PDA

View Full Version : Why does this site attract Rabble Rousers?

Crickett
01-15-2008, 12:19 PM
..well for one thing..we need to not only awaken the conservative white and blue collar workers, but ALSO the rabble to get our candidate elected!
What gets me is this:

America is FULL of conspiracy theorists, anarchists, mean people, racists, a**holes, idiots, and all points in between. You surely can not disagree. You see them daily. Every day. In fact, from many perspectives, I am one, AND you are one.
Therefore, the more supporters EACH candidate gets, the more of the above types will be in each of their groups.

There are always more guests here than members--well, at least every time I look. If they or anyone wants CLEAR and non opinionated information on Ron Paul, they need to go to the main HQ website www.ronpaul2008.com . If they want to hear from supporters, and all the intelligent, semi-intelligent, and apelike comments, then come here. And join in if you want to. Other people's opinions or claims should not influence a person's private heart of heart vote. The issues and character of the candidate should do it.

Some of us feel that loud and sign demonstrations are a way only to upset people who want peace in their towns. Others think it is the BEST way to get people to look at the issues and even come from other states to support these demonstrations.

Some of us feel that to harass a voting tabulator who made a mistake is a very rude and bad thing to do. Others were so mad that their vote wasn't counted they railed against it and the tabulator.

This is a place of trolls and moles and wonderful supporters. A place where you can ignore or participate, flame, burn or ignite hope. It is NOT a place necessarily where clear viewpoints on the issues are voiced. That is done on the HQ website.

The main thing is that the MASS media only says bad things about RP or ignores him completely. That never happens here. This site is so important to many, and many great ideas and fund raising has come out of it, as well as all sorts of other stuff. Tolerance and participation is a part of what made our county great.
Ron Paul supporters idiot or genius are ALL patriots. And, in the words of MLK, we, too, shall not be overcome.

imho

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Ah the wonders of an online forum dedicated to politics.

newbitech
01-15-2008, 12:22 PM
welcome to a free society.

rab·ble-rous·er /ˈrębəlˌraʊzər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rab-uhl-rou-zer] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
a person who stirs up the passions or prejudices of the public, usually for his or her own interests; demagogue.
[Origin: 1835–45]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Truth Warrior
01-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Why? Because the status quo really, really sucks. ( and has for a very long, long time ) America needs millions more rabble rousers.<IMHO>

steph3n
01-15-2008, 12:30 PM
too much southpark
rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble

slamhead
01-15-2008, 12:31 PM
because our founding fathers were rabble rousers.

Cindy
01-15-2008, 12:49 PM
because our founding fathers were rabble rousers.

So is Dr. Paul.

He gets on stage, in a nationally televised Presidential debate with a bunch of other Republicans and speaks out against them all, angrily calling them neocons.

That is some serious rabble rousing within the GOP elite.

Paul attracts those who resonate with him for the most part.

I was drawn to him when I saw him rabble rousing with Green span, saying things that would risk one getting assasinated over by the powers that be.

Redcard
01-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Let me ask you a question.

The people leading this country and the people who believe in conspiracy theories are two different kinds of people, did you notice that?

Now.. let's look at the people who yell and "rabble rouse", who put long polls out with signs on them to get on camera.. who yell FU Frank and other such things. The people that yell "9/11 was an inside job!"

How successful are they at convincing anyone? Really?

These are the tactics of the fringe, and they are _NOT_ _WORKING_. Why? Because they never worked. Mainstream america doesn't believe the Jews orchestrated 9/11, they don't believe the jews own the FED, they don't believe that the CFR is part of the NWO , they don't believe Chemtrails are being used to alter the weather.. and on and on and on. Yet ,there's no shortage of conspiracy theorists out there spreading that message.

So again, why don't they believe?

The answer is the delivery. Your standard conspiracy theorist knows NOTHING of persuasive speak. They'll throw 85 anecdotes at you, and associate themselves with such fringe whackos that they literally dump their credibility overboard.

Example. Loose Change.

Starts with a good premise. Drops off into conspiracy theory.
Zeitgeist. Compelling points.. then.. stupid unprovable conspiracy theory.

On and on.

So now you have these people .. who couldn't even convince mainstream america that the dog catcher is not working full time and billing the company full time.. trying to use the same unworkable tactics to get a man elected.

I'm not saying "Conspiracy theorists = No President", but what I'm saying is that you cannot use tactics that do not work to reach people. If you can't convince mainstream people of your conspiracy theories, or even part of them, please don't use the same techniques to try to get Ron Paul elected.

colin1
01-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Let me ask you a question.

