PDA

View Full Version : Campaign needs your help!!!!!!

Gigaplex
07-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Current estimates are at 500-2000 votes for the straw poll. This means we are at risk of getting last place. If we do get last place, this campaign is over. We will not get the funding anymore, not get invited to the debates and the media will start ignoring us again like in the beginning. If you come to Iowa on August 11, you will not be helping us get votes. On August 11, everyone has their mind made up. It will certainly help create a more favorable impression on the news to have you here and we definately need people to come but it will make little difference if we don't have the votes.

The sad part is we have an opportunity to save the campaign this weekend and no one seems willing to help. Hopefully there are people willing to help and my messages are just getting buried. I have 13,000 DVDs in nice professional movie cases that are completely focused on Ron Paul and the straw poll that need to be distributed THIS weekend to people in Ames. We have flown someone in (Jen Solt) to help manage the distribution. We even put a website up to help with out of state coordination in general (paulforall.com). These are straw poll DVDs and so will be useless after the straw poll. Currently, we don't have enough people to pass them out and thousands of dollars may go to waste. Having to throw away thousands of DVDs that could have got us thousands of votes at the straw poll will prove that we couldn't translate internet support into support on the ground.

Sorry for the harsh reality check but that is where we stand and it would hurt us more if I pretended everything was okay. Please help us turn this around and come to Iowa THIS weekend. If too many people come and we get done early (doubtful) there is plenty else we can do to get straw poll votes.

These DVDs are vital. They will either save us from getting last place or they will bump us into the next tier. Here's a link to the movie if you haven't seen it:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...24646717174405

We will have someone at brookside park in Ames, Iowa from 8am to 8pm this Saturday and Sunday. You can come any time you like in this range and work for as long as you'd like. We are just there to give you maps that show what needs to be done and provide you with DVDs and the sacks to put them in. We will have everything you need.

The address of the park is:
Brookside Park
1325 6th st
Ames, IA

The DVDs will go out to the people of Ames. It really needs to happen this weekend. Next weekend is the debate and we will be busy with that, plus it doesn't give people enough time to watch it because the debate is only a week away from the straw poll. It needs to happen THIS weekend. Please come. I've worked too hard to let the campaign die now! These DVDs can save the campaign and maybe even establish first tier status!!!!

Please let Jen know if you are coming. Here email is jen@paulforall.com

Thanks,
Jeff

BLS
07-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Gigaplex, I agree, and I'm sorry but I cannot help you this weekend.
I leave Thursday for my first vacation in 4 years.

I agree that there really seems to be alot of talk, and not much walk around the meetups, online, etc lately.

Shatterhand
07-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Gigaplex,

I will try to spread the word!

Johnnybags
himself, he needs to be there asap delivering fire and brimstone speaches on Debt,inflation,economy,war,illegalimmigration etc. He need to start wagging that finger like in the cnn debate. The red carpet is out, he needs to show up,NOW!!!!!!!!!
Even Buchanan,who likes him said he needs to speak with fire.

Dustancostine
Gig, I am also sorry that I cannot go right now. I am going to try my hardest to make it there by the 4th and stay until the 12th, but that depends on factors that are not in my hands. But before then I hope to get another 250 letters out and hopefully 50 calls.

Keep up the good fight.

--Dustan

Bradley in DC
07-25-2007, 10:49 AM
The campaign will survive and thrive post-Ames, no matter what.

beermotor
07-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah, I completely disagree. The campaign has over a million bucks in the bank, which can easily pay for a year long campaign. Again, folks, remember what's important here. Getting the message out there is critical. You may lose a few battles, but we will win the war. Eyes on the prize, people. This is, of course, not an excuse to do nothing. Everybody must do their part to spread the message. It sells itself!

Slugg
07-25-2007, 10:52 AM

Yeah, but it would be a catapult like no other this early on.

Shatterhand
07-25-2007, 10:53 AM

Well, it sounds like Gigaplex and the others have put in a lot of hard work and effort. And I agree with Gigaplex. If Dr. Paul finishes last then it's over. Time to get busy with grass roots action.

BLS
07-25-2007, 10:54 AM
himself, he needs to be there asap delivering fire and brimstone speaches on Debt,inflation,economy,war,illegalimmigration etc. He need to start wagging that finger like in the cnn debate. The red carpet is out, he needs to show up,NOW!!!!!!!!!
Even Buchanan,who likes him said he needs to speak with fire.

What the hell does that have to do with Gig's 13,000 DVD's?
He's got campaign material ready to be handed out.

JoshLowry
07-25-2007, 10:54 AM
You will see a lot of people in town from the 5th to the 11th that are going to want to help.

I'll be there with about 5 other Houstonians.

All the DVD's will get out, I promise!

I also changed the thread title, it was a bit sensationalist.

Don't want to give anyone a heart attack. ;)

jblosser
07-25-2007, 10:55 AM
The campaign will no doubt continue but we will be put on the defensive instead of the offensive to get coverage. We are claiming our real support is larger than what is being reported by the MSM. Ames is where we can prove that. If we can't prove it, we can't claim it.

