PDA

View Full Version : Well this kinda sucks

Ranger29860
01-15-2008, 06:11 AM
i was spose to be onleave before saturday for i could vote in SC primary but my leave is getting pushed back to friday afternoon so now i gotta make a 15-20 hour drive all at once to go vote

thats alot of redbulls

nosebruise
01-15-2008, 06:44 AM
shit, man.

well cheers to that. that takes some hard principles.
i'd buy ya a beer if i was in the area.

(but not while you were driving.)

Ranger29860
01-15-2008, 06:50 AM
shit, man.

well cheers to that. that takes some hard principles.
i'd buy ya a beer if i was in the area.

(but not while you were driving.)

i got to go talk to my 1st seargent today and see if i can leave a couple days early but i dont think me needing to vote in a primary is gonna sway him

slamhead
01-15-2008, 06:55 AM
Absentee ballot?

Ranger29860
01-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Absentee ballot?

i was in iraq at the time i decided not to get one i was told i would be on leave by the 19th i just found out yesterday thats true

ill be able to leave on the 18th at night :(

Theres no online form that i could find for south carolina so by the time i get the paperwork sent here itl be to late to mail it back (military mail takes forever)

acptulsa
01-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Disenfranchising someone who's laying everything on the line for this nation is beyond a crime. Same thing with the caucus states.

With all respect, you're wrong. It doesn't "kinda" suck. It bites hard.

Maybe if you lie about (or just don't say) who you're voting for, a call to your local district congressman would get you an absentee ballot. Worth a phone call?

Ranger29860
01-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Disenfranchising someone who's laying everything on the line for this nation is beyond a crime. Same thing with the caucus states.

With all respect, you're wrong. It doesn't "kinda" suck. It bites hard.

Maybe if you lie about (or just don't say) who you're voting for, a call to your local district congressman would get you an absentee ballot. Worth a phone call?

if my first seargent comes thru ill be set ill leave tommorow

as for the caucus that got me thinking it really does screw over service members that is something that needs to be brought up

nc4rp
01-15-2008, 07:26 AM
you dont think its anything as sinister as a planned move to block Pauls military support from casting a vote? just speculation.

stewie3128
01-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Maybe saying that you'd like to go vote for a veteran who's going to bring your boys home might help?

Ranger29860
01-15-2008, 07:31 AM
you dont think its anything as sinister as a planned move to block Pauls military support from casting a vote? just speculation.

lol i dont think its as bad as that just bad timing

acptulsa
01-15-2008, 07:57 AM
lol i dont think its as bad as that just bad timing

Keep those good thoughts, Ranger. Where you're going you don't need any distractions at all. We'll be trying our best to keep them honest about your benefits so you're either getting what you've earned when you get back home to stay or we'll be waging a little war of our own!

Xenophage
01-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Hey man, don't kill yourself! lol!

I really commend you if you decide to make that drive, but I won't blame you if you don't ;P