PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Signs Need to Start Displaying The Issues, Not Just "Vote Ron Paul"...

Sentinelrv
01-15-2008, 02:16 AM
I got this from the following thread, but felt it should be displayed here mostly...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89720

We're starting to get name recognition, but let's say I was somebody who didn't know who Ron Paul was and then saw supporters holding signs that said "Vote Ron Paul." My question would be why should I vote for Ron Paul. These standard signs aren't doing much to answer that question for people, and instead only focus on name recognition. We need start getting signs out there that give reasons for people to vote for him. We need to bring Paul's stances to the people, instead of making them search for the info themselves, which a lot of people won't bother. This could have an extreme effect on whether they were to go look him up. It would give them a reason to find out more on Ron paul.

We need to have standard sign such as:

Vote Ron Paul: End The War!
Vote Ron Paul: End Income Tax!
Vote Ron Paul: End The IRS!
Vote Ron Paul: Save The Dollar!
Vote Ron Paul: Stop Illegal Aliens!
Vote Ron Paul: Restore The Constitution!

The standard "Vote Ron Paul" sign just doesn't cut it anymore, and only helps with name recognition. We need to switch them out and start covering the issues to educate people on Ron Paul's stances. Who is the main supplier of these signs, because we need to get the word out to them to change their strategy.

Mopsus
01-15-2008, 02:32 AM
Couldn't agree more. We must differentiate ourselves without sounding nutty.

I, my wife and our 4 year old son take walks after work. I want to print up a jacket for him that says "My mommy and daddy love me. Vote Ron Paul 2008. Find out why."

Thoughts?

McDermit
01-15-2008, 02:35 AM
Couldn't agree more. We must differentiate ourselves without sounding nutty.

I, my wife and our 4 year old son take walks after work. I want to print up a jacket for him that says "My mommy and daddy love me. Vote Ron Paul 2008. Find out why."

Thoughts?

I don't get it?

Sentinelrv
01-15-2008, 02:36 AM
I just emailed the campaign about this. I explained it all and told them they need to update their selection of signs in their store to support this.

givmeliberty
01-15-2008, 02:40 AM
I think it's a great idea. Some people will not agree. My girls have learned alot about Ron Paul and our Constitutional rights since this campaign started. When they first wanted to wear RP buttons and shirts... I thought about it.

What better reason to stand for truth and justice than our children? I love to see kids with their parents, holding Ron Paul signs, etc... we're doing this for them. Our meetup group last night had several kids from 2-12.

We let them wear shirts that say Gap and American Eagle... I think a Ron Paul shirt is a lot more meaningful.

Just my two cents.:D

Mopsus
01-15-2008, 02:50 AM
I don't get it?

I was going for the the "why does this family support Ron Paul for the sake of their kid angle."

May need more tweeking than I thought if the curiosity isn't getting through. We need to get the voting public to get off of their asses and do some homework on the doc. Soundbites work for the "sexy" candidates but, RP requires intelligence and some research to truly appreciate his genius.

exer51
01-15-2008, 03:01 AM
I've been saying this for awhile. It needs to spread like wildfire. All of RPs ads and everything make him sound like another run of the mill republican. WE NEED TO BE DARING.

rfbz
01-15-2008, 03:15 AM
patriot act, wiretapping, internet regulation

nosebruise
01-15-2008, 03:31 AM
i agree with this...

but at the same time i'd be careful about the slogan. if you just say "end the IRS!" or something some people might get turned off because it sounds radical and "kooky" as a sound bite.

something like

Vote Ron Paul: Bring the troops home NOW!
Vote Ron Paul: Why pay Income Tax?
Vote Ron Paul: Do we really need the IRS?
Vote Ron Paul: Save the border!

it kinda gets people questioning the points instead of seeming like a weird protest maybe. and maybe have them look him up to see how he plans to accomplish these things.

Mopsus
01-15-2008, 03:49 AM
KISS. Keep it simple stupid. This is a sales job, not a poly sci class. Get their butts in the seats and then educate them.

