PDA

View Full Version : I thought Ron Paul had gotten delegates in Iowa?

Trassin
01-15-2008, 07:48 AM
I thought RP had won a couple of delegates out of Iowa?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21660914

There are no delegates listed next to his name on the MSNBC page. Am I wrong or has MSNBC made a mistake?

Ranger29860
01-15-2008, 07:50 AM
he won 2

Trassin
01-15-2008, 07:51 AM
he won 2

That's what I thought. The MSNBC page has him listed as having none.

Ranger29860
01-15-2008, 07:52 AM
That's what I thought. The MSNBC page has him listed as having none.

ive just stopped caring about what the msm puts out

brandon
no one won any national delegates yet

Highstreet
I thought RP had won a couple of delegates out of Iowa?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21660914

There are no delegates listed next to his name on the MSNBC page. Am I wrong or has MSNBC made a mistake?

That's a great map.

I'm curious if anyone else knows more.

It might not have the county delegates on it. Maybe because they are supposed to go to the State caucus and vote again.

robert4rp08
01-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Yeah, I thought he won 2. Also, why does it only show 98% of precincts reporting in?

stevedasbach
01-15-2008, 07:56 AM
It is estimated that he will receive 2. They aren't actually determined until later.

Trassin
01-15-2008, 07:58 AM
nm

Trassin
01-15-2008, 07:59 AM
It is estimated that he will receive 2. They aren't actually determined until later.

That being said, it should still show 2 for him since it has totals for everyone else, correct?

Ranger29860
01-15-2008, 07:59 AM
correct

rodo1776
01-15-2008, 08:24 AM
This info could be wrong or could be right. Initially RP was listed as having won two National Convention delegates solely based on him receiving 10% of the vote which IF he won 10% of the PRECINCT DELEGATES, and IF those delegates don't get out maneuvered in conventions then yes RP could be able to pick up two delegates.
However since I have been searching and asking for the answer to this question of how many precinct delegates did we actually get in Iowa and I can't find this posted. Does anyone know?
And why does the forum close down the Iowa section just because the caucus is over.
What we need to understand everyone is that in caucus states the process only BEGINS at the caucus. The most important part is later when the precinct delegates and alternates who get seated go to the next level convention(s) and are organized and then elect delegates for the next level until they reach the state convention or congressional district conventions where the NATIONAL convention delegates are won or lost.
So if anyone can answer the following:

In Iowa:
How many precinct delegates were elected in the whole state?
Of these how many do we know are supporters of RP?
How many are uncommitted or possible RP supporters
and if possible what was the breakdown for the other candidates?

If we can get this info accurately then we can project how many possible National Convention delegates RP can win in Iowa.
And please open up the Iowa section again so that the delegates there can communicate if they wish in terms of strategy.
Please everyone in a caucus state go to the caucus, be organized in advance and get some delegates elected. Then keep going to the next convention and do the same until you get to the state convention or congressional district where you can actually elect National Convention Delegates. Anyone please correct me if I;m wrong.
Also if may be that they show the delegate counts because they already have the info on how many delegates were won by huck etc and so they can project that we did not get enough precinct delegates elected even with 10% of the straw vote to then elect any National Convention Delegates.

Redcard
01-15-2008, 08:52 AM
From reading greenpapers, Iowa is done like this:

Each of 5 districts gets 3 delegates, to be organized in a way that the district convention chooses.

The 22 at Large delegates will be assigned by voice vote at the state convention.

So that's 15+22 = 37.

Then 3 at large delegates go in "unpledged."

So, end result is that it's probably harder to estimate delegates on the "lower end" of the scale, since the 5 districts can divide stuff up however they wish.

noztnac
01-15-2008, 08:58 AM
It's hard to tell when they still have not finished counting all of the votes.

Redcard
01-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Oh, and to further what I said earlier.. none of Iowa's delegates have been assigned at all. The District Convention is in March. ALL the numbers you see regarding delegates in Iowa have been nothing more than MSM estimates.

torchbearer
01-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Iowa really decided delegates in March or June. Those numbers are projections...but since Ron Paul won Jefferson County, he may get as many as 4+.

jmbrewr
01-19-2008, 10:15 AM
I am one of the Clinton county delegates. No State delegates have been chosen. I believe though I'm not 100% sure but as I said I believe that the state delegates will be chosen at our county meetings held on March 8th here in Clinton county. I believe the delegates from the county goes on to the state convention where the final delegate process will commence. I think I may be missing a step in the process but I believe that this is how it works.

DAFTEK
01-19-2008, 10:27 AM
I was asked by a Ron Paul observer to sign up as a delegate in Dubuque wich i did but this was my first time at a caucus so im not sure what happens next.