The people leading this country and the people who believe in conspiracy theories are two different kinds of people, did you notice that?

Now.. let's look at the people who yell and "rabble rouse", who put long polls out with signs on them to get on camera.. who yell FU Frank and other such things. The people that yell "9/11 was an inside job!"

How successful are they at convincing anyone? Really?

These are the tactics of the fringe, and they are _NOT_ _WORKING_. Why? Because they never worked. Mainstream america doesn't believe the Jews orchestrated 9/11, they don't believe the jews own the FED, they don't believe that the CFR is part of the NWO , they don't believe Chemtrails are being used to alter the weather.. and on and on and on. Yet ,there's no shortage of conspiracy theorists out there spreading that message.

So again, why don't they believe?

The answer is the delivery. Your standard conspiracy theorist knows NOTHING of persuasive speak. They'll throw 85 anecdotes at you, and associate themselves with such fringe whackos that they literally dump their credibility overboard.

Example. Loose Change.

Starts with a good premise. Drops off into conspiracy theory.
Zeitgeist. Compelling points.. then.. stupid unprovable conspiracy theory.

On and on.

So now you have these people .. who couldn't even convince mainstream america that the dog catcher is not working full time and billing the company full time.. trying to use the same unworkable tactics to get a man elected.

I'm not saying "Conspiracy theorists = No President", but what I'm saying is that you cannot use tactics that do not work to reach people. If you can't convince mainstream people of your conspiracy theories, or even part of them, please don't use the same techniques to try to get Ron Paul elected.

I love to rouse the rabble ;)

The internet is changing all of this. Who could have imagined, six short months ago, that an obscure libertarian, country doctor from Texas would smash all of the fundraising records in one day? As people begin to awaken from their slumber, and recognize the spin they see on ABCCBSNBCCNNMSNBCFOX, they will increasingly turn toward the unedited, unfiltered and unvarnished truth available on the internet.

LarryWhite
01-15-2008, 01:32 PM
You Babel Rabble Rousers,
in Polyester Trousers
Big Bright Cities.

No doubt Vishnu missed you, and Cali kissed you,

better get busy better get busy better get busy

Redcard
01-15-2008, 01:32 PM
I love to rouse the rabble ;)

The internet is changing all of this. Who could have imagined, six short months ago, that an obscure libertarian, country doctor from Texas would smash all of the fundraising records in one day? As people begin to awaken from their slumber, and recognize the spin they see on ABCCBSNBCCNNMSNBCFOX, they will increasingly turn toward the unedited, unfiltered and unvarnished truth available on the internet.

*chuckles*

No. They won't. People LIKE polish and shine, and always will. Moses was gone probably twenty minutes before they needed a leader and made a golden calf. And what good is all this unfiltered talk when we lose the election?

There must be SOME filtration , or the signal gets lost in the noise.

newnews
01-15-2008, 01:33 PM
try maybe to see what another person's point of view is.

Even if you don't support the conclusion, there may facts and logic that you hadn't considered.

As one of the slighted "conspiracy theorists" I can assure you nothing is at it seems.

ESPECIALLY ON TV.

So what else is the TV lying to you about?

Or have you not yet noticed the evidence of TV attempting to MANIPULATE the thoughts of people and REALITY?

michaelwise
01-15-2008, 01:37 PM
They hate our enthusiasm.:eek:

constituent
01-15-2008, 01:48 PM
..well for one thing..we need to not only awaken the conservative white and blue collar workers, but ALSO the rabble to get our candidate elected!
What gets me is this:

America is FULL of conspiracy theorists, anarchists, mean people, racists, a**holes, idiots, and all points in between. You surely can not disagree. You see them daily. Every day. In fact, from many perspectives, I am one, AND you are one.
Therefore, the more supporters EACH candidate gets, the more of the above types will be in each of their groups.

imho

rabble? get over yourself.

and what does anarchy have to do w/ conspiracy theorists, racists, mean people, etc.?

nothing, you're just being an a**hole.

talk about rousing rabble.

one more time... get over yourself.

mconder
01-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Because rabble is the Freedom demographic. For those that have been in this fight as long as I have they know what I'm talking about. Our cause does not generally attract the BMW driving, Starbucks drinking yuppy that establishment politics attract. I have a theory that people mistake prosperity for freedom and the prosperity enjoyed for so long in this country is about to come to an end. It will be interesting to see what affect this has on our numbers.