PDA

View Full Version : Voter #1 Genoa Township, Michigan Precinct 3. Voting problems?

Phantom
01-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Voter #1 Genoa Township, Michigan Precinct 3. Voting problems? (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/25994)

Article on dailypaul.com (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/25994)

I was the first voter, I circled in Ron Paul and put my ballot into the machine. Spit it right back out and said INVALID BALLOT.

Second guy gives it a shot. INVALID BALLOT.

I begin argueing with the lady running the precinct about computer voting and people voting. This lady actually says in a room full of people that Computers are better at counting ballots than people, cause people make mistakes. who makes computers?

So to finish it up, she calls the township. she says I can keep my ballot in a secret compartment and they will put it through later once its fixed.

So they call her back. She gets off the phone. She says the manufacturer says there is a problem with a memory card. Someone from the manufacturer will be there with a new memory card soon.

Holy hell, it doesn't help that I just watched a damn documentary about DIEBOLD and MEMORY CARDS.

I immediately left and drive to the township office to voice my complaints. They must still be sleeping.

NerveShocker
01-15-2008, 10:16 AM
Voter #1 Genoa Township, Michigan Precinct 3. Voting problems? (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/25994)

I was the first voter, I circled in Ron Paul and put my ballot into the machine. Spit it right back out and said INVALID BALLOT.

I begin argueing with the lady running the precinct about computer voting and people voting. This lady actually says in a room full of people that Computers are better at counting ballots than people, cause people make mistakes. who makes computers?

So to finish it up, she calls the township. she says I can keep my ballot in a secret compartment and they will put it through later once its fixed.

So they call her back. She gets off the phone. She says the manufacturer says there is a problem with a memory card. Someone from the manufacturer will be there with a new memory card soon.

Holy hell, it doesn't help that I just watched a damn documentary about DIEBOLD and MEMORY CARDS.

I immediately left and drive to the township office to voice my complaints. They must still be sleeping.

Omg... no way. I saw that video as well this is disturbing... so that's how they get their manipulated memory cards in... sigh

Airborn
01-15-2008, 10:33 AM
wow, make sure you show back up... I wouldn't trust them to scan it later on their own will.

rollingpig
01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
good! at least it says INVALID BALLOT instead of -75461 votes for ron paul.

literatim
01-15-2008, 10:40 AM
You should contact the campaign immediately.

RockEnds
01-15-2008, 10:42 AM
That was EXACTLY what the machine did when I voted at the Straw Poll in Ames.

Phantom
01-15-2008, 10:43 AM
I am sure HQ have heard about it already.

Fyretrohl
01-15-2008, 10:44 AM

My best advice...Don't assume....

Dlynne
01-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Does Paul not have poll watchers there?

A Ron Paul Rebel
01-15-2008, 10:45 AM

I wouldn't count on it!!!

rollingpig
01-15-2008, 10:46 AM

give them a call to make sure !

dawnbt
01-15-2008, 10:47 AM
I read that earlier and forwarded it to Bev Harris at blackboxvoting.org

Sarge
01-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Not good to hear. Keep on it please, as you are aware of two votes already.

Most are not picking up on my thread that MI is having a low, skimpy turnout so far.

Anyone that can advise facebook members or college students to get out and vote might make for a major bump to Dr. Paul today.

Phantom
01-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Ok, I sent it to HQ. There was nothing stopping any of you from sending it though.

liberty_Forever
01-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Oh man, here we go again...

(thanks for forwarding this to Bev)

LibertyBrews
01-15-2008, 11:00 AM

Don't you understand, it's a Romney diebold, the only votes it accepts is Romney votes. LOL

Phantom
01-15-2008, 11:01 AM
I posted this yesterday on another thread and will re-post it here now.

I thought twice about posting this but I think we need to listen to Edgar J. Steele and then get it right, if we place 5th or worse when the Diebold count for South Carolina comes in.

We better react straight away, as soon as one complaint is made, or it will be over for us all. As Edgar J. Steele put it, “Without all the pre-primary dirty tricks (phony polling, stacked "debate" questions, debate exclusion, debate marginalization, false media, no media, ridicule by other candidates and questioners) and with an honest vote count, might Dr. Paul actually have won New Hampshire outright?"

Some of you may not like this message but you have to listen to it. I found myself agreeing with Edgar J. Steele at the end.

We better take heed if we really want to win this race.

Enjoy!

mp3 - The R3volution is Dead - Long Live the Revolution! (http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/rants/r3volution16-16.m3u) by Edgar J. Steele.

Transcript here (http://www.conspiracypenpal.com/rants/r3volution.htm)

Falseflagop
01-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Bump this must be #1 all day today!

pacelli
01-15-2008, 11:21 AM

Not again :( I guess we should expect another 8-10% in michigan.

itshappening
01-15-2008, 11:22 AM
unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iwantchange
01-15-2008, 11:23 AM
We Need To Make This A Priority And Get It Out To Everyone! So At Least If Something Does Happen People Are Aware!

Falseflagop
01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
SPread the word on MYSPACE, EMAIL, NEWS OUTLETS (not that it will matter but be on the record), facebook, send out bulletins, Cafferty etc !!

Truth Warrior
01-15-2008, 11:29 AM
"Those that cast the votes decide nothing. Those that count the votes decide everything." -- Joseph Stalin.

Falseflagop
01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Bump keep spreading the word, because if this is rigged RP might decide to do a recount in MICHIGAN and that will be the sprak we needed!

