I will modify the original post.

But, in all honesty, an ad on their station is worth 20 times what an ad on a music station would be. So it they're less than 20x the price of another station, it's a good deal. Hell, put all the money on that one station. It'd be worth it.

Am I right, y'all?

BLS
07-25-2007, 02:00 PM
OK..You got $20 more. I can't afford to give more right now, I'm sorry.

BLS
07-25-2007, 02:02 PM
But, in all honesty, an ad on their station is worth 20 times what an ad on a music station would be. So it they're less than 20x the price of another station, it's a good deal. Hell, put all the money on that one station. It'd be worth it.

Am I right, y'all?

I totally agree. The music stations aren't going to hit as many straw voters as the local political/talk station will...BUT, there's a good chance those who listen to those stations will also have their minds made up already.

6 of one, 1/2 dozen of another.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Ok.. I need the donations.. We can work out specifics in a few days.. I will not hit the "fm stations" much but mostly all talk radio.... and just a "few" music stations..... for a bit of overlap...

Okay.. WHO is the Majority. BUT DONATE.

Keep in mind they have "tiers" of availability.. some tiers are already filled up.

BLS
07-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Ok.. I need the donations.. We can work out specifics in a few days.. I will not hit the "fm stations" much but mostly all talk radio.... and just a "few" music stations..... for a bit of overlap...

Okay.. WHO is the Majority. BUT DONATE.

Keep in mind they have "tiers" of availability.. some tiers are already filled up.

Just do whatever you think is right.

Electrostatic
07-25-2007, 02:18 PM

Does this mean, say, that rush hour is filled through the middle of August or something?

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 02:20 PM
How much do you need? For example, how much is a 30-second spot on Mikkelson's show, or whatever? Are you going to have the stations do the voice-over? Do you have a script? How soon will they go up?

I'm ready to send money; just want to know what we're buying.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Does this mean, say, that rush hour is filled through the middle of August or something?

Yes... I am ONLY going for August 1st thru August 7th ---

Actually I believe the MOST EXPENSIVE spots are available after August 6th... I spoke with a very nice woman. I didn't get into big specifics about "Levels" of advertising because I do not have enough to make a clear definition of where WE will be advertising. Once we get a good bit of money, then we can see what our options are. Level 1 is the best and is for prime-time, largest listener coverage, level 2 is.. well, second best and still commands a wise audience. Our goal is level 2 and level 1...

Keep in mind, I am doing this for the STRAW POLL. After the 11th... HQ needs to ante up on how they want to proceed etc...

BUT FOR OTHERS ---- Once this Straw Poll is over, we need to formulate radio for upcoming polls BEFORE 2-3 weeks prior.. like we have been doing.

thanks.

Badger Paul
07-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Xar, I'm having trouble establishing a Pay Pal account. I would like to donate $35 at least. Could you send an address to my private yahoo.com account? Thanks.

wiaawrestling@yahoo.com

Badger Paul
07-25-2007, 02:29 PM
That's what I ment by address. Sorry not to include in the first message.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 02:30 PM
How much do you need? For example, how much is a 30-second spot on Mikkelson's show, or whatever? Are you going to have the stations do the voice-over? Do you have a script? How soon will they go up?

I'm ready to send money; just want to know what we're buying.

I have inquired about what is BEST to hit... 30 or 60 second slot - she will get back to me.

NO, I do not have an ad yet. I will work on that this weekend with a professional in a budddies studio. I WILL NOT put forward a amatuerish or "second best" ad. It WILL SOUND professional, because I am heading this up. This is his timeslot and pricing. I understand where you are coming from, but I can't make guarantees on what is gonna be available or how perfect the actual ad will be. You just have to trust. I do not want to put out too much info here.

Level 1--- 90%-100% coverage
60second: $375
30 second: $300

level 2 --70%-89% coverage
60second: $325
30second: $260

level 3 --0% - 69% coverage
60second: $275
30second: $220

Electrostatic
07-25-2007, 02:34 PM
I would vote for August 6th/7th/8th if possible... A good showing in the debate on the 5th followed by some "buzz" could work wonders... We will DEFINITELY need to get volunteers to keep the lines open to the talk shows on Aug 6th... This will not cost any money and could work wonders... Combined with radio ads and (HOPEFULLY) some sort of August 5th/6th "Overnight" we could make some measureable headway right before the poll... My gut feeling says that there will be lot of Iowans watching that debate, and many of them will be thinking "Gee, I'd vote for him if I though he had a chance..." If they go out the next day or two and see Ron Paul everywhere and here his supporters on the airwaves they might decide to vote for him... If they go out and DO NOT see/hear a lot about Ron in the couple days right after the debate they will probably not vote for him no matter how "Right" they think he was in the debate..

I so wish I was in Iowa right now....

Does anyone know any of the people on the ground there who are going to be taking this to the wire???

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 02:35 PM
That helps a lot! I was going to put up $200. Does someone want to go the extra $75 for a level 3 60 second ad, or the extra $175 for a level 1 60 second ad? (Seems like 60 seconds is the best investment, right? Provided you have 60 seconds worth of material.)

How much $ do you have right now, Xar?

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 02:40 PM
That helps a lot! I was going to put up $200. Does someone want to go the extra $75 for a level 3 60 second ad, or the extra $175 for a level 1 60 second ad? (Seems like 60 seconds is the best investment, right? Provided you have 60 seconds worth of material.)

How much $ do you have right now, Xar?

well.. I don't have much.. If I fold the NEWSPAPER one into this -- then I have about ..hmmm

Its hard to say.. I am putting forth 500 of my own money, and IF we use all monies, then total we have about $750 ... BUT I pinged those who contributed to the NEWSPAPER to see if its okay to roll the monies over... so we have to wait.

Somenoe pinged me earlier for a large amount for radio, if he/she puts in.. that would be great...

I will go back to my original radio ad.. and ping those people who said they will donate..

Just DONATE what you can.... someone put in $7, that is 7x more than nothing :-)

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 02:43 PM
someone put in $7, that is 7x more than nothing :-)

Actually, it is infinitely more than nothing, but 7x $1. :D

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Alright, I am pledging $300, enough for one ad. Count it as money in the bank, but I would prefer to see the script first. Can you include "defend our borders, not Iraq's?"

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Alright, I am pledging $300, enough for one ad. Count it as money in the bank, but I would prefer to see the script first. Can you include "defend our borders, not Iraq's?"

I am BIG on illegal immigration, rest assured that WILL BE mentioned :-)

MsDoodahs
07-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Well....

I wanted a couple of new garbage cans because one of mine has a cracked lid, but INSTEAD .... I'll put duct tape on the lid and send you $100. :D

Please PM me the details for paypal donation.

jacmicwag
07-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Looking at a map, I wonder if we could get a good deal in the Nevada and Boone local radio markets just east and west of Ames. These are smaller towns but very close to our Straw Poll target. Maybe we can squeeze a few hundred extra votes from the heartland for a small investment. What do you think?

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 03:33 PM
i put in the 7$ lol sorry if its not much.

I was saying that your contribution is FINE. Cause people think "I can't donate much", and I was saying.. donate whatever you can.....

I was actually giving you kudos... or at least that was my intention :-)

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Looking at a map, I wonder if we could get a good deal in the Nevada and Boone local radio markets just east and west of Ames. These are smaller towns but very close to our Straw Poll target. Maybe we can squeeze a few hundred extra votes from the heartland for a small investment. What do you think?

Yes... that is why I have those "other stations" in there.....

the focus will be WHO, and I will trickle down on the others.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Well....

I wanted a couple of new garbage cans because one of mine has a cracked lid, but INSTEAD .... I'll put duct tape on the lid and send you $100. :D

Please PM me the details for paypal donation.

hahahaha... awesome! we are steadily climbing...

RP08
07-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Sending everything I can to the offical campaign has me dried up right now, but I'll do ramen and send you a few days' lunch money for the cause. $25 more added.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Remember to ping the MEETUPS TOO. I will also.

Dave
07-25-2007, 03:50 PM
I think a lot of people will tune into Jan Mickelson on WHO on Monday August 6 (9-11:30) to hear discussion of the debate. I think he's a closet Ron Paul fanatic. Might be a sweet spot. Also consider Steve Deace from 4 to 7 PM that day as I'm sure he'll be discussing the debate as well. He supports Huckabee but has said good things about Dr. Paul and just hates Romney.

In some thread yesterday I said...

Therefore I offer as a suggestion looking at WOW 98.3 FM (all talk - Glenn Beck, Savage, Hannity) in Des Moines and maybe target the 'Mac's World' 1:20 to 3:40 afternoon program since it's local. Another option would be to explore running something on an Ames radio station or the station at Iowa State University (which should be dirt cheap). Running ads in Ames might be some good bang for the buck since there's almost no travel involved. It's a bummer that classes don't start until Aug. 20 but I'm sure there's still a fair number of students in town on Aug. 11.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
I think a lot of people will tune into Jan Mickelson on WHO on Monday August 6 (9-11:30) to hear discussion of the debate. I think he's a closet Ron Paul fanatic. Might be a sweet spot. Also consider Steve Deace from 4 to 7 PM that day as I'm sure he'll be discussing the debate as well. He supports Huckabee but has said good things about Dr. Paul and just hates Romney.

In some thread yesterday I said...

Therefore I offer as a suggestion looking at WOW 98.3 FM (all talk - Glenn Beck, Savage, Hannity) in Des Moines and maybe target the 'Mac's World' 1:20 to 3:40 afternoon program since it's local. Another option would be to explore running something on an Ames radio station or the station at Iowa State University (which should be dirt cheap). Running ads in Ames might be some good bang for the buck since there's almost no travel involved. It's a bummer that classes don't start until Aug. 20 but I'm sure there's still a fair number of students in town on Aug. 11.

I AM targeting WOW:
98.3 KWQW (Citadel Broadcasting, news/talk/sports) — "Wow FM," Boone, 41 kW

I will look into the University too... I dont' wan to spread our message too thin... But I hear you.

thanks.

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 04:03 PM
sorry if this question has been answered...but are we setting up a PAC for this?

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 04:07 PM
deadhead.. I have inquried about it.. Do you want to head that up? Getting a PAC or finding out if one of the other meetups has one?

MsDoodahs
07-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Okay, LX - you should have money.

