PDA

View Full Version : Walking list question

bhull
01-15-2008, 08:41 AM
I live in a predominantly democrat area. My family and I have been involved in local politics for years so we can identify who's who. What should I mark people who are Ron Paul supporters but democrats who can't or won't change their party to vote in the primary?

I live in Pennsylvania by the way.

NeoRayden
01-15-2008, 09:37 AM
You should mark them as retards. If a person will not change parties to vote for the right candidate they should not vote at all and you should not waste your time with them. Just drop them and go get others that will vote for him. The others don't matter.

Mahkato
01-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Give them two party-change forms. One to change to Republican, and another to change back after they've voted.

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 10:02 AM
You should mark them as retards. If a person will not change parties to vote for the right candidate they should not vote at all and you should not waste your time with them. Just drop them and go get others that will vote for him. The others don't matter.

Why should we ignore people who are unable to change their party affiliation in time to vote in their primary but who are still interested in Ron Paul? Maybe they could see fit to donate to him, hummmm?

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 10:05 AM
I live in a predominantly democrat area. My family and I have been involved in local politics for years so we can identify who's who. What should I mark people who are Ron Paul supporters but democrats who can't or won't change their party to vote in the primary?

I live in Pennsylvania by the way.

Isn't there a comment section where you can note this? Something like Democrat-potential RP supporter for general election.

If they are committed to voting in the Democratic primary and can't change to Republican then maybe they can vote for the least viable candidate in their State.

SgtBulldog
01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Give them two party-change forms. One to change to Republican, and another to change back after they've voted.

+1

bhull
01-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Their intelligence really isn't in question. During this primary we will be voting for State Reps, PA senate etc. A lot of these people are life long Democrats, it's more like " I like Ron Paul but I need to stay a democrat to vote for my state rep etc." believe me if I can get someone to change their party I do. This really is just an issue of how I classify them in the database nothing more.

Thank you

krott5333
01-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Why should we ignore people who are unable to change their party affiliation in time to vote in their primary but who are still interested in Ron Paul? Maybe they could see fit to donate to him, hummmm?

Pennsylvanians have until March 24th to register or change their party.

McDermit
01-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Select "other/democrat" and then just use the notes field. That's what it's for.