PDA

View Full Version : Martin Luther King, Jr. was a Foolish Dreamer

nuklbone
01-15-2008, 08:53 AM
The odds were stacked against him.
The media was controlled by white folks.
Blacks were a minority so they didn't have the numbers working in their favor.
Are you crazy? People in power aren't just going to step aside and let you have a voice!

Any of that sound familiar?

Ginobili
01-15-2008, 08:55 AM
What? Never heard of that situtation before. Nope. Not pulling up anything. I think you are mistaken.

/sarcasm :o

AEMsupra
01-15-2008, 08:55 AM
The odds were stacked against him.
The media was controlled by white folks.
Blacks were a minority so they didn't have the numbers working in their favor.
Are you crazy? People in power aren't just going to step aside and let you have a voice!

Any of that sound familiar?

QFT

literatim
01-15-2008, 09:01 AM
MLK Jr. was also a communist.

zmall88
01-15-2008, 09:02 AM
I totally respect Dr. King and his great ideals. BUT to think that it was his efforts alone that made the civil rights movement what it is, is sort of inaccurate.

It was Malcolm X. Dr. King was an extremist until Malcolm X came on the stage. Malcolm X was the new extremist and a major threat to the government itself. They gave in to Dr. King in an effort to undermine Malcolm X.

Theres actually a quote from Malcolm X about this to some effect. He used to always attack Dr. King to be a white agent, pacifist etc... Once he did it in front of Dr. King, then went over, shook his hand and told him something like what i said above in his ear.

Of course you also have the black panthers, the NOI as a whole, etc...

AlexMerced
01-15-2008, 09:03 AM
MLK Jr. was also a communist.
not everyone who promotes positive change you'll agree with 100%

just cause, shouldn't undermine the positives we all agree on like his part in promotion equal rights. Sadly Jesse Jackson has really bastardized his message.