:D

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Would be great if an Iowan can set up the PAC -- makes us look local. "Iowans for Liberty"

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 04:26 PM
I would disagree with that.... cause we want to be able to reuse the PAC... so something like

americans for Ron Paul
Freedom Lovers for Ron Paul
A Bright Future

etc...

Electrostatic
07-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Restore the Republic, 2008

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Xar, I think it was Chicago Lawyer who said we should not have the name "Ron Paul" in the name of the PAC.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Restore the Republic, 2008

I like that..

or

paid for by "Save the Constitution"

think we have 10 days once the money is spent to get a PAC

I think we are ready to go very soon....

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 05:24 PM
How do I start a nonconnected PAC?

Nonconnected PACs must register by filing FEC Form 1 [PDF], Statement of Organization within 10 days after raising or spending in excess of $1,000 in connection with federal elections. Such PACs should download the Campaign Guide for Nonconnected Committees [PDF] for more information on the laws that apply to them.

Okay,, since nobody is ante'ing up.. I will do this....

SINCE we have 10days OF spending the money, I will wait till the money is spent.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 05:31 PM
http://www.fec.gov/ans/answers_pac.shtml

Fill out the form, designate officers. I'm a bad treasurer, but could set it up if no one else wants to. Xar, would you be treasurer?

Edit: Never mind. I should have read your post, Xar.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 05:33 PM
SINCE we have 10days OF spending the money, I will wait till the money is spent.

No, it's withing 10 days of spending OR receiving. You're getting close to receiving that much, aren't you?

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 05:34 PM
I AM targeting WOW:
98.3 KWQW (Citadel Broadcasting, news/talk/sports) — "Wow FM," Boone, 41 kW

I will look into the University too... I dont' wan to spread our message too thin... But I hear you.

thanks.

I agree with Dave that we need to go after WHO, especially in Jan Michelson's time slot. My understanding is that this is one of the top radio stations.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 05:34 PM
No, it's withing 10 days of spending OR receiving. You're getting close to receiving that much, aren't you?

yes... it is fine.. i just want to be DONE before I look into something else.

I have alot of things going on.. I am trying to get a TON of flyers to people in IOWA, I have the malings to do, and this..

soooo I want to do the PAC when I have a day of breadthing room AND that will be within the 10 days of yesterday :-)

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 05:35 PM

Damn that McCain. :mad: It's fitting that the little turkey is broke. Since 'ol Fred supported this POS legislation, I hope he runs flat up against this too.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 05:36 PM
I agree with Dave that we need to go after WHO, especially in Jan Michelson's time slot. My understanding is that this is one of the top radio stations.

I am confused.. we are going after WHO... but picking a timeslot is tough because everyone has a different Idea of what is good..

foofighter20x
07-25-2007, 05:38 PM
How do I PayPal the money? the link in the OP was an email... :confused:

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 05:39 PM
I am confused.. we are going after WHO... but picking a timeslot is tough because everyone has a different Idea of what is good..

Whatever you pick is fine with me, Xar. :) On the previous page you mentioned WOW. You must have meant, WHO. :) I thought you were talking about yet a different radio station, is all.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 05:40 PM
How do I PayPal the money? the link in the OP was an email... :confused:

Yeah, once you drive over to paypal, notice the tabs at the top. One of them is to "send money". You can send money to an email address.

lovesladyliberty
07-25-2007, 05:41 PM
You go to PayPal. There you should see various tabs along the top. One of them is for sending money. Click on it. You enter in the person's e-mail that you would like to send money to (their e-mail is connected to their account). You fill out the form and send the payment.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Whatever you pick is fine with me, Xar. :) On the previous page you mentioned WOW. You must have meant, WHO. :) I thought you were talking about yet a different radio station, is all.

Oh, see the first posting from me, I put the stations down. no worries..

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 05:47 PM

If you're doing, say 4 ads on WHO, go one in each time slot, hit all the listeners.

What do you guys think, 60-second ads for just a little more? For example, a total of six 60-second ads or a total of eight 30-second ads for roughly the same money. Which is better?

empirenine
07-25-2007, 05:52 PM
I like that..

or

paid for by "Save the Constitution"

think we have 10 days once the money is spent to get a PAC

I think we are ready to go very soon....

http://www.libertypac.net/

Their called the "Ron Paul Liberty PAC". Food for thought.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 05:57 PM
http://www.libertypac.net/

Their called the "Ron Paul Liberty PAC". Food for thought.

That's different. It's a "connected PAC" I can't give you all the details, but it's a different kind of PAC. We want to be a "nonconnected PAC."

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 05:57 PM
If you're doing, say 4 ads on WHO, go one in each time slot, hit all the listeners.

What do you guys think, 60-second ads for just a little more? For example, a total of six 60-second ads or a total of eight 30-second ads for roughly the same money. Which is better?

Sixty second ads. We need to say as much as we can about him. :D

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Woman or Man's Voice Over?

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Woman or Man's Voice Over?

Man's voice. I think men would respond better to that...especially conservative men that we need votes from

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Okay everyone... Can we start formulating the script NOW...

Post it here.. A person posted a great ad a few weeks ago that was from "someone else" It was very poignant.. can someon repost that here..

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 06:02 PM
I vote for a man's voice.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 06:08 PM
ok. I am going thru voiceovers now and the men sound good, but this one woman sounds very infectious.. makes me want to listen...... but perhaps we should go with a mans voice.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 06:19 PM
There is only one candidate running for president who . . .

[insert never voted for tax increase, etc.]

Congressman Ron Paul.

When you vote in the Straw Poll on August 11, vote for the candidate who will defend our borders, not Iraq's.

Ron Paul. Restore the Republic.

Paid for by Americans for Liberty or whatever. Not associated with any candidate . . . (whatever language is required).

Just some ideas. With all of us throwing stuff in the pot, something great will come out.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Didn't someone say sometime back that they were working with a copy editor, or something like that, to put this thing together?

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 06:25 PM

Congressman Ron Paul.

When you vote in the Straw Poll on August 11, vote for the candidate who will defend our borders, not Iraq's.

Ron Paul. Restore the Republic.

Paid for by Americans for Liberty or whatever. Not associated with any candidate . . . (whatever language is required).

Just some ideas. With all of us throwing stuff in the pot, something great will come out.

Pretty good script
Anyone know what the main issues are for Iowa?

advice for political ads: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2519/is_7_23/ai_90702311
It's for TV but really applies to radio too

these are winning issues
1.) Ron Paul has never voted for a tax increase in 20 years
2.) Didn't he receive an A+ rating on gun rights?
3.) Protect our borders
4.) Is pro-life big in Iowa?
5.) Honesty. Not 'politics as usual' kind of candidate.

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Also a winning issue: Bring our troops home and save America's heroes from this endless civil war. Bring our troops home to have a strong army to protect America and its borders. Ron Paul will HUNT DOWN OSAMA BIN LADEN!

maybe end with "Are you tired of broken promises?" or "Tired of politics as usual?...Vote Ron Paul"

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Don't forget to throw in the website address.

Congressman Ron Paul. As an ob/gyn, Ron Paul delivered over 4,000 babies. Ron Paul would appoint judges to overturn Roe v Wade.

Ron Paul believes we should have gone after Osama Bin Laden, and that we should not be borrowing money from China to fight a UN war. He believes we should defend OUR borders, not Iraq's.

Google Ron Paul or visit RonPaul2008.com. Cast your vote for Ron Paul in the Straw Poll in Ames August 11.

How much can we fit in 60 seconds?

lovesladyliberty
07-25-2007, 07:03 PM
I think it was on this board that I was reading about the Iowans response to the Call Iowa program. I think that was how I found this board. I was looking for information on what would appeal to voters in Iowa since I had signed up for it. I think it was called Operation Spooner before the HQ took it over or something - I don't know, I didn't even know who Ron Paul was back then.

In that thread people were sharing what had received the strongest response. I think the message said something about pro-life being popular (Personally, I'm pro-choice, but if people who were calling Iowans are getting responses with that, maybe it's worth taking a look at. You have to market to your target audience, I guess.)

Also what received a response was the hypocisy surrounding the whole issue of the troops being in Iraq, supposedly to defend our country, & yet removing our troops from our own border. I think they liked the idea of bringing the troops home and protecting our border.

Also, it was stated they are big into family values. (Personally, the one clincher that sold me on Ron Paul was that he's big into family values. The day I found out he had been married to his wife for 50+ years was the day I became a Ron Paul junkie. That's committment. I thought to myself, Any man who can make a woman happy for 50+ years deserves my vote. Of course, I love everything else about him, but that caused me to fall in-love.) I'm not saying this should necessarily be included but maybe including something on family values would be good. I don't know.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 07:41 PM
bump

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Good. Insert somewhere in there (maybe before delivered over 4,000 babies) that he has been married to the same woman for over 50 years. Good contrast with Benito and the trophy's husband.

Dustancostine
07-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Why not say "There is only one candidate that has been married to the same woman for 50 years".

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Good. Insert somewhere in there (maybe before delivered over 4,000 babies) that he has been married to the same woman for over 50 years. Good contrast with Benito and the trophy's husband.

Maybe even add that he has 5 children and how many grandchildren... 19? Talk about family values.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 08:43 PM
bump

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Why not say "There is only one candidate that has been married to the same woman for 50 years".

Although that's true, people in their minds are going to think you're parsing words, defining what is is. Then they'll deduct credibility points. Besides, it's more syllables taking up precious seconds.

That's okay. Keep the ideas coming. We're throwing everything into the soup for now.

wbbgjr
07-25-2007, 09:02 PM
What's the total amount pledged so far?

Badger Paul
07-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Here's a radio script I've come up with for a 30-second ad:

"There are 18 men and women running for President of the United States"

"Yet only one has never voted to raise his pay."

"Only one believes U.S. troops should guard America's border and not Iraq's"

"Only one belives in letting Iowa farmers grow hemp."

"Only one has been married to the same woman for more than 50 years."

"And only one has delivered 4,000 babies."

"On Aug. 11, please go to Ames and vote for the one, the only Congressman Ron Paul for President."

Paid for by Americans For Ron Paul Campaign Committee, not affiliated with the official Ron Paul for President campaign.

Hope you like it

jnpg
07-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Badger - I like it.
One and only!

