PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my response to a neocon regarding the newsletters

sedele
01-15-2008, 12:15 PM
A little history lesson for you .

Ron Paul was elected to congress in 1976. After some time because of his small goverment, fiscal conservative, non-interventionalist, and last but not least, consistent constitutional voting record, he gained a huge following in the patriot/constitutionalist and libertarian communities. So much of a following in fact, he decided to put together a newsletter and had well over a 100,000 subscribers. During this time he wrote most of the articles and generally oversaw the content. In 1988, he ran for President as a libertarian. As we all know, he lost with 400,000 votes in the general election.

After his lost bid for the presidency, he decided to quit politics and go back into practicing medicine full time as an OB/GYN. During this time the newsletters continued on with various different ghostwriters and he very rarely wrote anythng for it, as a mdical practice is very time consuming work. This timeframe was from 1989 to 1996 - the very same timeframe when the racist newletters went out. In that year 1996 he decided to get back into politics and run for congress again. He won his seat back and remains there til this day.

Dr. Paul has been denying these newsletters for the 12 years or so since they have come up when he was running for congress time after time. And if you have ever read anything by the man before 1988 or after 1996 you can see why. They are inconsistent with everything else he has ever said regarding these allagations. The newletters are a shame but thats the way it is.

Start at the link in my signature and read for yourself. Also go on www.ronpaullibrary.com and you can read all about what the man thinks of racism and the collectivist mindset in general.

Chabsfromcanada
01-15-2008, 12:24 PM
"But his skin is all white, and he has white hair. He is racist"

Thats the kind of dumb shit you are going to hear, and its coming from retards so it doesnt matter.

I think what the campaign needs is a town hall type meeting with Dr. Paul in the deep south. A room FULL of religious, blacker than black, people. And I do not mean any disrespect to black people when I say that. I just would LOVE to see how the media would respond to that, when Dr. Paul is speaking to all of those people that would normally never speak to a racist. If they accept him, would it then be safe to assume he is not racist? Just a thought.

sedele
01-15-2008, 03:14 PM
So I guess my response was 100% accurate! Perfect!