AceNZ
01-15-2008, 04:30 AM
I agree that the signs should change. However, I think focusing on the issues is a mistake. Unlike the people on this forum, most people don't really care about the issues. They react emotionally to candidates, based on things that have a direct effect on them. How about something more along the lines of:

Restore the Trust
Privacy is your Right
End the Iraq Occupation
Stop the Theft
Inflation is Theft

SilentBull
01-15-2008, 07:01 AM
I've been saying this for awhile. It needs to spread like wildfire. All of RPs ads and everything make him sound like another run of the mill republican. WE NEED TO BE DARING.

I've been saying the same thing, but people don't get it. Everyone should have been doing this RIGHT FROM THE START!! We would have had a much better chance.

SilentBull
01-15-2008, 07:02 AM
I agree that the signs should change. However, I think focusing on the issues is a mistake. Unlike the people on this forum, most people don't really care about the issues. They react emotionally to candidates, based on things that have a direct effect on them. How about something more along the lines of:

Restore the Trust
Privacy is your Right
End the Iraq Occupation
Stop the Theft
Inflation is Theft

I think everyone knows that they pay income tax. That's an easy one and people would like that.

acptulsa
01-15-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm about to make one of my own in advance of our super Tuesday primary. Mine will mimic the old script that the Constitution is written in (see the top of this website) and will read:

We the People need
Ron Paul

I'm looking for parchment-yellow poster board.

RollOn2day
01-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Great suggestions! I will be altering the signs I'm making to convey the message more!

robert4rp08
01-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Agreed. That's why home made signs are the best.

Sentinelrv
01-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Bump

alexa doherty
01-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Agreed! This should have been done a along time ago but istead we have a bunch of liberal pansies on here who are worried that they won't be pc anymore!
Fucking idiots. The country is falling appart. What you said in the post below should have been shouted out by the entire campaign and the entire grassroots the last 6 months non stop.

I got this from the following thread, but felt it should be displayed here mostly...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89720

We're starting to get name recognition, but let's say I was somebody who didn't know who Ron Paul was and then saw supporters holding signs that said "Vote Ron Paul." My question would be why should I vote for Ron Paul. These standard signs aren't doing much to answer that question for people, and instead only focus on name recognition. We need start getting signs out there that give reasons for people to vote for him. We need to bring Paul's stances to the people, instead of making them search for the info themselves, which a lot of people won't bother. This could have an extreme effect on whether they were to go look him up. It would give them a reason to find out more on Ron paul.

We need to have standard sign such as:

Vote Ron Paul: End The War!
Vote Ron Paul: End Income Tax!
Vote Ron Paul: End The IRS!
Vote Ron Paul: Stop Illegal Aliens!

The standard "Vote Ron Paul" sign just doesn't cut it anymore, and only helps with name recognition. We need to switch them out and start covering the issues to educate people on Ron Paul's stances. Who is the main supplier of these signs, because we need to get the word out to them to change their strategy.

BillyFromPhilly
01-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Its a great idea, a second wave. First we had to get his his name out there and now we hit them with the ideals of the campaign. A few that I just came up with ( I think the message should be first followed by the RP tagline for impact personally):

Keep the government out of your pockets | Vote Ron Paul!

Keep Lobbyists off of your tax dollars | Vote Ron Paul!

Remember Freedom? | Vote Ron Paul!

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson would Vote Ron Paul!

work2win
01-15-2008, 09:35 PM
I've been doing this for a while with a few issues stencils. I used pre-cut coroplast blanks from this website: http://www.harborsales.net

Some good points have been made about using emotional slogans rather than issues. Now that we have the exit polling results, we have seen just how many impulse voters there are out there. I no longer think that a meaningless slogan like "save the economy" would be a waste. In fact, that just might be what works.

Some Ideas:
-save the economy
-support the troops
-a stronger defense
-take back our country

exer51
01-15-2008, 09:39 PM
I've been saying the same thing, but people don't get it. Everyone should have been doing this RIGHT FROM THE START!! We would have had a much better chance.

Seriously. What I wish more than anything is that someone had come up with the money bomb like 6 months ago. That's what really kicked RP off into the stratosphere. Oh well. We need to all start doing them NOW because it's much better than a generic Rp2008 sign.