PDA

View Full Version : MLK Money Bomb Damage Control

FreeTraveler
01-15-2008, 06:27 AM
I see two possible outcomes from this money bomb.

1) We raise little money. The MSM spins it that Dr. Paul's supporters are racist.

2) We raise a ton of cash. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson spin it that a bunch of racists used the reputation of "a great man" to defraud people and collect money for an old, white, male candidate. The King Foundation sues for some of the money, since permission to use the name was never obtained.

Either way, we're hurt badly. Does anybody really see a better scenario? I'd like a silver lining to raise my spirits. Is there some way we can come out looking good here?

Ranger29860
01-15-2008, 06:28 AM
LOL there not gona report on it either way at worst fox will try something but beyond that i doubt anything wil come of the money bomb this one isnt geared for publicity

Airborn
01-15-2008, 06:29 AM
no, either way, Paul gets the money he needs. Plus either way I don't see the media spinning it at all.

ladyliberty
01-15-2008, 06:31 AM
no, either way, Paul gets the money he needs. Plus either way I don't see the media spinning it at all.

+1

jaumen
01-15-2008, 06:46 AM

1) We raise little money. The MSM spins it that Dr. Paul's supporters are racist.

2) We raise a ton of cash. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson spin it that a bunch of racists used the reputation of "a great man" to defraud people and collect money for an old, white, male candidate. The King Foundation sues for some of the money, since permission to use the name was never obtained.

Either way, we're hurt badly. Does anybody really see a better scenario? I'd like a silver lining to raise my spirits. Is there some way we can come out looking good here?

Ummmm.... No one own the "rights" to use the name of a historical figure. That's public domain.

Dave Wood
01-15-2008, 06:55 AM
The money drive starts on the 17th and ends on MLK day. Hardly a reason to blame anything on MLK day. It wont be a problem. If we dont raise ANY money, now THATS a problem.

BuddyRey
01-15-2008, 07:31 AM
2) We raise a ton of cash. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson spin it that a bunch of racists used the reputation of "a great man" to defraud people and collect money for an old, white, male candidate.

Al Sharpton is a huckster and an opportunist, whom nobody with an ounce of credibility in the media takes seriously anymore. Al Sharpton attacking us as racists (while, ironically, preying on white guilt and applying his own brand of racist identity politics) would only help our cause, and the cause Dr. King fought for.

coboman
01-15-2008, 09:38 AM
I got another scenario: we raise whatever amount of money and MSM ignores us completely.

Ron Paul is not news anymore. Nobody is talking about him, not even when he polls above Giuliani.

LukeNM
01-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Some of you guys think too much - just donate! Let's win this thing...

Joe3113
01-15-2008, 09:41 AM
I expect it will raise 1-2 million....which is OK considering a lot of money is being spent on grassroots projects at the moment.

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 09:42 AM

That's one.

Real simple FreeTraveler, just donate today and not worry about it.

liberty_Forever
01-15-2008, 09:43 AM
yeah, don't overthink it! =)

parke
01-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Al Sharpton is a huckster and an opportunist, whom nobody with an ounce of credibility in the media takes seriously anymore. Al Sharpton attacking us as racists (while, ironically, preying on white guilt and applying his own brand of racist identity politics) would only help our cause, and the cause Dr. King fought for.

+10000000000

Ernest
01-15-2008, 11:07 AM
whom nobody with an ounce of credibility in the media takes seriously anymore

I agree that AS is a racist ass. However Al Sharton is a media darling particualrly to stir up the masses and play the race game. Hell he has his own radio show. But people will run around in circles over RP being called a racist. G. Qrwell would be proud.