PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Revolution in 2012

libertad16
01-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Guys, clearly Ron Paul has brought together a coalition of people fighting for limited government. Paul, however will be 76 in 2012 and will most likely not run for President. So, who are some potential candidates who you guys think could carry on the Ron Paul Revolution? People with a national profile but still adhere to the principles of limited government and freedom.

A couple potential candidates - Governor Mark Sanford of South Carolina, Judge Andrew Napolitano, or Congressman Jeff Flake?

Who are some others?

Goldwater Conservative
01-15-2008, 01:30 PM
If his record holds up compared to the little I've read about him, Sanford seems like a great pick, given that he's a Southern governor and much younger than Paul. With him at the top of the ticket, maybe a Congressman for the VP slot (Paul himself, perhaps?).

boberino
01-15-2008, 01:36 PM
If things keep going the way they are, 2 things will happen before 2012:

A. There will be a revolt from the people upending the current establishment in power.
B. We will be engaged in a new world war and will advance so far into totalitarianism it will be unrecoverable without a real revolution.

Pretty cynical, but that's just how I see it.

nwfla4ronpaul
01-15-2008, 01:43 PM
I say we keep the meetup together but focus on more local issues between now and then. Everyday the papers here in St. Petersburg are touting some now tax or regulation to control our lives. I think we should be vocal in local politics thus building up a base for the next election. We need credibility in our communities, and if we work hard we will be a force that cannot be ignored. America cannot change overnight by electing Ron Paul, what is needed is for us to reach regular people with the message of liberty and get them involved.
I plan on working with my meetups to form a base against local big government. I may even run for office one day. Whatever I do, I believe it can best be done at this time locally. Once we see change then we can work our way up to the state and national level.

Alex Libman
01-15-2008, 01:58 PM
I think Paul should finish his 2008 run with the Libertarian Party and pass his legacy to them.

robert4rp08
01-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Folks, please keep in mind that the rEVOLution is not only about the Presidency. Dr. Paul in the White House can't do much if Congress doesn't support him. We need to flood Washington D.C. with liberty-minded people!

It starts at the local level. EVERYONE here should be thinking about running for a local office. Change will not happen this year or the next, it will be progressive over 10+ years.

robert4rp08
01-15-2008, 02:03 PM
I think Paul should finish his 2008 run with the Libertarian Party and pass his legacy to them.

F* the Libertarian Party. They're absurd for not backing Dr. Paul's run for the White House. I went to a portion of the Libertarian Presidential Debate at the Liberty Forum, and most of them were bad talking Dr. Paul. To hell with them. They're missing out on a huge opportunity to advance their party and instead insist on bickering about the theoretical details about Libertarianism.

P.S. There were no more than 10 people in attendance at the debate. Way to go schmucks!

mosquitobite
01-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Folks, please keep in mind that the rEVOLution is not only about the Presidency. Dr. Paul in the White House can't do much if Congress doesn't support him. We need to flood Washington D.C. with liberty-minded people!

It starts at the local level. EVERYONE here should be thinking about running for a local office. Change will not happen this year or the next, it will be progressive over 10+ years.

Amen.

Start here NOW> Make it Flake!!! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=90359)

The selection is made today. If you wait, you have failed the revolution. :(