PDA

View Full Version : People taking your signs? use Crisco!

jorger
01-15-2008, 01:09 AM
so i've been hearing a lot of other campaigns are taking RP signs...

step 1. put up sign.
step 2. in a windex bottle or any spray bottle, fill it with crisco or any other oil.
Reason.... if they try to put in their car its going to be messy

sure some people will take out signs, but its going to be a dirty job from now on...

LandonCook
01-15-2008, 01:43 AM
ROFL, good idea

unloud
01-15-2008, 01:57 AM
I love this. :-D

jasonjasonjason1
01-15-2008, 01:59 AM
aa

Agent CSL
OMG such a good idea!

pacelli
Honey works exceptionally well too, just wear some disposable latex gloves when you smear it on.

McDermit
01-15-2008, 02:28 AM
Honey works exceptionally well too, just wear some disposable latex gloves when you smear it on.

ahaha, if I did that here, we'd have bears stealing our signs instead of the cops!

RonPizzle
01-15-2008, 02:33 AM
C'mon now, jasonjasonjason1, saying a Ron Paul sign is technically littering is the same as saying anything that's outside is littering. Consider the context of littering, and then consider the context of a Ron Paul sign.

Hence, Ron Paul signs aren't trash.

HillbillyDan
01-15-2008, 03:43 AM
I prefer spotted owl dung, but yes, crisco would work.

Revolution9
01-15-2008, 03:55 AM
Don't forget that most people who take 'em down aren't against RP, they're doing their job. Technically, it's littering.

Bow down before the one you serve. The people defining RP signs as such are technically metaphysical reprobates. They themselves are litter on the mindscape of man.

HTH
Randy

RonPaulCentral
01-15-2008, 05:25 AM
I created a spray mixture of oil and Pure Cap. Pure Cap for those that don't know is a pure pepper extract of capsaisin which is what makes hot peppers hot. This stuff is dispensed with an eye dropper and is VERY STRONG. So not only do they get oil filled capsaisin on their hands but they get one hell of a surprise when the take a pee or rub their face. It also keeps animals away. Good stuff! Makes great chili too :p

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/purecap.html

ronpaulfollower999
01-15-2008, 05:30 AM
I had mine taken a few days ago, ended up near my neighbors house. They also took my neighbors chain.

alexa doherty
01-15-2008, 05:55 AM
I created a spray mixture of oil and Pure Cap. Pure Cap for those that don't know is a pure pepper extract of capsaisin which is what makes hot peppers hot. This stuff is dispensed with an eye dropper and is VERY STRONG. So not only do they get oil filled capsaisin on their hands but they get one hell of a surprise when the take a pee or rub their face. It also keeps animals away. Good stuff! Makes great chili too :p

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/purecap.html

lol I good one!

I wonder if pepper spray works well?

noztnac
01-15-2008, 06:06 AM

RonPaulCentral
01-15-2008, 06:11 AM
lol I good one!

I wonder if pepper spray works well?

It does if you are hiding in the bushes and ambush the "sign bandit" when they come to do their evil deeds. :D

govtpigII
01-15-2008, 06:13 AM

Cinci4RP
01-15-2008, 06:15 AM
Don't forget that most people who take 'em down aren't against RP, they're doing their job. Technically, it's littering.

What? You can put a sign on your own property (unless you live in Florida)

Technically, in Texas, if someone trespasses on your property and touches your sign, you can shoot 'em right?

Kidding. If we are putting them up in public places them expect they will be removed.

As far as vandalism by supporters of other candidates, it happens too. I know, there are 4 "Hillary" signs under my deck from her first Senate Run :cool:

Copernicus
01-15-2008, 06:25 AM
Good idea!
Here in St. Pete I only put them up on Friday after 6PM and take them down Sunday night.
During the week the city will confiscate them so they are safe from the city on the weekend.
But if I forget I've noticed they will not take other signs only ours.
The problem is they are also being removed during the weekend by
other campaigns or people that simply don't like Dr.Paul.
I bet I've lost 2 dozen signs so far that way.

Macon, GA
01-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Hunters for Ron Paul.... Go to your local sporting goods store and purchase some fox urine. I guarantee nobody will touch your signs. Just make sure that you are aware of which way the wind is blowing before you spray your sign...........

Time for Change
01-15-2008, 07:37 AM
exactly. Mix some nasty smelling stuff with the oil.
When they place the signs in their car, the oil / scent mixture will penetrate their fabric / leather and last a while.
if they are going to be nasty, they might as well experience it!

hehe

thechitowncubs
01-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Did this yesterday, can't wait for the idiot to get goobed by a huge layer of vaseline.

mosquitobite
01-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Good idea!
Here in St. Pete I only put them up on Friday after 6PM and take them down Sunday night.
During the week the city will confiscate them so they are safe from the city on the weekend.
But if I forget I've noticed they will not take other signs only ours.
The problem is they are also being removed during the weekend by
other campaigns or people that simply don't like Dr.Paul.
I bet I've lost 2 dozen signs so far that way.

Interesting!!

bucfish
01-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Oil or vaseline mixed with fox pee and pepper oil. Interesting maybe that is the secret to catch a thief!!!

RonPaulCentral
01-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Oil or vaseline mixed with fox pee and pepper oil. Interesting maybe that is the secret to catch a thief!!!

Ewwwwwwwwwwww.... You would need a gasmask on while mixing it up... and you would want to make sure it was WELL SEALED while out setting up your signs. LOL

"Fox Pee and Pepper Oil - The Patriots Brew" :D

acptulsa
01-15-2008, 08:10 AM
The nice thing about the cooking oil is that it also serves to waterproof your sign against the rain.