EvilNight
01-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Someone needs to get their hands on one of these machines and snag the contents of one of these memory cards. We all know what shitty programmers the guys at Diebold are - they won't have sufficient security on them to keep anything hidden from a competent security expert. If anything fishy is going on inside the scanning machines, it would provide concrete proof. Not technically legal, but then again civil disobedience never is...

bcreps85
01-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Sounds suspect...maybe they are afraid of another recount.

So instead they put Ron Paul votes in a box to be put through "later"...and it simply disappears. Then we call for a recount, and it magically matches up =/

Truth Warrior
01-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Ya think? :eek: :D

Sarge
01-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know someone in a meetup group or what ever that can get over and watch what is going on at this township? Someone need to be there watching what is going on.

Not sure who or how but with a low turnout it would seem someone should be there. Can HQ get someone there? Anyone have any contacts out there?

Falseflagop
01-15-2008, 11:54 AM
Bump Up !

MGreen
01-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Seriously, what are the benefits of computer voting machines? It saves a few hours of ballot counting?

You'd think our entire democratic process would warrant staying up until 10 or 11pm counting ballots.

Energy
01-15-2008, 12:01 PM
What exactly do poll watchers do? If the machines are programmed to lightly fudge the numbers, couldn't that go undetected?

MichGuy59
01-15-2008, 12:06 PM
I am also a voter in Michigan, Genoa Township Precinct 3. My wife and I voted for Ron Paul at approximately 11:40 AM with no problems. We did both verify that our votes were indeed counted.

As an aside, the turnout in Michigan is extremely low at this point. We had a few inches of snow this morning in Southeast Michigan but by the time I voted only 45 votes had been made at our precinct. A precinct of 1,700 registered voters. If my math is correct, that's less than a 3% turn out so far.

The media in Michigan is predicting less than a 20% total turn out. I wouldn't be surprised at that. I think that will bode well for us.

Falseflagop
01-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Nice! Low overall turnout but BIG RON PAUL turnout!

Falseflagop
01-15-2008, 12:37 PM
bump

Edu
01-15-2008, 12:40 PM
I am also a voter in Michigan, Genoa Township Precinct 3. My wife and I voted for Ron Paul at approximately 11:40 AM with no problems. We did both verify that our votes were indeed counted.Now that's a true American taking the time to be responsible, THANKS!!!

And I call RECOUNT!! (already, and this is why we need to get the message of recounts out there)

Edu
01-15-2008, 03:04 PM
This is why the recount in NH was so important, people are getting the message their vote may not be counted properly, so they are checking them and asking more questions.
The county people know they can't sluff off anymore and are on their toes.

Why can they give you a printout with a random number on it, you get home and can enter it in a PUBLIC web site to check your vote. All votes are displayed. ANYONE can do a total check.

Is it really that hard?

govtpigII
01-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Because we sheep have let them get away with this. All votes should have a number given randomly.

Example:
My vote receipt is
Jefferson County - 100-2671

You then go to a public website listing all numbers and who it was voted for (All nuber are still private, only you have your receipt)

List:

Jefferson County
100-1311 McCain
100-1412 Romney
100-2132 Paul
100-2671 Paul
101-0019 Paul
101-0029 Romney

VERY SIMPLE PROCESS, not rocket science. Then anyone could verify if there voted was properly counted and if not could report it to the township say within a certain period of time from when it was posted, 48 hrs.

acptulsa
01-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Zow. Perfect. Brilliant.

We need to spread that idea hard.

fj45lvr
01-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Because we sheep have let them get away with this. All votes should have a number given randomly.

Example:
My vote receipt is

You then go to a public website listing all numbers and who it was voted for (All nuber are still private, only you have your receipt)

List:

Jefferson County
100-1311 McCain
100-1412 Romney
100-2132 Paul
100-2671 Paul
101-0019 Paul
101-0029 Romney

VERY SIMPLE PROCESS, not rocket science. Then anyone could verify if there voted was properly counted and if not could report it to the township say within a certain period of time from when it was posted, 48 hrs.

This would VERIFY that you voted but how does this prevent VOTES BEING ADDED to a candidate???

what they need to have is SMALL precincts with small amounts of people so that there could not be large #'s of added votes to any candidate.

govtpigII
01-15-2008, 05:22 PM
This would VERIFY that you voted but how does this prevent VOTES BEING ADDED to a candidate???

what they need to have is SMALL precincts with small amounts of people so that there could not be large #'s of added votes to any candidate.

Good point, but at least we know our votes are counted. We can have poll watchers to verify the number entering is the number posted for that county.

fj45lvr
01-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Good point, but at least we know our votes are counted. We can have poll watchers to verify the number entering is the number posted for that county.

When I voted here at home before they went to 100% mail-in voting, you had to "sign-in" with your signature at your precinct.

This is the ONLY way to make sure that people are HONEST by having a "verification" of your vote with a receipt you could check on and then to be able to confirm that the votes were NO MORE than signed in voters.

affa
01-15-2008, 07:04 PM

Example:
My vote receipt is

List:

Jefferson County
100-1311 McCain
100-1412 Romney
100-2132 Paul
100-2671 Paul
101-0019 Paul
101-0029 Romney

Unfortunately this solves one problem at the expense of another - vote buying, or vote extortion. Any system that lets you 'look up' your vote after the fact has this issue.

In other words, you tell Joe your number, and if the vote is what you promised him you get $100... and if it's not, you get a broken arm.

Lots of discussion on this topic - but it's hard to come up with a flawless solution.