PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone photos of ballots?

jenninlouisiana
01-15-2008, 11:21 AM
I saw this a couple of times on here-- photos of ballots with Ron Paul's bubble filled in.

I wonder if this is something we ought to tell everyone.. take a cell phone photo of your ballot. Would that be any kind of proof in case there are any allegations of fraud?

Would the photos tell date and time taken so that people could show when they voted?

I'm thinking we ALL should do this when we vote in either the caucus or the primary, or both, depending on your state.

JonathanR
01-15-2008, 11:23 AM
www.ronpaulvotecount.com has a pretty good plan for achieving your desired result.

jenninlouisiana
01-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Affidavits require notary publics, which may or may not be hard to get. A cell phone photo in addition to an affidavit would be better.

Correct me if I am wrong, but all an affidavit is is a document stating you did something or you are somebody. It isnt binding in itself, it is just a written statement, which may or may not be proven or disproven, instead of a verbal statement.

A cell phone photo, on the other hand, is proof you voted a certain way. Well, more proof than an affidavit.

See where I'm going with this?

Matt Collins
01-15-2008, 02:52 PM
NO!

My parents work for Seminole County election commission in Florida and they have told me the word is out that NO CAMERAS are allowed in the polling places. Lots of parents follow their 18 and 19 year olds into the polls to attempt to take pics of their first time voting and this is not allowed.

They are told that when they see cameras they have to be dealt with.

My mother told me yesterday "Cameras can compromise the sanctity of the ballot and are not allowed inside at all"

These rules may not apply everywhere, but I wouldn't chance it.

Mani
01-15-2008, 03:29 PM
NO!

My parents work for Seminole County election commission in Florida and they have told me the word is out that NO CAMERAS are allowed in the polling places. Lots of parents follow their 18 and 19 year olds into the polls to attempt to take pics of their first time voting and this is not allowed.

My mother told me yesterday "Cameras can compromise the sanctity of the ballot and are not allowed inside at all"

Most modern mobile phones now have cameras with them. Are they going to make you hand over your cell phone?

I wouldn't walk around flashing a digital camera, but my phone is so tiny no one is going to see it and I don't see how they are going to search people for cell phones with cameras.

jenninlouisiana
01-15-2008, 03:34 PM
That's a bummer... I wanted to take a picture of my name on the delegate ballot. :D I probably will anyway disceetly with my cell phone.

fedup100
01-15-2008, 03:38 PM
NO!

They certainly don't want proof of wrong doing in living color!! Voter fraud in hand count elections was uncovered in the early 1990's. The league of women voters were stuffing the ballot boxes. They were discovered when people put cameras in their belt buckles and captured in black and white all the proof you would need that our elections are pure fraud.

damiengwa
01-15-2008, 03:43 PM
yes, this can work, but you need to aggregate the photos into a state by state email accn't with a third party, which would be a good record. the return address being a phone number with the name of the accnt in the name of the registered voter. that'd be something else, wouldn't it?

The only thing is that the email should contain the voting precint and be sent immediately after voting.

Thus, one could set up gmail accnts for each state, such as rpvotenevada@gmail.com, rpvotemichigan@gmail....etc.

--
D

Matt Collins
01-16-2008, 01:44 AM
Are they going to make you hand over your cell phone?
No, but they have been told to watch for them and people taking photos.