Mental Dribble
01-15-2008, 08:11 AM

Thats only partly true. Most states allow for political signs going into a campaign.

AEMsupra
01-15-2008, 08:55 AM
i saw someone stealing one of ron pauls sign when i was driving to school

LinkClan
01-15-2008, 08:59 AM
A police officer told me once, if you have a property leak you should use Henerys 401. They won't do it again.

Mani
01-15-2008, 09:29 AM

It's not littering if you take your sign back after the primary.

MikeStanart
01-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Someone said this in another thread:

To make sure your RP sign doesn't get stolen; make sure and put this sign next to it.

http://www.antiranjaudarat.or.id/img/skull.gif

heh, joking of course; some soccer mom would totally call the cops on you for that.

jorger
01-15-2008, 11:36 AM
A police officer told me once, if you have a property leak you should use Henerys 401. They won't do it again.

what's "Henerys 401"?

jenninlouisiana
01-15-2008, 11:40 AM
same question.... henerys 401?

yongrel
01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Bearspray is very effective, I've found.

acptulsa
01-15-2008, 12:38 PM
what's "Henerys 401"?

Henry's makes things like glue for wood flooring. What the exact properties of 401 are I don't know...

asgardshill
01-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Urushiol oil concentrate, which is the active ingredient in poison ivy, works wonders to deter sign stealers. They can take one but their hands will be so full of blisters a few hours later they won't be taking any more.

Here's how to distill urushiol oil from poison ivy (http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1310821) (many locales are lousy with the stuff). Safety first - DON'T TOUCH the stuff or anything used to make it yourself, and invest in AND USE 3 or 4 pairs of those thick dishwashing gloves while making it.

ValidusCustodiae
01-15-2008, 01:08 PM

I don't see how it's littering as long as the signs don't stay up past election season. All the laws that supposedly limit the amount of time before an election during which signage can be placed are ridiculous. If someone wants to get an early start they should be able to.

fedup100
01-15-2008, 01:13 PM
so i've been hearing a lot of other campaigns are taking RP signs...

step 1. put up sign.
step 2. in a windex bottle or any spray bottle, fill it with crisco or any other oil.
Reason.... if they try to put in their car its going to be messy

sure some people will take out signs, but its going to be a dirty job from now on...

dog shit on the edges works too!

unloud
01-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Bump

Crickett
01-16-2008, 12:14 AM
I love this. :-D

Ditto..they took down the only BIG one I had. If I ever get another I would slather lard all over the back of it next time..course, then the racoons or the deer would knock 'em down..

Crickett
01-16-2008, 12:16 AM
Bow down before the one you serve. The people defining RP signs as such are technically metaphysical reprobates. They themselves are litter on the mindscape of man.

HTH
Randy

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOLLO L

Terrific comment. I am speechless..

Jojo
01-16-2008, 12:19 AM
dog shit on the edges works too!

LOL

Tiger balm will work. Burn baby burn!
Or invisible ink, something that won't come of for a couple weeks.
Edit: is there an invisible ink that will show on your hands once you touch it? If not, I guess I made that up!

Crickett
01-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Well, they took my big one. The next day I put up a smaller one, in a little different place, right next to some short real estate signs pointing down the street. Next time I looked, they had snatched ALL the signs up--even the real estate ones that had been there for MONTHS.

Crickett
01-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Someone said this in another thread:

To make sure your RP sign doesn't get stolen; make sure and put this sign next to it.

http://www.antiranjaudarat.or.id/img/skull.gif

heh, joking of course; some soccer mom would totally call the cops on you for that.

I.m gonna call the city and county tomorrow and find out what the legal buzz is. I have been putting it off..that is worth just sticking on the back of the sign with the lard..its sooo funny,,,

Crickett
01-16-2008, 12:27 AM

After they took that big sign, if I ever get another one I changed my mind.. I am going to get out my latex gloves and smear dog crap all over it...put a note on the back of it saying danger..dogshit with tapeworms, Steal this sign.

Crickett
01-16-2008, 12:29 AM
I prefer spotted owl dung, but yes, crisco would work.

LOL! We are on the same page here! :)

Crickett
01-16-2008, 12:31 AM
It does if you are hiding in the bushes and ambush the "sign bandit" when they come to do their evil deeds. :D

My gosh guys..I am having the most fun in this thread! Every other post is cracking me up! You all are so funny,,

Crickett
01-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Hunters for Ron Paul.... Go to your local sporting goods store and purchase some fox urine. I guarantee nobody will touch your signs. Just make sure that you are aware of which way the wind is blowing before you spray your sign...........

Does it smell really awful? I dunno..I think a bad smell may turn voters off.

Crickett
01-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Did this yesterday, can't wait for the idiot to get goobed by a huge layer of vaseline.

Put a sign on the back that says "warning. This mixture is urine and vaseline and strong capsacian pepper. Steal this sign."

ninepointfive
01-16-2008, 12:37 AM
dont put poison ivy on it. maybe a supporter will take it for themself

Crickett
01-16-2008, 12:37 AM
The nice thing about the cooking oil is that it also serves to waterproof your sign against the rain.

I never thought of that..no matter what you put on the back of it, a fine spray of oil all over it sure couldn't hurt.

Crickett
01-16-2008, 12:38 AM

What is THAT? What does it do? Where do you get it? How much does it cost?

DAFTEK
01-16-2008, 12:40 AM
Someone stoled my bumper sticker :mad: I got RP signs on the inside of my windows so the RP sign in the yard doesn't quite stick out anymore :D