PDA

View Full Version : don't be so pushy..

slacker921
01-15-2008, 11:11 AM
http://willdo.philadelphiaweekly.com/archives/2008/01/ron_paul_suppor_1.html

"Presidential candidate/King of the Internet Ron Paul, as you may know, is best known for his band of supporters who will literally rip out your intestines if you don't vote for him."

Some salesmen struggle with a stigma of being overly pushy.. so do Ron Paul supporters. So you have to be extra careful not to live up to this image. Go to the opposite extreme if you have to so that when someone sees an article like this they KNOW it is bunk. Don't give them ANY grounds to stand on when they write this slanderous stuff.

Stevo
01-21-2008, 09:23 PM
I agree with with slacker921.
Just as I wouldn't suddenly convert because some stranger came to my door, nor do I expect instant conversion.
You gotta be careful not to accidentally insult their beliefs by coming off too strong.
I introduce myself, say why I am at their door, and offer some literature. If they want to talk then we talk.
I've had a couple people talk themselves into RPs camp just by letting them state what they believe and then pointing out how consistent that is with RPs positions.
My $.02

TastyWheat
01-21-2008, 09:54 PM
I've found the best thing is to stick to the generic script (survey). When they mention an issue that's important to them tell them what Ron Paul's stance on the issue is. If they're really concerned about the issue they'll listen to what you say. Also, mentioning facts (i.e. his record, his endorsements) sounds better than quoting him.