I also like the idea of doing 30 second ads- more ads instead of longer- most people don't even hear/listen to ads the first time around.
Just my 2 cents.

MsDoodahs
07-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Are we sure that all of the others have voted at least once to raise their own pay? If we aren't, we probably shouldn't phrase it that way.

Also, are we sure that none of the others believe "U.S. troops should guard America's border and not Iraq's" (and is that really what Ron believes? Immigration isn't a hot button issue for me, so I haven't paid that much attention to what Ron has said on that subject. :o )

berkeleybound
07-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Ok guys: I can only afford to spend another $50 toward helping with Iowa. Would it be more effectively spent on sending out another 100 Mail Iowa letters, or should I pledge it for these radio ads? Lemme know, I'll send in the donation tomorrow morning.

Razmear
07-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Here's a radio script I've come up with for a 30-second ad:

"There are 18 men and women running for President of the United States"

"Yet only one has never voted to raise his pay."

"Only one believes U.S. troops should guard America's border and not Iraq's"

"Only one belives in letting Iowa farmers grow hemp."

"Only one has been married to the same woman for more than 50 years."

"And only one has delivered 4,000 babies."

"On Aug. 11, please go to Ames and vote for the one, the only Congressman Ron Paul for President."

Paid for by Americans For Ron Paul Campaign Committee, not affiliated with the official Ron Paul for President campaign.

Hope you like it

For name recognition purposes, I'd replace each Only one with Ron Paul, to make sure they hear his name.

eb

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-25-2007, 11:22 PM
I think saying "only one" is risky. Do we know that NONE of the other 17 aren't for hemp farming? Gravel or Richardson? That "only one" has been married to the same woman for over 50 years just says that the others are too young. I like the list, but like Raz says, just make it "Ron Paul." And have to include website.

Although you can get more ads at 30 seconds, it's VERY FEW more, say 10 instead of 8. 60-second prime time ad is $375, a 30-second ad same time slot is $300. If we make the beginning of the ad a grabber, they'll listen to the whole thing. Since so few ads will be run, it's not like they're going to tire of hearing it. They'll probably only GET one chance to hear an ad.

Chase
07-25-2007, 11:25 PM
For name recognition purposes, I'd replace each Only one with Ron Paul, to make sure they hear his name.

eb

This is a great point. Name recognition being the biggest issue, the more times we can say 'Ron Paul' in thirty seconds, the better!

Gigaplex
07-25-2007, 11:40 PM
The best radio station to do this on is
105.1 KCCQ

This is an Ames radio station but we listen to it here in Des Moines as well. It's actually my favorite and is really popular, especially with the younger crowd. The younger crowd seems to flock to the campaign more than any other demographic so I really think this station would give you the most bang for the buck.

You couldn't do your standard political message on a station like this. Remember, it is young people. That requires a COMPLETELY different angle.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 11:41 PM
105.1 KCCQ

This is an Ames radio station but we listen to it here in Des Moines as well. It's actually my favorite and is really popular, especially with the younger crowd. The younger crowd seems to flock to the campaign more than any other demographic so I really think this station would give you the most bang for the buck.

You couldn't do your standard political message on a station like this. Remember, it is young people. That requires a COMPLETELY different angle.

Yeah, that might require a seperate ad. Would that demographic be up for a "female" voice giving the announcement?

Gigaplex
07-25-2007, 11:43 PM
I would make the main point to go to the straw poll and vote for Ron. Name recognition will not do anything for us if we don't get the straw poll votes. We can't get up to the level of name recognition that would invalidate results at the straw poll. The straw poll votes are key.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 11:46 PM
105.1 KCCQ

Gigaplex,, does this demographic VOTE! that is all we really care about?

AND what are the concerns of this demographic as opposed to those that are older?

Gigaplex
07-25-2007, 11:54 PM
I would use Ron's voice. Have a few of his best one liners then mention the straw poll in someone else's voice. Male or female would probably not make a significant difference with this crowd.

Of course, using Ron's voice would be more work and I know we are pressed for time. Here are the main issues I'd concentrate on for 105.1 in order of importance to that kind of a crowd

One of 4 republicans to vote against the Iraq war
Against patriot act
Never votes to regulate the internet - highest rating by CNET
The only 100% constitutional congressman
Wants to phase out social security
Never voted to raise taxes

You would definitely want to skip the farm stuff and background info because the young people will not care. Most of the people you would be talking to would live in the city. Des Moines and the cities in that area hold a major portion of the population.

Lord Xar
07-26-2007, 12:03 AM
I would use Ron's voice. Have a few of his best one liners then mention the straw poll in someone else's voice. Male or female would probably not make a significant difference with this crowd.

Of course, using Ron's voice would be more work and I know we are pressed for time. Here are the main issues I'd concentrate on for 105.1 in order of importance to that kind of a crowd

One of 4 republicans to vote against the Iraq war
Against patriot act
Never votes to regulate the internet - highest rating by CNET
The only 100% constitutional congressman
Wants to phase out social security
Never voted to raise taxes

You would definitely want to skip the farm stuff and background info because the young people will not care. Most of the people you would be talking to would live in the city. Des Moines and the cities in that area hold a major portion of the population.

I don't think I will be able to do that... not enough time or resources for that.

I think for the "younger crowd" I will just be a straight shooter....

Also, the younger crowd --- how are they on the Illegal immigration thing?

Shatterhand
07-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Lord Xar,

What are you going to say in the commercial?

Obviously something about the poll. What else?

Lord Xar
07-26-2007, 12:34 AM
Lord Xar,

What are you going to say in the commercial?

Obviously something about the poll. What else?

I don't know yet... too many "different' opinions here... on what is or is not important. I will confer with some online resources.. I want to say alot, but i also want to talk about his honesty, integrity and such... but focus on 3 core issues..

I am debating to add that he wants to end anchor babies and welfare for illegal immigrants, in additon to securing the border..

Of course, low taxes or abolition of the IRS.... champion of the constitution etc.. and that he is not beholden to big business or special interesests... etc..

Razmear
07-26-2007, 12:39 AM
What about 10 second spots, should be able to spread them around more than 30s or 60s.

"Searching for Freedom? Google Ron Paul!

Support Ron Paul at the Ames Straw Poll"

Don't worry about the date of the poll, they know when it is.
Rule one of advertising, Keep It Simple.

eb

Electrostatic
07-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Younger generation...

Bring our troops home NOW! Period!
Dump the WTO NOW, no more corporate agendas in the White House!
Repeal ALL Unconstitutional "Executive Orders"!
Restore the Bill of Rights and the Rule of Law!
Save our economy BEFORE it self destructs!

TexMac
07-26-2007, 12:45 AM
I just sent 50.00. I can probably do more tomorrow.

Delaware
07-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Most of the young people i know, dont really care about politics, they are basically complacent with whats going on.

I'm young (18) and most of the kids i know either dont care about illegal immigration, or are against it but wont do anything to stop it.

Electrostatic
07-26-2007, 01:07 AM
(Bold voice) Attention citizens of Iowa. If you see where this country is headed and it scares you, we have some REAL NEWS for you. If you want to bring our troops home NOW, Dump the WTO, Remove corporate agendas from the White House, Repeal ALL Unconstitutional "Executive Orders", Restore the Bill of Rights and the Rule of Law, and Save our economy BEFORE it self destructs..... The Time to ACT has come. We need you in Aimes to vote for Dr. RON PAUL... The ONLY candidate who will Restore the Republic for the American People and give us a future we can make our own.
RON PAUL 2008... "The Revolution is Now!"

That message to a "young crowd" should have the following effect.... 1/3 of the listeners will tune out imediately... Those are the ones who will not be voting anyway. 1/3 of the listeners will be mildly annoyed as they are drinking the neocon/progressive everythings OK in general, we just need to tweek a few things, Kool-Aid. The last third will cry tears of joy when the here that "IT" is finally happening. There are millions of people in this country who knew this day was coming and have been praying for it... We need to get them on our side first.

Electrostatic
07-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Most of the young people i know, dont really care about politics, they are basically complacent with whats going on.

I'm young (18) and most of the kids i know either dont care about illegal immigration, or are against it but wont do anything to stop it.

Wow.. That's a bit different than out here.. Kinda scary.

Gee
07-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Xar,

I'd prefer to donate after I've heard the commercial(s). No offense meant, but I don't know you, and I want my money to go as far as it can.

Maybe we should ask campaign HQ, or someone capable of really making a professional commercial, for a few we could play all around the country?

Lord Xar
07-26-2007, 01:44 AM
Xar,

I'd prefer to donate after I've heard the commercial(s). No offense meant, but I don't know you, and I want my money to go as far as it can.

Maybe we should ask campaign HQ, or someone capable of really making a professional commercial, for a few we could play all around the country?

naw.. this is seperate from the campaign.. and it should stay that way for political and lawful reasons. We need to be seperate.

Lord Xar
07-26-2007, 01:45 AM
(Bold voice) Attention citizens of Iowa. If you see where this country is headed and it scares you, we have some REAL NEWS for you. If you want to bring our troops home NOW, Dump the WTO, Remove corporate agendas from the White House, Repeal ALL Unconstitutional "Executive Orders", Restore the Bill of Rights and the Rule of Law, and Save our economy BEFORE it self destructs..... The Time to ACT has come. We need you in Aimes to vote for Dr. RON PAUL... The ONLY candidate who will Restore the Republic for the American People and give us a future we can make our own.

That message to a "young crowd" should have the following effect.... 1/3 of the listeners will tune out imediately... Those are the ones who will not be voting anyway. 1/3 of the listeners will be mildly annoyed as they are drinking the neocon/progressive everythings OK in general, we just need to tweek a few things, Kool-Aid. The last third will cry tears of joy when the here that "IT" is finally happening. There are millions of people in this country who knew this day was coming and have been praying for it... We need to get them on our side first.

What would you suggest for Older people...

I also want to use a womans' voice on one ad.. what do you think..

Your speech doesn't say anyting about more money in their pockets (abolish the IRS), and securing the borders..etc..

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 01:48 AM

When dealing with sales (which is what this is) you have to get to the point. Dr. Paul's name needs to be at the beginning of the message and all through out it in some form or fashion.

