PDA

View Full Version : I just cancelled my comcast cable

painter4Ron Paul
01-15-2008, 01:07 PM
okey dokkey

Azprint
01-15-2008, 01:08 PM
pfff, just steal the cable it pisses them off even more!

fedup100
01-15-2008, 01:09 PM
I did the same..... Hope you told them because the MSM is a controlled media. This would bring them to their knees if 1 million did this.

DAFTEK
01-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Will never happen! Too many people say one thing and do another, i would cancel for a month and i think that might be more doable with many here, i do enjoy many shows on Dish Network thou :p

bulloncoins
01-15-2008, 01:14 PM
I did the same..... Hope you told them because the MSM is a controlled media. This would bring them to their knees if 1 million did this.

I think many people will be cancelling cabel before too much longer. Hard to pay for during a depression.

painter4Ron Paul
01-15-2008, 01:16 PM
I did tell the lady on the phone the reason I was cancelling.:)

I will no loger feed the beast!

RPSignbomb
01-15-2008, 01:17 PM
A bit drastic huh? Sorta like throwing away your car because you blew a tire. Just don't watch those channels.

thehittgirl
01-15-2008, 01:19 PM
I have my directv on suspend. Then found out it's owned by good ole Rupert. So I want to cancel when the suspend period is up. Working on hubby to allow that is going to be the hard part. The men in my house are so addicted to it. I call it the in home hypnotist.

painter4Ron Paul
01-15-2008, 01:21 PM
What is being done to Ron Paul and the censorship of important issues calls for drastic measures.

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 01:23 PM
The straw that broke the camels back was this morning on 'Morning Joe' when Joe Scarborough and his co-host Mika Brzezinski were going gaga, (more than usual) over Obama. I have nothing against Obama but the bias was revolting. At one point Mika Brzezinski cofessed that several of her relatives work for the Obama campaign. Things just came to a head for me and I decided I will no longer allow this garbage in my home nor will I support it AT ALL.

I will miss Project Runway, Lou Dobbs, Paula Dean and HBO but to hell with it....I am opting out.

I will get my news from the internet only from now on and rent stuff on netflix.

Can you imagin if one million of us cancelled out cable in January!

Just my personal opinion but you've taken a big step towards self-awareness. I stopped watching TV years ago. Oh we have a nice LCD but we only watch DVD's. Now whenever I see "normal" TV it all looks so fake to me. Fake people talking about fake issues or living fake lives.

I don't think TV is "evil", I just think it tends to make people who watch it less critical in their thinking.

osofaux
01-15-2008, 01:24 PM
I will get my news from the internet only from now on and rent stuff on netflix.

It's what I do, and I don't miss the garbage that is television one bit. Good for you!

jnpg
01-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Yea for you! I have been fighting DH over this one- we currently do not have cable tv- only internet- a few channels filter through that we get though. I will not pay for the garbage they put out and then have commercials on top of that-

I bought some time with the thingy that broadcasts online- it has sci-fi his real weakness...

:)

Mortikhi
01-15-2008, 01:31 PM
You can always download you favorite programs from the internet sans commercials.

No matter what, if I miss a show, I can can get it from a torrent and watch it a day late. 1 hour shows take me 40 mins, 1/2 hour shows take me 20.

paulie
01-15-2008, 01:37 PM
I canceled DirecTV (and paid dearly for doing so during contract) because we as a family decided TV did not fit in constructively. I know tons of people without cable or satellite...I sort of feel late to the party. But our lives have improved drastically since eliminating the picture noise box.

jumpyg1258
01-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Pretty much the only TV show I pay attention to these days is Doctor Who and they do not show the new ones here in the US anyways so theres no need for me to pay for cable/satellite.

hopeforamerica
01-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Got rid of t.v. altogether many years ago! Never looked back. Love youtube so I could watch the Ron Paul stuff.

Tom228
01-15-2008, 02:32 PM
A bit drastic huh? Sorta like throwing away your car because you blew a tire. Just don't watch those channels.

I have to agree, I hate flaming bias media too, but getting rid of television is a bit extreme.

Matt Collins
01-15-2008, 02:46 PM
I think I am going to dump mine after the election. My only concern is when the tornado comes rolling through town at 2am I won't have a place to get my news.

Young_Apprentice
01-15-2008, 02:49 PM
The straw that broke the camels back was this morning on 'Morning Joe' when Joe Scarborough and his co-host Mika Brzezinski were going gaga, (more than usual) over Obama. I have nothing against Obama but the bias was revolting. At one point Mika Brzezinski cofessed that several of her relatives work for the Obama campaign. Things just came to a head for me and I decided I will no longer allow this garbage in my home nor will I support it AT ALL.

I will miss Project Runway, Lou Dobbs, Paula Dean and HBO but to hell with it....I am opting out.

Can you imagin if one million of us cancelled our cable in January!

Good for you! For the first month or so you might find yourself constantly on the internet, but it wears off after a while.

hopeforamerica
01-15-2008, 02:52 PM
I have to agree, I hate flaming bias media too, but getting rid of television is a bit extreme.

Extreme? Maybe, but you'll find you have more time to do productive and meaningful things. My family has been t.v. free for years It's wonderful! I read more, interact with my family more, and have time to dedicate myself to the Ron Paul campaign. Everyone should turn off the t.v. for a week and see what it is like.