PDA

View Full Version : Maine Party Change Deadline Today, (1/15)

bullterrier0
01-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Just a friendly reminder to the procrastinators (such as myself :p) that today is the party change deadline for Maine.

My girlfriend and I were at the TO bright and early this morning, and proudly joined the ranks of Ron Paul Republicans! It felt great!!! :D

MrCobaltBlue
01-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Is that mailing out as well? or in person?

bullterrier0
01-15-2008, 08:38 AM
My understanding is that all party changes must be turned into (or must have arrived by mail) the town/city by the end of the day. First time registrations are valid on the day of the vote. Previously registered repubs are all set.

I am no authority on these matters though. RP2008 says today is the day, and that is what I base this on. When I called the town yesterday, they said this was correct info. Maybe your best bet would be to call the town/city office asap.

MrCobaltBlue
01-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Damn looks like I have somewhere to go on my lunch hour.

bullterrier0
01-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Bring friends...

...oh, and shameless self bump...

bkreigh
01-17-2008, 08:00 PM
FYI, I went to city hall on the 15th and if you are an independent you are able to change your party the day of the caucus (as long as you are not Independent Green). Like somebody has mentioned above if you have not registered you can also go the day of the caucus as well.

subdefective
01-18-2008, 07:41 PM
FYI, I went to city hall on the 15th and if you are an independent you are able to change your party the day of the caucus (as long as you are not Independent Green).

Wow, that is incredibly helpful information. Thanks for sharing.