Something like this (it is off the top of my head so is very Rough)

Tired of the Iraq War?
Ron Paul is the only Republican candidate that voted against the Iraq War.
Tired of American soldiers dying?
Ron Paul will bring them home to their families.
Tired of paying almost 50% of your money in taxes?
Ron Paul wants to abolish the IRS so that you can keep your money.
Tired of the government interfering in your personal life?
Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act that authorized domestic spying.
Tired of Illegal Immigrants?
Ron Paul wants to protect the border and stop birth right citizenship for illegal aliens.
If you are sick and tired of this government, vote for Ron Paul in the Ames Straw poll on Aug 11th.
Go to www.RonPaul2008.com or call 1-800-Ron-Paul for more information.
Thats www.RonPaul2008.com or 1-800-Ron-Paul
Restore the United States of America
paid for by .........

This is to the point and mentions his name 10 times.

-Dustan

Electrostatic
07-26-2007, 01:50 AM
Ya, I only got his name in there twice.. More would be better... I think Dustan's would be very good for the older generation.

Shatterhand
07-26-2007, 01:51 AM
It is a most vexing question: what to put into a 30-second commercial?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 01:54 AM
It is a most vexing question: what to put into a 30-second commercial?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

That is why there are people that get paid major bucks to do this kind of stuff.

But what ever Xar goes with will be a million times better than nothing, so he can't lose.

Electrostatic
07-26-2007, 01:59 AM
If it was mike gravel it would prolly be 25 seconds of dead air followed by "This Peace and Quiet Brought to you by Mike Gavel for President." :p

Mike Gravel... Rock -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rZdAB4V_j8

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 02:02 AM
Lol :)

Shatterhand
07-26-2007, 02:07 AM
I like all the ideas presented so far.

Maybe Lord Xar should just go for broke:

"There is a freedom revolution sweeping across America. Have you seen the signs and banners? Ron Paul for president, they say. Ron Paul for president. If you want to safe-guard individual liberty and make government responsive to the citizens then join the Ron Paul revolution. Come to Ames and vote in the Straw Poll for Dr. Ron Paul. Ron Paul needs you. Cherish freedom."

Delaware
07-26-2007, 02:10 AM
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Iowans

Are you tired of the way our country is run?
Do you think our country is headed in the wrong direction?

Then Vote for Ron Paul at the AMES Straw Poll...

He's never voted to raise taxes
He's never voted to raise congressional pay
He voted against the Patriot Act
He Voted against the Iraq War
and he stands firmly against Illegal Immigration.

Dr. Paul is a 10 term congressman from the 14th(?) district in Texas, He's also an OB/GYN who has delivered over 4000 babies, and he served as a Flight Surgeon in the US Air Force.

If your looking for small government, and a man with firm principles, then Dr. Paul is your man.

Vote Ron Paul at the AMES Straw Poll

Paid for by XXXX and individuals from ronpaulforums.com

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 04:12 AM
I thought this might provide some ideas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgF-s1voM_Y

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 08:46 AM

RADIO AD DONATIONS

Listen, this is a tight push. Please specify IN your 'subject" via paypal: radio ad.

We need to up the ante fast on this. Post this thread in other places - ie. meetups and such. Its important.

KJJY-FM 92.5 - Country
KHKI-FM 97.3 - Country
KWQW-FM 98.3 - Talk
WHO 1040 - News Radio **

IF the newspaper ad does not pan up (lack of donations), I will contact those people and roll those monies into this (including my $300 in addition to the $200 here)...!!!!!

Make this a sticky. I will fax the mod my drivers license for verification of "who I am".

Okay, I just donated $100 to this effort.

Let's take on Goliath, folks! Let's make the pretenders eat dirt!

berkeleybound
07-26-2007, 09:12 AM
When dealing with sales (which is what this is) you have to get to the point. Dr. Paul's name needs to be at the beginning of the message and all through out it in some form or fashion.

Something like this (it is off the top of my head so is very Rough)

Tired of the Iraq War?
Ron Paul is the only Republican candidate that voted against the Iraq War.
Tired of American soldiers dying?
Ron Paul will bring them home to their families.
Tired of paying almost 50% of your money in taxes?
Ron Paul wants to abolish the IRS so that you can keep your money.
Tired of the government interfering in your personal life?
Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act that authorized domestic spying.
Tired of Illegal Immigrants?
Ron Paul wants to protect the border and stop birth right citizenship for illegal aliens.
If you are sick and tired of this government, vote for Ron Paul in the Ames Straw poll on Aug 11th.
Go to www.RonPaul2008.com or call 1-800-Ron-Paul for more information.
Thats www.RonPaul2008.com or 1-800-Ron-Paul
Restore the United States of America
paid for by .........

This is to the point and mentions his name 10 times.

-Dustan

Great. I think repetition is key. Just keep saying Ron Paul.

berkeleybound
07-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Just sent my $50.00 I promised.

Badger Paul
07-26-2007, 09:55 AM
I've sent $35 for the radio ads. Spend it well. I'll spread the word on Yahoo.com as well.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Everyone, please take it upon yourselves to spread the word to your OWN Meetup groups about this fundraising effort.

Note: Unless someone is aware of a way to blast it to all of the Meetup groups at once, without naming each one individually.

BLS
07-26-2007, 10:04 AM
My opinion is that those who are running this ultimately have to decide.

To the poster that mentioned allowing Iowan Farmers to grow hemp, can I suggest you state 'growing INDUSTRIAL hemp"?

Also, someone should mention RP wants to hunt down Bin Laden and eliminate Al Quida? Some people see him as being soft on terrorism because he's against the Iraq war.

thoughts??

james1844
07-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Guys,

I'm tapped out, but wanted to add a word of encouragement. Keep going on this. If we pull together, RP can do well in Iowa.

Best,

James

aunt_shoes
07-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I've made lots of calls to Iowans and the only issue they've asked me about is illegal immigration. Also, a lot of them don't have internet. Middle aged women seem the least interested and the older people that are interested in Ron Paul say they won't be going to the straw poll. Thus, I think our target audience should be younger or male.

MsDoodahs
07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Okay, I just donated $100 to this effort.

Let's take on Goliath, folks! Let's make the pretenders eat dirt!

EXCELLENT!

Lord X, I sent you money yesterday and I did not specify where to use it.

I trust you to decide.

:)

angelatc
07-26-2007, 10:29 AM
I gave. I don't usually like to disclose anything about my finances, but I only donated because I saw lots and lots of names that I respect on this list. I figure if they had not put it out there, then I would not have donated.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Skip the hemp. You don't have time to explain it in the ad. The little old church ladies are going to think you want to pass out doobies to gradeschoolers.

Put the hemp in a direct mail piece to farmers, where you have a page or two to explain it.

camnc79
07-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey everyone!

Quick chime in. There is good reason that 60 second ads are only a tad more expensive than 30 second ads - EFFECTIVENESS.

30 second ads are more effective for many reasons. The primary reason for this purpose is attention span. Listen to talk radio today and tonight. Listen to the ads casually. Do you get more out of the short ads or the long ones? The average attention span is so short that after the 30 second mark, we tend to phase out of what we're doing.

You can run a couple more - reach a few more people - and be as effective than using a 60 second ad.

Make it short, powerful, and to the point - instead of "story booking" it for 60 seconds.

I'll donate $30 to the effort. Many thanks to everyone's grassroots efforts.

Cameron

angelatc
07-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Hey everyone!

Quick chime in. There is good reason that 60 second ads are only a tad more expensive than 30 second ads - EFFECTIVENESS.

30 second ads are more effective for many reasons. The primary reason for this purpose is attention span. Listen to talk radio today and tonight. Listen to the ads casually. Do you get more out of the short ads or the long ones? The average attention span is so short that after that 30 second mark, we tend to phase out of what we're doing.

I totally agree with this. 60 seconds is too long for a radio commercial.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Skip the hemp. You don't have time to explain it in the ad. The little old church ladies are going to think you want to pass out doobies to gradeschoolers.

Put the hemp in a direct mail piece to farmers, where you have a page or two to explain it.

Agreed. Skip the hemp. This is an issue that could backfire on us badly, if we attempt to cover this in a commercial.

BLS
07-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Agreed. Skip the hemp. This is an issue that could backfire on us badly, if we attempt to cover this in a commercial.

Yeah, I didn't think it was a good idea either.
While it could appeal to many farmers, alot of people would construe it as legalizing the Jane, and that wouldn't fly with alot of Iowans.

Trust me......

empirenine
07-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Is there a running total for this fund?

Johnnybags
07-26-2007, 10:45 AM
And did you know Ron Paul wants to end the inflation tax, the tax politicians use to lower your standard of living!!!!

Dave
07-26-2007, 10:45 AM
Iowa farmers have invested a lot in equipment for farming corn and soybeans so most have no interest in a new crop so I don't think the hemp thing gets us anywhere right now. Besides, corn and soybeans are near record highs right now so Iowa farmers are in the clover right now and not anxious at all to switch crops.

BLS
07-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Iowa farmers have invested a lot in equipment for farming corn and soybeans so most have no interest in a new crop so I don't think the hemp thing gets us anywhere right now. Besides, corn and soybeans are near record highs right now so Iowa farmers are in the clover right now and not anxious at all to switch crops.

Good info.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I didn't think it was a good idea either.
While it could appeal to many farmers, alot of people would construe it as legalizing the Jane, and that wouldn't fly with alot of Iowans.

Trust me......

I trust you.

This does however raise the potential for a targeted advertising campaign towards farmers. I am quite sure there are mailing lists available from some state Ag group. Since this is such a touchy issue and the copy must be worded perfectly, it's my opinion that we should leave this subject for HQ to handle.

Shatterhand
07-26-2007, 10:52 AM
What is the best way to target the younger people and the students? How do you get their attention? I bet a lot of them would turn out to the Straw Poll if you found a way to get them the freedom message.

:confused: :) :D

BLS
07-26-2007, 10:56 AM
What is the best way to target the younger people and the students? How do you get their attention? I bet a lot of them would turn out to the Straw Poll if you found a way to get them the freedom message.

:confused: :) :D

Free joints rolled in Ron Paul brand papers??

(I know...bad joke)

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Free joints rolled in Ron Paul brand papers??

(I know...bad joke)

Great idea! Candy doobies to hand out to the kiddies at the straw poll! Hey, they had candy cigarettes when I was the kid. What's the dif?:D

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 11:04 AM
I know this is a little off topic. But we could print up "invoices" from the Federal Government and go around handing them to young people to show them how much they "owe" toward the national debt. It can include Ron Paul messages at the bottom.

