PDA

View Full Version : rediculous newsmax article about next al-Qaida attack

Roxi
07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
the fearmongers march on......

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2007/7/24/212905.shtml?s=al&promo_code=379B-1

CIA Bin Laden Chief: Next Attack ‘Bigger Than 9/11'

Dave Eberhart, NewsMax
Wednesday, July 25, 2007

If al-Qaida does launch an attack inside the U.S., as the U.S. government suggests, "it will be much bigger than 9/11."

This prediction of a nightmarish terror attack comes from Michael Scheuer, the retired CIA veteran who headed the agency's secret unit dedicated to capturing Osama bin Laden.

In an exclusive NewsMax interview, the 22-year CIA veteran and bestselling author of "Imperial Hubris: Why the West is Losing the War on Terror," argues that while our government in Washington has talked a "good talk" about security, America remains seriously vulnerable.

Despite the clear and present danger, Scheuer cites the federal government's failure to secure the borders, especially the U.S.-Mexico border.

"We haven't done the basic things that were needed on 9/11 to protect Americans to the greatest extent possible – and that is domestic border control," he says. [Editor's Note: Be prepared for terror with an Emergency Radio. Homeland Security says every home should have one. Get our FREE offer Emergency Radio -- Go Here Now.]

As a result, almost six years since the Sept. 11 attacks, America's law enforcement still does not know "who is in the country without a pool of illegals that increases by the hour."

Today, terrorists could strike with ease if they so choose. Scheuer points to the port of Houston, which could be easily targeted because of its refining operations.

On the global front of the war on terror, Scheuer offers a similar pessimistic view because the U.S. has never exercised the full clout of the "military option" to put down the insurgency in Iraq and deal with terrorists elsewhere.

Simply put, Scheuer says the U.S. is too worried about what Europe thinks of our policies and has not risen to the challenge we face from Muslim extremists.

His solution: We need "to kill off more of the enemy." He adds the comment may seem "callous," but it is the best way to deal with an enemy that plays by no rules.

On the heels of the recent release of the disturbing National Intelligence Estimate, the man who provided the U.S. government with as many as 10 opportunities to take out bin Laden before Sept. 11 evaluates homeland security chief Michael Chertoff, lambastes lawmakers, addresses intractable American policy on Israel, reveals the enemy's strategy to bankrupt America, and uncovers the real motivation of terrorists.

NewsMax: At the CIA, you couldn't get top people to take assertive action against bin Laden. Now that you are a private citizen, what's the frustration that you are feeling?

Scheuer: I don't get the impression that the natural goal of American politicians in either party is to protect America.

They are more concerned with what international opinion thinks of us. They are more concerned with making sure that they can win the next election.

If our government doesn't exist to protect my grandchildren, what does it exist to do?

This whole refrain we hear now from the Democrats and the Republicans, we have tried the military option and it doesn't work -- it is such nonsense.

They don't want to use our military forces because they don't want to be condemned by the Europeans for killing too many people.

They would rather have Americans killed in the long run than to face a lot of criticism from a continent that is fading from the scene.

That's my frustration.

I'm very much a nationalist. I'm really very much a hawk when it comes to protecting Americans.

But I'm also a non-interventionist. I think that there are places that we don't have to be.

But that is my frustration.

BLS
07-25-2007, 12:24 PM
You do realize that this is the CIA member who FULLY supports Ron Paul, right???

Roxi
07-25-2007, 12:35 PM
no i didnt know that but the comment i highlighted makes me wonder about his mentality....

BLS
07-25-2007, 12:38 PM
no i didnt know that but the comment i highlighted makes me wonder about his mentality....

Have you watched Gigaplex's Ron Paul Iowa video?

This guy is referenced many times with video of him speaking.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2284724646717174405

kylejack
07-25-2007, 12:59 PM
I have a feeling they didn't quote him very effectively. The end of the piece seems to indicate that.

Dustancostine
07-25-2007, 01:03 PM
I don't know it seems like killing terrorist is like trying to drown gremlins.

Shellshock1918
07-25-2007, 01:09 PM
I thought the CIA got rid of its bid laden unit?

bygone
07-25-2007, 01:10 PM
You'd have to be living in a cave not to be aware of terrorism by now. What a non-story.

Bradley in DC
07-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Michael Scheuer spoke with Dr. Paul at the "Educating Rudy" press conference.

1000-points-of-fright
07-25-2007, 01:41 PM
He pretty much sums up my feelings. Be non-interventionist while eliminating threats with focused ruthless efficiency.

bygone
07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't know how many of you are watching MSNBC, but they're reporting on airports finding "dangerous blocks of cheese" at airports, and other "dry run items" that could indicate a build-up toward another attack.

Dangerous cheese, indeed. I think there's some cheese on my TV, too, lol.

Bradley in DC
07-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Yeah thats the ticket. Iraq went all wrong when it changed from invasion to occupation.

I don't know how many of you are watching MSNBC, but they're reporting on airports finding "dangerous blocks of cheese" at airports, and other "dry run items" that could indicate a build-up toward another attack.

Dangerous cheese, indeed. I think there's some cheese on my TV, too, lol.

Yet another sign the French are not to be trusted.

Dustancostine
07-25-2007, 01:58 PM
What I want to know is why they are not arresting people who are doing this. If a person of middle eastern decent has a block of cheese in his luggage with wires connected to it and then connected to a battery, then that seems like attemptive terrorism to me.

Maybe I'm wrong.

bygone
07-25-2007, 02:19 PM
There's some credit to that idea.

I'm trying to picture myself putting a block of cheese with wires on it and then going to an airport and running that through a search.

No way in hell I'm gonna do that, lol. You'd have to be nuts, right? Either that or you'd have to be up to no good in some way, right?

I find dangerous cheese to be comical at best, but I do get what you're saying. I don't know what kind of crime you could consider it to be, or whatever, but you've got to admit something isn't right. I guess one day we will see some sort of misdemeanor crime of trying to carry an "imitation terrorism device" onto an aircraft or through a search checkpoint. Maybe some crime like that already exists? I don't know a lot about it since I don't fly.

Syren123
07-25-2007, 02:34 PM
The writer is the fear monger, not Scheuer, who just calls it like he sees it.

Roxi
07-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Yet another sign the French are not to be trusted.

i think it was american cheese :D

and maybe was just a "wag the dog" divert attention type of story...who knows