MsDoodahs
07-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Dust, that's a GREAT IDEA!

Hey, Lord Xar, check out the stuff on RP's opposition to SarbOx legislation that is hitting small businesses HARD HARD HARD. That might be something to mention in one of the spots.

See thread here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9128

Also, RP's opposition to the FDA's effort to get control power over the vitamin/herb arena, too.

Shatterhand
07-26-2007, 11:10 AM
What about mentioning that Ron Paul got the most military donations in Q2?

Lord Xar
07-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Well, a 30 second ad is really gonna crimp things a bit in terms of what to say..

a 60 second is better, but people feel that 60 seconds is too long..

so, we have a little issue....

I want to focus on the issues at home... troops, illegal immigration, liberty and touch on one or two additional things as a small measure..

what is that issue with the small business owners???? Paste it here.

ALSO, about 3 - 4 weeks a man posted a RADIO AD verbage.... he was saying the campaign should use it.. I remember it being very good... that might be an options.

does anybody else remember that? THe guy that posted it got it from a semi-known politiians or campaign strategist somewhere???

We are doing well in terms of monies. I don't want to post an amount yet...

WHAT CAN ANYBODY TELL ME ABOUT THE BOONE TOWN REPUBLICAN NEWSPAPER?

I do not beleive we have enough to hit the AMES tribute, but we can pick off some smaller publications????

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
I want to focus on the issues at home... troops, illegal immigration, liberty and touch on one or two additional things as a small measure..

what is that issue with the small business owners???? Paste it here.

As a small business owner it is TAXES!!!!!!!!

DeadheadForPaul
07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
"Lower taxes for small businesses and the middle class"

MsDoodahs
07-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Lord X, the small business issue...Contact Jennifer Reynolds from the post I linked to above for better details, it appears she is a small business owner and therefore very much familiar with this awful legislation...

The best I can do is...

A few years ago, legislation was passed in response to Enron et al, the sponsors were Sarbannes and Oxley, so the legislation is now called "SarbOx" by the masses. It requires all kinds of extra expense on small businesses (as I understand it, the expense is born by the small business owners - so it isn't a tax per se). It is hurting the engine that drives the country (small business). It is my understanding that it is pretty much universally hated by those who OWN small businesses (confirm that please some of you small business owners who have to deal with it!).

Therefore, I think mentioning that Dr. Paul is opposed to SarbOx and understands the negative impact it has on small business would be good in the ad.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Ron Paul wants to abolish the IRS, let you keep the fruits of your own labor, and free small business from the regulations that restrain the free market.

Or something like that. He's already addressing taxes, so the next big issue (if not even bigger than taxes) is regulation.

MsDoodahs
07-26-2007, 11:55 AM
I like the idea of mentioning the troops donating more to RP in Q2 than to other candidates, and I like ALOT the way Scribbler worded that thing for small business to include tax reductions AND regulation reduction. That's good.

Johnnybags
07-26-2007, 11:57 AM
and stopping the inflation tax rather than abolishing the IRS, people have no clue how the IRS operates, they think it pays for our military and such.

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Also it depends on what you are calling small business. The Sarbox issues only affect corporations listed on the stock exchange. To even get listed on the stock exchange you have to be doing millions in dollars in business. So the average small business owner will probably never had heard of it (gas station owners, lawyers, farmers, et al)

MsDoodahs
07-26-2007, 12:54 PM
and stopping the inflation tax rather than abolishing the IRS, people have no clue how the IRS operates, they think it pays for our military and such.

Yes, that's good. :)

Chase
07-26-2007, 01:26 PM
How is the funding for this project going?

I realize there is some difficulty in trying to condense everything into one 30 second ad. And there are good reasons not to use a 60 second ad.

So why not make multiple 30 second ads, and run one of each on each target station? That way, people don't automatically tune out if they hear the ad again (since they will notice it saying something else), and you get more time to spend on each issue.

Lord Xar
07-26-2007, 02:11 PM
How is the funding for this project going?

I realize there is some difficulty in trying to condense everything into one 30 second ad. And there are good reasons not to use a 60 second ad.

So why not make multiple 30 second ads, and run one of each on each target station? That way, people don't automatically tune out if they hear the ad again (since they will notice it saying something else), and you get more time to spend on each issue.

ok.. I have been notably listening to the radio and MOST ads are 60 seconds... So, I am not sure how effective 30 seconds will be.. especially if his message is not as "poignant"....

The reason for not doing multiple ads is because of cost... people charge to make ads... if I have to pay someone, I have to pay numerous times for different 'ad spots'...

Think like this... we are in a battle...

we have minimal forces
1. do we divide the forces and attack the whole at a different angle?
2. do we concentrate our forces on the weakest part of the whole?

Lets look at it this way...

1. What is most effective getting Ron Pauls name out there, a 30 or 60 second ad?

2. If the ad is a good one, will 60 seconds keep their interest over a 30 second?

3. Does it make more financial sense to get double the time 60/30 for only 50% more in price?

4. Should we do the 60 second ads in primary markets, and 30 seconds in secondary?

5. Is a female voice better with a 30 second and using a man for 60 seconds?

alot of people have good ideas, but today we need to FORMULATE THE FOLLOWING.

1. Determine a time 30 or 60.
a. Can someone do some research online and find what is best.

2. Determine if a female or male voice will be more effective.

3. Hit a primary market fullforce?
a. Hit primary moderately, and secondary markets minimally?
b. Hit primary fullforce

ALSO, I have gotten enough money to put out a NewsPaper ad, but I will have to reduce the "number of papers".

In other words, the monies are now 1/3 newspaper, 2/3 radio... Keep that in mind.

I don't want to give amount of monies yet as I want to encourage more donations..

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 03:14 PM
I say 60 seconds. The money to go from 30 to 60 is almost insignificant. The last 5-10 seconds will be the disclaimer, so who cares if anyone is listening then. But we'd have 50 seconds to say more than just Ron Paul's name and please come vote in the straw poll. We need to pitch several of his stances. People need to hear MORE than his name.

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 03:34 PM
I will send Xar $100 if I can get a matching donation...

4 people at $25
or
2 at $50
or
1 at $100

camnc79
07-26-2007, 03:41 PM
ok.. I have been notably listening to the radio and MOST ads are 60 seconds... So, I am not sure how effective 30 seconds will be.. especially if his message is not as "poignant"....

The reason for not doing multiple ads is because of cost... people charge to make ads... if I have to pay someone, I have to pay numerous times for different 'ad spots'...

I would say you want the SAME ad running as many times (30 seconds) as you can. There is no reason to get in depth on issues with any ads. You want to tease the voter to want more information. Take the example below. Tons of issues that would benefit from about 10-15 30 second runs.

Try to get a male AND female voice. Alternate between issues. Also, consider patriotic music in the background. People tend to tune out or zone out on ads that are a lot of talk...

If someone misses something, they are invited to GOOGLE or visit the campaign site.

Ron Paul, candidate for President. The Taxpayers Best Friend.

Ron Paul has never voted for a tax increase.

Ron Paul has introduced legislation that would end the IRS.

Ron Paul has raised more money from our brave men and women in uniform than any other country and supports true national defense.

Google "Ron Paul" or visit ronpaul2008.com

Paid for by >>>><<<<<

camnc79
07-26-2007, 03:43 PM
I say 60 seconds. The money to go from 30 to 60 is almost insignificant. The last 5-10 seconds will be the disclaimer, so who cares if anyone is listening then. But we'd have 50 seconds to say more than just Ron Paul's name and please come vote in the straw poll. We need to pitch several of his stances. People need to hear MORE than his name.

If people are truly interested in his campaign, they will come to the straw poll. I agree that the straw poll is important, but name recognition is the first step - with some issue substance to boot.

The enthusiasm is great. I just want to make sure that we are getting our eggs properly placed the basket. :)

Cameron

CodeMonkey
07-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I would say you want the SAME ad running as many times (30 seconds) as you can. There is no reason to get in depth on issues with any ads. You want to tease the voter to want more information. Take the example below. Tons of issues that would benefit from about 10-15 30 second runs.

Try to get a male AND female voice. Alternate between issues. Also, consider patriotic music in the background. People tend to tune out or zone out on ads that are a lot of talk...

If someone misses something, they are invited to GOOGLE or visit the campaign site.

Ron Paul has raised more money from our brave men and women in uniform than any other country and supports true national defense.

Paid for by >>>><<<<<

Except don't say "Google Ron Paul", because the term "Google" is a trademark and I believe they have brought suit against people using it in a similar manner before.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Is everyone letting their own Meetup groups know about this fund-raising effort for newspaper and radio ads for Iowa? If not, please do so now.

Here are the links they need to know about.

Newspaper ad:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=8882

Radio ads:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9034

camnc79
07-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Except don't say "Google Ron Paul", because the term "Google" is a trademark and I believe they have brought suit against people using it in a similar manner before.

Maybe substitute that line with:

Visit ronpaul2008.com

See you in Ames August 11th.

Paid for....

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 03:49 PM

Paid for by >>>><<<<<

I don't think they can sue you for saying it as a verb. It would seem that there is a difference between the Company Google and the verb google.

Mani
07-26-2007, 03:50 PM
I will send Xar $100 if I can get a matching donation...

4 people at $25
or
2 at $50
or
1 at $100

I'm in at $25, what paypal address? Also, how much has been raised?

Few thoughts: I was leaning towards 30 seconds because 60 seconds you can suffer from tune out, HOWEVER, it is MORE ECONOMICAL, so go with 60. In order to avoid tune out issues, SPLIT THE VOICES BETWEEN MALE AND FEMALE halfway.

That changes up the message 30 seconds in. The male can hit 1-2 points, the female voice hit's one last final point (or whatever combination).

I agree hemp is out, although I do think TAXES should be a big deal. Don't Iowans pay higher taxes than most? Ron Paul being the "Taxpayers best friend" is a great TITLE. Does any other candidate have that title??? Something about him, "earning the taxpayers best friend title, multiple times in a row, out of X number of members in congress, something NO OTHER member of congress has accomplished."

We need to show how rare it is to get the accolades he does for his work on voting against taxes. Make them realize his stance against taxes is quite unique in congress.

Also if there's time the inflation tax, but not sure if that can be covered in a short time.

Taxes is about people's wallet, so it's more of a direct hit, I think when you talk about hitting your pocketbook it's always a big deal, but especially for middle class America.

Lord Xar
07-26-2007, 03:53 PM

Few thoughts: I was leaning towards 30 seconds because 60 seconds you can suffer from tune out, HOWEVER, it is MORE ECONOMICAL, so go with 60. In order to avoid tune out issues, SPLIT THE VOICES BETWEEN MALE AND FEMALE halfway.

That changes up the message 30 seconds in. The male can hit 1-2 points, the female voice hit's one last final point (or whatever combination).

I agree hemp is out, although I do think TAXES should be a big deal. Don't Iowans pay higher taxes than most? Ron Paul being the "Taxpayers best friend" is a great TITLE. Does any other candidate have that title??? Something about him, "earning the taxpayers best friend title, multiple times in a row, out of X number of members in congress, something NO OTHER member of congress has accomplished."

We need to show how rare it is to get the accolades he does for his work on voting against taxes. Make them realize his stance against taxes is quite unique in congress.

Also if there's time the inflation tax, but not sure if that can be covered in a short time.

Taxes is about people's wallet, so it's more of a direct hit, I think when you talk about hitting your pocketbook it's always a big deal, but especially for middle class America.

ronpaul4america@yahoo.com

Mani
07-26-2007, 03:54 PM

Paid for by >>>><<<<<

LOL. I was trying to post the same thing for 10 minutes but was getting an error.

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 03:55 PM

The email address is RONPAUL4AMERICA@YAHOO.COM

Thats $25,

$75 more and I put in $100.

-Dustan

Mani
07-26-2007, 03:57 PM
ronpaul4america@yahoo.com

DONE!

camnc79
07-26-2007, 03:57 PM
LOL. I was trying to post the same thing for 10 minutes but was getting an error.

LOL. Grea.....err...GOOD minds think alike :)

I still lean towards 30 second ads....I think a high pitch, high energy 30 second ad will capture attention and if we raise enough to run 10 spots...that means three or four more spots than the 60.

My fear with 60 is that we will try to naturally put too much butter in the pan (too much info) and it will die out and merge with others.

Car dealers usually do 15-30...and while I hate them, they are memorable...same with many others.

Geico tv and radio spots are always 30 or under.

I guess the point I'm formulating now is that if we make it high pitch and memorable, the effect will be multiplied!

Cameron

Lord Xar
07-26-2007, 04:00 PM

I still lean towards 30 second ads....I think a high pitch, high energy 30 second ad will capture attention and if we raise enough to run 10 spots...that means three or four more spots than the 60.

My fear with 60 is that we will try to naturally put too much butter in the pan (too much info) and it will die out and merge with others.

Car dealers usually do 15-30...and while I hate them, they are memorable...same with many others.

I guess the point I'm formulating now is that if we make it high pitch and memorable, the effect will be multiplied!

Cameron

I will talk with the voice over person.. and see what they say..

also, IF somenoe hasn't heard of ron paul I am afraid that just menitoning his name and something else will not be enough to motivate them to get interested in actually voting.. you know what I mean?

I hope that someone would do some research on this online.. arghhh.. I can't do everything :-)

Mani
07-26-2007, 04:03 PM

Cameron

True. I would normally go for the shorter ad because our attention span as a society is only like 15 seconds or something like that (I recall doing market research years ago in college and at that time it was like 15-30 seconds).

But I also understand our financial constraints, that's why I'm hoping a mixed voice is almost like two 30 second adds back to back which is cheaper than 2 separate 30 second ads.

camnc79
07-26-2007, 04:03 PM
I will talk with the voice over person.. and see what they say..

also, IF somenoe hasn't heard of ron paul I am afraid that just menitoning his name and something else will not be enough to motivate them to get interested in actually voting.. you know what I mean?

I hope that someone would do some research on this online.. arghhh.. I can't do everything :-)

Ah! That's the fatal flaw. You can't do everything - and ya shouldn't. :) We have to rely on the voter to do some homework. If we did it all for them, we would be spending 10x more money in education ads.

We need to focus on the differentiators (i.e. military support, income tax, taxpayer's best friend) and rely on that to get the attention.

Then we rely with great confidence that this will tune them into the web for more information.

We can focus on non-web users through the mail Iowa and call Iowa programs set forth by the campaign.

Lord Xar
07-26-2007, 04:04 PM
True. I would normally go for the shorter ad because our attention span as a society is only like 15 seconds or something like that (I recall doing market research years ago in college and at that time it was like 15-30 seconds).

But I also understand our financial constraints, that's why I'm hoping a mixed voice is almost like two 30 second adds back to back which is cheaper than 2 separate 30 second ads.

I don't think a mixed use is possible.. that would take coordination on two voice-over parts and I don't see that happening..

camnc79
07-26-2007, 04:05 PM

The 60 could work...if we did the GEICO thing...and split it up so well that it seems like we're doing two different ads that follow each other.

Tune down the first 30 seconds...then change the tone for the second 30 seconds.

I could go for that....and I'm a stickler for 30-second spots. My four campaigns showed more ROI with 30...but...given time constraints and the idea that we need to get the message out...I'm amendable if it's done well.

Cameron

camnc79
07-26-2007, 04:06 PM
I don't think a mixed use is possible.. that would take coordination on two voice-over parts and I don't see that happening..

Do we need to help with getting the voices done? It shouldn't be TOO difficult to get it all together for a male/female.

If so - What about two males? Two females? Just two different voices.

A good quality ad - to edit and put together - should take about 3 hours of studio time.

aunt_shoes
07-26-2007, 04:22 PM
I vote for a male voice. How about a 60 second ad that the first 30 seconds would also work fine alone. Obviously it depends on how many spots we can afford - but if in the same hour someone could hear the 60 second first and then the 30 second later as reinforcement.

People with subtle hearing problems tend to lose the high pitches first. Successful radio voices tend to be male for a reason.

CodeMonkey
07-26-2007, 04:23 PM
I don't think they can sue you for saying it as a verb. It would seem that there is a difference between the Company Google and the verb google.

I believe they can and have done so. The trademark laws are such that if you don't defend the trademark's usage in the public, it can be proven in court to be part of the common language and no longer your private property... then competitors could say "Use AAASearch.com to google blah blah blah..."

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Mani gave $25, $75 more and I will donate $100

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-26-2007, 04:29 PM
I've got it. I was sitting here thinking we need a gimick. Because everything above is exactly what all the Republicans say. Lower taxes, blah blah blah. So why is Ron Paul different? Because he means it. But how do we prove it?

We do an ad about the Reagan Medal of Honor. It's already a YouTube vid somewhere. Who wants to transcribe it so we can pick it over?

Should we start a separate thread for script ideas?

wbbgjr
07-26-2007, 04:32 PM
I believe they can and have done so. The trademark laws are such that if you don't defend the trademark's usage in the public, it can be proven in court to be part of the common language and no longer your private property... then competitors could say "Use AAASearch.com to google blah blah blah..."

we're not profitting off the googling so I don't see how this can be a lawsuit. what kind of damages can they seek? they are getting revenue from users that we direct to google.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-26-2007, 04:32 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/323

"It is very easy to be generous with other people's money . . ."

Badger Paul
07-26-2007, 04:35 PM
My vote would be a 60 second ad in a primary market like Ames or Des Moines and then 30 second spots in smaller markets. The 30 second AD should be to the point: Ron Paul is the Taxpayers Best Friend. Ron Paul pledges to end the war in Iraq. Ron Paul will protect our freedoms. Hit those three points. The 60 second Ad should be biographical. Mention his family, 4,000 babies delievered, U.S. Air Force Pilot. Character. I would use male voices for both.

I'll take a crack at wirting ad scripts for both.

If we're going to run a newspaper ad, focus on small town dailies. They'll be cheaper but have more circulation than weekley papers.

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 04:40 PM
I've got it. I was sitting here thinking we need a gimick. Because everything above is exactly what all the Republicans say. Lower taxes, blah blah blah. So why is Ron Paul different? Because he means it. But how do we prove it?

We do an ad about the Reagan Medal of Honor. It's already a YouTube vid somewhere. Who wants to transcribe it so we can pick it over?

Should we start a separate thread for script ideas?

YES

sylvania
07-26-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm just throwing out another idea about how to make this original. I am across the following somewhere and now I have it at the bottom of my e-mail signature.

I have done a lot of firsts since I learned about Ron Paul

1-For the first time ever, I donated money to a politician

2-For the first time ever, I demonstrated in support of a politcal issue.

3-For the first time ever, I actually got involved in the grass roots effort

4-For the first time ever, I actually believe a politician

5-For the first time ever, I will vote in the primaries

6-For the first time ever, I actually bring up politics, just so that I can tell more people about RP.

7-For the first time ever, I've spent my free time looking for new appearances by the politician online

8-For the first time ever, I feel good about my vote

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 04:48 PM
I went ahead and sent my $100 to Xar:

You have sent $100.00 USD to RONPAUL4AMERICA@YAHOO.COM. An email has been sent to the recipient.

nayjevin
07-26-2007, 05:57 PM
please include audio of the ron paul quote:

"we need a strong president -- strong enough to resist the temptation to use powers he shouldn't have" or whatever it was

i think this is a VERY powerful statement right now

acstichter
07-26-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm sorry, there's 19 pages to sift through!

What is the status of this project and is money still desired?

And what is the procedure for doing so?

THX!

Lord Xar
07-26-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm sorry, there's 19 pages to sift through!

What is the status of this project and is money still desired?

And what is the procedure for doing so?

THX!

yes, money is still needed... the progress is good.

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Be Sure and let people know where to send the money Xar.

Lord Xar
07-26-2007, 06:40 PM

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 07:01 PM
The Paypal is:

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 10:09 PM
bump

deedles
07-26-2007, 10:17 PM
I just sent 50.00 for the radio ads:) . What is the total up to now?

LibertyEagle
07-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Don't know. Lord Xar has the total and it looks like he's off for the rest of the night.

Thanks for helping out though.

Dustancostine
07-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Bump

Josh could we sticky the Newspaper and Radio ad threads, or maybe get a new one combining the two that we can sticky?

Ironslave
07-26-2007, 11:13 PM
There's so much to mention, but if I could stress a few things

Stay away from anything that could potentially turn people off immediately!! (hemp, abortion, gun control). Theres a ton of people who disagree with Ron in these areas (ie, they support a woman's right to choose, gun control because of events like VA Tech, Columbine) however they still support him because of his overall message, on "bigger issues."

Obviously, the bigger issues are he is the only republican against the war in Iraq, his reputation as "taxpayers best friend", and his protecting our boarders, not Iraq's. It might be nice to mention that as the only medical doctor in the running, Dr. Paul knows about the problems with our health care system more than anyone (no need to mention his position here, just mentioning this should spark interest.)

acstichter
07-27-2007, 12:46 AM
OK,
I just sent $50. Lets hope to turn 1% into 10%!!!

deedles
07-27-2007, 06:18 AM
Just an aside... I emailed Justine at the National Campaign and asked if they were doing any radio and newspaper ads... she wrote me back last night and said, yes, they were doing that right now.

I'm a meetup organizer and during one conference call with HQ, it was asked about grassroots doing this type of thing... HQ said they'd rather do the buys since they can control the quality of the ads.

Maybe whomever is doing this could email Justine and ask her if HQ have any suggestions for content.

My 2cents.

LibertyEagle
07-27-2007, 06:28 AM
Just an aside... I emailed Justine at the National Campaign and asked if they were doing any radio and newspaper ads... she wrote me back last night and said, yes, they were doing that right now.

I'm a meetup organizer and during one conference call with HQ, it was asked about grassroots doing this type of thing... HQ said they'd rather do the buys since they can control the quality of the ads.

Maybe whomever is doing this could email Justine and ask her if HQ have any suggestions for content.

My 2cents.

The only problem with doing that is if we involve them, then it's my understanding that the FEC rules kick in and they will have to report the dollars collected for this effort as campaign contributions. Is that your understanding?

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-27-2007, 06:44 AM
WE (Xar) need to do these ads regardless. We know how HQ works. (Mot saying anything bad -- they're just understaffed and need this grassroots campaign to do the yeoman's work.) However, assuming they will be doing a general info ad with positions and bio stuff, maybe we should just do the Reagan Medal of Honor ad.

LibertyEagle
07-27-2007, 06:53 AM
Scribbler, take a look at Foo's idea and see what you think.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9288

Note: I hope we run the Reagan medal ad, regardless of what else we do.

deedles
07-27-2007, 06:58 AM
I didn't know that about the FEC rule. I wasn't saying we shouldn't do it, I've already donated towards it. I think it's a great idea...

goldenequity
07-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Foo's idea
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9288 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9288)

I like it alot...

with a hard hitting ad like that and so few words to make the point....

it leaves ALOT of "field" (blank area) in a half or quarter page ad.....

surrounding a single thought with 75% field is THE most effective ad tool

in visual media...bar none (well maybe except for subliminal sex:cool: )

LibertyEagle
07-27-2007, 08:10 AM
bump

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Foo's idea
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9288 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9288)

I like it alot...

with a hard hitting ad like that and so few words to make the point....

it leaves ALOT of "field" (blank area) in a half or quarter page ad.....

surrounding a single thought with 75% field is THE most effective ad tool

in visual media...bar none (well maybe except for subliminal sex:cool: )

I used "part" of his quote, I took out the reference to money, but used it as a "footer" to the ad..

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Bump

Shatterhand
07-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Lord Xar,

Would you use that idea about paying $35 to stop the Iraq War in a radio add or in the newspaper?

wbbgjr
07-27-2007, 12:32 PM
I'll contribute $50. It's great how people are contributing amounts like $200. However, what we really need is everyone to contribute at least a little that way the burden isn't on just a few individuals.

RP08
07-27-2007, 12:42 PM
I'll contribute $50. It's great how people are contributing amounts like $200. However, what we really need is everyone to contribute at least a little that way the burden isn't on just a few individuals.

I agree that we need more "little" contributions from those that can, for the Ron Paul cause. But some folks have the financial means to pitch in more than others, and absolutely every bit from every person is greatly appreciated by us all!

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 01:15 PM
Lord Xar,

Would you use that idea about paying $35 to stop the Iraq War in a radio add or in the newspaper?

hmmm.. not sure about the radio ad, cause it sorta sounds cheapish..

in the newspaper I put the line, but omitted the money aspect... does that make sense?

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 02:03 PM
.l

Dustancostine
07-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Lord Xar,

I mentioned your project last night on the conference call. There were a lot of people that were really interested. Some said they were going to contact you. I think this idea (radio/newspaper) is really great.

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Lord Xar,

I mentioned your project last night on the conference call. There were a lot of people that were really interested. Some said they were going to contact you. I think this idea (radio/newspaper) is really great.

really? I was on that call.. I was on mute. I was on for about 20 minutes........ nobody has contacted me.. what contact email or ? did you give them?

Delaware
07-27-2007, 03:28 PM
can u send the link to newspaper when its up

Shatterhand
07-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Lord Xar,

Maybe you can mention your radio/newspaper ads on the Daily Paul blog? I believe the editor sometimes leaves comments on the forums here. Perhaps that would help get the message out on this project.

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
can u send the link to newspaper when its up

I am having some people from here review it now... for copy and view asethetics..

I don't really want to post it until it actually is "IN" to the newspaper and such...

I don't want "others" getting a view of it.. you understand.. I am a secretive sort...

LibertyEagle
07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
really? I was on that call.. I was on mute. I was on for about 20 minutes........ nobody has contacted me.. what contact email or ? did you give them?

I heard him do it. He told them your screen name and mentioned Ron Paul Forums. I guess they might have gone to the other message board, ronpaul forum, though.

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 03:35 PM
I heard him do it. He told them your screen name and mentioned Ron Paul Forums. I guess they might have gone to the other message board, ronpaul forum, though.

I wasn't aware there was another forum... should somenoe post there and refer them to this post?

Or should I go there and post htis ad there?

Dustancostine
07-27-2007, 05:07 PM
It was around the 9:45 central time mark. I can't exactly remember the guy's name but it was Jim Conduit, or Jon Kondit, I can't remember exactly, I am probably butchering his name, but he was really excited and was glad that someone was picking up the ball on this and asked for your screen name. Maybe some else here knows his name.

And next time don't use mute. Speak up and lets get this project rolling!!!! :)

Annie
07-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Radio is VERY good.

Please encourage people to call friendly stations to get them to help pass on the DONATION need for radio AD time in IOWA. www.thepowerhour.com, Alex Jones, Jack Blood, Jack McLamb, Pastor Butch Paugh, Jeff Rense....you know who I'm talkin' about. They LOVE Ron Paul and so do their LISTENERS.

These Freedom Loving hosts can push to this issue from the internet and into the homes of Ron Paul supporters that don't even know about the "STRAW POLLS". Please take time to do this. Burn up the lines until you get through and talk with them.

---------------------:D

Question: Want to use a credit card to get funds to you right now. How do I do this in realitive safety? I've clicked on the link and come up with a blank email body. Now what?

Annie
Wagon Leader
www.ronpaulkc.com

Delaware
07-27-2007, 05:27 PM
When will it be in the paper? Whats wrong with posting it to us forum members?

Dustancostine
07-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Radio is VERY good.

Please encourage people to call friendly stations to get them to help pass on the DONATION need for radio AD time in IOWA. www.thepowerhour.com, Alex Jones, Jack Blood, Jack McLamb, Pastor Butch Paugh, Jeff Rense....you know who I'm talkin' about. They LOVE Ron Paul and so do their LISTENERS.

These Freedom Loving hosts can push to this issue from the internet and into the homes of Ron Paul supporters that don't even know about the "STRAW POLLS". Please take time to do this. Burn up the lines until you get through and talk with them.

---------------------:D

Question: Want to use a credit card to get funds to you right now. How do I do this in realitive safety? I've clicked on the link and come up with a blank email body. Now what?

Annie
Wagon Leader
www.ronpaulkc.com

Great idea Annie. To send money to RonPaul4America@yahoo.com, use paypal.com, if you don't have an account it is very easy to set up and you can pay by credit card there. Put in the subject "Radio Ads"

Annie
07-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Radio is Very Good.

Let's help awaken more than just internet people. Call Friendly stations like www.thepowerhour.com, Alex Jones, Jack Blood, Pastor Butch Paugh, Jeff Rense, Officer Jack McLamb...you know who they are! They LOVE Ron Paul and getting these hosts GEARED UP to raise funds for Iowa will awaken those supporters that are NOT on the internet. Those people that are driving down the road or listening in their shop or in their home just waiting to help get this GREAT man elected.

Do IT! Burn up the telephone lines until you get the message out that IOWA needs HELP to buy RADIO AD's and populate the Straw Poll on August 11 with voting Iowans!

Also...

I'd like to donate using a credit card. Once I click the link I get a blank email body...What now?

Annie
Wagon Leader
www.ronpaulkc.com

LibertyEagle
07-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Annie, you first need to sign up with PayPal. www.paypal.com

It's real fast and easy. After you do, you have them send your payment to the account, RonPaul4America@yahoo.com

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 06:42 PM
When will it be in the paper? Whats wrong with posting it to us forum members?

Hey Delaware.. because its not finalized and some things are still changing with it. I'd rather not show an unfinished product. Nothing more, other than that.

Lord Xar
07-27-2007, 11:08 PM
bump...

we are coming down to the stretch .. come on people.

Shatterhand
07-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Lord Xar,

I admire your tenacity. :cool:

Dan Klaus
07-28-2007, 02:29 AM
What's the financial status now Xar? How much more do you need to get this thing rolling...time is of the essence as we all know...

Lord Xar
07-28-2007, 04:14 AM
What's the financial status now Xar? How much more do you need to get this thing rolling...time is of the essence as we all know...

Regardless of what we have, we have to move forward. I can't sit on peoples monies hoping to get the perfect amount. We just have to move forward and hope for the best.

The newspaper ad is done and looking good and ready to go.

The radio ad is still moving along and will be pushed forward regardless of the money received.

I don't want to answer specifics.. once the ad is run, I will disclose all info. I just don't want to make things to public. I am sure you understand.

What is odd is, its more than what I thought we'd get but less than what I was hoping once things got rolling.. hahha. I think I got a little spoiled those first 2 days :-)

tron paul
07-28-2007, 04:22 AM
we are coming down to the stretch .. come on people.

Lord Xar,

As pledged in the original thread, my $40 is on the way.

"Protect our borders, not Iraq's."

Dan Klaus
07-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Regardless of what we have, we have to move forward. I can't sit on peoples monies hoping to get the perfect amount. We just have to move forward and hope for the best.

Sounds good to me and sincerely concur...let's move this forward and thanks for all you've done to spearhead this thing...appreciated...

As pledged in the original thread, my $40 is on the way.

Good stuff tron!! sure Xar would appreciate a couple last minute pledges to keep the ads running...2 weeks until August 11th..we gotta get moving...

camnc79
07-28-2007, 07:05 AM
If I had one more desire, it would be to put the focus on radio (30 or 60) instead of newspaper. Newspaper ads are very very expensive and are one-shot wonders. You can probably do five radio ads for the price of a full page one time newspaper ad. If this has been stated already, I apologize. Just needs to be reiterated as important.

Cameron

Shatterhand
07-28-2007, 12:09 PM
If I had one more desire, it would be to put the focus on radio (30 or 60) instead of newspaper. Newspaper ads are very very expensive and are one-shot wonders. You can probably do five radio ads for the price of a full page one time newspaper ad. If this has been stated already, I apologize. Just needs to be reiterated as important.

Cameron

I wonder what Lord Xar thinks about all this? :confused:

Lord Xar
07-28-2007, 12:25 PM
I wonder what Lord Xar thinks about all this? :confused:

Yes, radio ads are economically more feasible and we could get probably about 7 or 8 radios ads per for what we will put into the newspaper ads.

But, the fact is people donated with "newspaper" in the subject so I have to put their monies towards that.

I also feel that newspaper ads are valid, else businesses would never do them.

There is a trade off.. trying to say in 60 seconds what a newspaper can give in 4 minutes... so, we have to determine if the tradeoff is worth it.

More is going towards Radio, BUT please understand that all of this is expensive and though people HAVE ante'd up to a great degree --- keep in mind that we are not gonna make a HUGE impact with flooding radio ads.. we just don't have enough money for a whole day.. you know, one ad a day on WHO is cool - but there isn't alot of coverage if they put our slot in a time that isn't cool.. you know what i mean..

so, if we had 10k or higher.... dang.. we'd be golden.

Shatterhand
07-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Yes, radio ads are economically more feasible and we could get probably about 7 or 8 radios ads per for what we will put into the newspaper ads.

But, the fact is people donated with "newspaper" in the subject so I have to put their monies towards that.

There is a trade off.. trying to say in 60 seconds what a newspaper can give in 4 minutes... so, we have to determine if the tradeoff is worth it.

More is going towards Radio, BUT please understand that all of this is expensive and though people HAVE ante'd up to a great degree --- keep in mind that we are not gonna make a HUGE impact with flooding radio ads.. we just don't have enough money for a whole day.. you know, one ad a day on WHO is cool - but there isn't alot of coverage if they put our slot in a time that isn't cool.. you know what i mean..

so, if we had 10k or higher.... dang.. we'd be golden.

Lord Xar, maybe you can ask ladyjade3 to make a youtube video about your project. Maybe that would help. There's also the Daily Paul blog. Maybe they would mention your project? Anyway, keep up the great work!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lord Xar
07-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Lord Xar, maybe you can ask ladyjade3 to make a youtube video about your project. Maybe that would help. There's also the Daily Paul blog. Maybe they would mention your project? Anyway, keep up the great work!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

thanks, I contacted that daily blog yesterday, not sure if they put it up..

thanks.

Dustancostine
07-28-2007, 01:02 PM
Lord Xar,

Have you joined meetup group #560 yet? It is the meetup group for the conference call. It is made up of mostly other meetup leaders. If you join that group then you could send them a group email detailing your projects and you might even get to your $10,000 mark.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/560/

Also what is your first name. When I talk to people about donating to you, it is weird to say his name is "Lord Xar" :)

--Dustan

P.S. Also don't forget the meetup.com Ron Paul Message board and the ronpaulnation.com message board.

Lord Xar
07-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Lord Xar,

Have you joined meetup group #560 yet? It is the meetup group for the conference call. It is made up of mostly other meetup leaders. If you join that group then you could send them a group email detailing your projects and you might even get to your $10,000 mark.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/560/

Also what is your first name. When I talk to people about donating to you, it is weird to say his name is "Lord Xar" :)

--Dustan

P.S. Also don't forget the meetup.com Ron Paul Message board and the ronpaulnation.com message board.

My name is "DEAN"

I joined the group and tried to email the organizer BUT it says that mails are being undeliverable to him, and to try back in a couple of days???

"We're sorry. Unfortunately our recent emails to this member have been returned as "undeliverable". Hopefully this member will resolve the problem soon -- check back in a few days.
"

SO, if you can contact them for me.. refer them to this POST and my email to paypal.

I have been in contact with JEN in Iowa - so they can verify I am legit...

Thanks

Dustancostine
07-28-2007, 01:58 PM
If you are part of the group then you can send an email to ronpaul-560@meetup.com and it will go to all of the members.

-Dustan

Dustancostine
07-28-2007, 01:59 PM
And as I wrote that I got your email from the group. :)

Dustancostine
07-28-2007, 07:06 PM
bumpty bump

camnc79
07-29-2007, 07:57 AM

I agree 110%. If individuals wish to have their funds allocated that way, that is the way to go. However, I want to make sure that all info is out there when it comes to getting the most for the money.

I am glad you mention this. They work when they are done in repetition. Much like direct mail, you have to hit someone seven times to have much effect. Seven newspaper ads, full page, would be astronomical in cost. Seven radio ads, while still nothing to sneeze at price wise, is much more feasible. Another point is that businesses that are actually successful with newspaper ads are generally displaying dozens, yes DOZENS, of times. It is a major business expense. Businesses that advertise one or a few times generally do not see results that come close to the cost of the ads.

In radio, you're guaranteed a 60 second listen most of the time. If the ad in the newspaper appears in a section not always read, it could be a 0 second viewing. If the radio ads are targeted, it is even better.

You probably don't want to blitz for one day. You may wish to spread out along 3-4 days if possible - during the highest penetration time. Of course this depends on how much you've raised.

How much do you have so far? This will help those of us on the sidelines that are willing to help get this project moving.

Time is runnin' short and we need to make a move to ensure we get decent spots.

Keep up all the great work and motivation to get people donating to this great cause.

Cameron

LibertyEagle
07-29-2007, 08:30 AM
"How much do you have so far? This will help those of us on the sidelines that are willing to help get this project moving.

Time is runnin' short and we need to make a move to ensure we get decent spots.

Keep up all the great work and motivation to get people donating to this great cause.

Cameron"

I'm sorry, but if you want to help, why are you waiting? Lord Xar has almost single-handedly done this whole thing by himself. He has pulled in the necessary people to layout the newspaper ad, has written the copy and has researched and contacted the newspapers. And that is JUST the newspaper. He has gone through the whole procedure AGAIN with the radio ad.

So please, if you want to support this effort.... DO IT NOW. And don't just look for him to do the motivation to get others to donate, you join in yourself!

The finishing touches are being put on everything right now. As soon as that is completed, he will have to move and move fast.

Yes, in a perfect world, this whole effort would have been started long ago, so we would just be gliding into home plate right now. But, that is not what happened and luckily, Xar stepped up to the plate and took it on.

So again, everyone please donate to this effort now, if you can.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-29-2007, 07:11 PM
How may I direct someone outside of the forums to donate? 1) LordXar's PayPal acount: RONPAUL4AMERICA@YAHOO.COM
This post with all our dirty laundry: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=9034
Has the PAC name been finalized to lend an air of authority?

I have to say, the script is DAMN good.

LibertyEagle
07-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Yes, that's the right PayPal account. Do you think it might be helpful if we started a new thread with just the information on the 2 ads, directions for contributing financially and then ask Josh to lock the thread and move it to a sticky?

On second thought, that won't work. Remember we sent out all those notices to the Meetup group organizers with the links to those 2 threads?

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-29-2007, 07:51 PM
We should set up a website for the PAC. If we knew its name, that is. I could do it on blogspot or some other free site unless Xar or you, LibertyEagle, want to do it. Probably not worth registering a domain over, is it? I have hosting space and can do a basic site, but there are more apt techies than me hanging around this board.

Dustancostine
07-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Yes, that's the right PayPal account. Do you think it might be helpful if we started a new thread with just the information on the 2 ads, directions for contributing financially and then ask Josh to lock the thread and move it to a sticky?

On second thought, that won't work. Remember we sent out all those notices to the Meetup group organizers with the links to those 2 threads?

You can start a new thread and have Josh sticky it, and as long as the old threads still exist and the paypal account doesn't change then we can use the sticky thread for further promotion but the old threads will still work for the meetup groups and any emails we have already sent.

-Dustan

LibertyEagle
07-29-2007, 08:02 PM
If you guys want to do that, feel free. I'm fried.

Lord Xar
07-30-2007, 12:23 AM
bump

Shatterhand
07-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Lord Xar,

What's the latest?

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 05:53 AM
Still needing donations, folks. Please help if you can.

LordXar's PayPal acount: RONPAUL4AMERICA@YAHOO.COM

Lord Xar
07-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Yeah... Tomorrow is the day -- I NEED NOW.. If anybody is waiting or gonna ante up --- Now is the time !!!!!!!!!!!

Shatterhand
07-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Are you guys going to post a new thread and make it a sticky with all the relevant information for newcomers coming to this site via links? Or is it too late for that?

:confused: :confused:

BLS
07-30-2007, 12:07 PM
Are you guys going to post a new thread and make it a sticky with all the relevant information for newcomers coming to this site via links? Or is it too late for that?

:confused: :confused:

Good Idea. This thread is way too long to peruse for all the pertinent information.

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 12:24 PM

RADIO AD DONATIONS

KJJY-FM 92.5 - Country
KHKI-FM 97.3 - Country
KWQW-FM 98.3 - Talk
WHO 1040 - News Radio **

Pertinent information.

Lord Xar
07-30-2007, 12:27 PM
I tried to get a sticky early on..