BLS
07-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I completely disagree. The campaign has over a million bucks in the bank, which can easily pay for a year long campaign. Again, folks, remember what's important here. Getting the message out there is critical. You may lose a few battles, but we will win the war. Eyes on the prize, people. This is, of course, not an excuse to do nothing. Everybody must do their part to spread the message. It sells itself!

I don't agree that the campaign is over, I'm just surprised that nobody will step up to help him.

I feel like a hypocrite for even saying this stuff, because I cannot attend, I feel like I shouldn't say anything, but nonetheless, he has alot of money and time invested, and it's all for the right reasons, and I'm baffled that he can't find people to help him hand them out.

Bruehound
07-25-2007, 10:57 AM
I share your deep frustration Jeff, and why you were prompted to make a 'tough love' post. Please bear in mind however, that is was that exact same tone put out in a MeetUp email that Beltram used in SC to take a cheap shot at RP in the local media.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Gigaplex.... I cannot be there in person -- but I am sending thousands and thousands of flyers and trifolds, so I am helping as I can.... from Los Angeles.

Also, did all the meetups get contacted in that general area and beyond?

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm on the other side of the country but I am mailing letters. Have you contacted the meetups in Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, South Dakota, Chicago, etc?

Birdlady
07-25-2007, 11:04 AM
I am unable to attend this because I live in PA, but my husband and I are mailing 500 letters!

I am pretty frustrated right now too because people in my area aren't motivated whatsoever to do anything that involves talking to people. /sigh

No one understands the importance of IOWA.

BLS
07-25-2007, 11:05 AM
ontact Jeff Yager (Iowa Ron Paul MeetUp) ASAP:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/115/

Contact Valek from the Kansas City Area MeetUp ASAP:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/43/?gj=sj5

He is taking 40-50 people to Iowa. You could easily give those guys 1,000 DVDs.

Also contact Jeremie Bellenir:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/347/?gj=sj5

He can get those DVDs to people in Iowa and beyond.

Forward this email to your friend ASAP.

Corey

This was sent to me by our local meetup organizer. Contact these folks ASAP!

Slugg
07-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Bump...I really wish I could go up there...but sadly I am stuck till November.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 11:19 AM
I don't disagree that Iowa is very important, but we must understand we are immersed in a rigged and skewed political system, don't automatically give weight to every thing you have been told about what really matters.

This campaign is breaking the mold and it will probably break with tradition in many respects. Some traditions need to be dispensed with because they serve only to support the status quo or the lazy media's method of pigeon holing candidates.

Look at it rationally, why would a straw poll objectively have any value this early on when it comes to determining the best candidate?

The answer is that there is absolutely no real value, only a subjective one.

Give any myth, legend, superstition or tradition weight via enough believers, it can have impact, but it doesn't mean it is legitimate.

ghemminger
07-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks Gigaplex...you have to understand....maybe I'm a typical "new" RP supporter....I just found out about him 3 weeks ago...I have Daily Rallies for him in SoCal....I wish I could be out there right now.....I have a job, kids to feed and maybe 4 days I could get out to Iowa to show support.....everything you are saying is making sense....please if you are near gigaplex..(please help out)

You should be passing out those CD's on a busy street corner.....we gave out 100 flyers that way in about an hour.....I have also been promoting the Adopt-An-Iowan program....are you coordinating with that group?

jblosser
07-25-2007, 11:25 AM
I don't disagree that Iowa is very important, but we must understand we are immersed in a rigged and skewed political system, don't automatically give weight to every thing you have been told about what really matters.

This campaign is breaking the mold and it will probably break with tradition in many respects. Some traditions need to be dispensed with because they serve only to support the status quo or the lazy media's method of pigeon holing candidates.

Look at it rationally, why would a straw poll objectively have any value this early on when it comes to determining the best candidate?

The answer is that there is absolutely no real value, only a subjective one.

Give any myth, legend, superstition or tradition weight via enough believers, it can have impact, but it doesn't mean it is legitimate.

Good luck with that argument when arguing with the media why they should cover Ron Paul after a poor Ames performance.

We aren't dealing with objectivity, we're dealing with a media who wants to tell people who the front-runners are.

ARealConservative
07-25-2007, 11:26 AM
hmmmm.

I need to check with my family, but I will try to make it up this weekend.

The truth is the far away Iowa meetups are seeing reality - no Ron Paul means no chance of success. We started out strong, but the writing is on the wall at this point. The only portion of Iowa that is getting any attention is the Ames/Des Moines area. Which makes sense given the proximity but it really takes a bite out of the enthusiasm when all but a small portion of the state is ignored.

RP08
07-25-2007, 11:26 AM
In the video, is this typo' intentional?:

"augutst"

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/4373/augutstia3.jpg

paulitics
07-25-2007, 11:27 AM
I agree, he will be kicked out of the debates, if there is a poor showing effectively ending the campaign. This is a big deal.

Rocky Mtn Liberty Lover
07-25-2007, 11:30 AM
FYI, here are the results from the 1999 Straw Poll and a link to the CNN article:

Bush 7418 31
Forbes 4921 21
Dole 3410 14
Bauer 2114 9
Buchanan 1719 7
Alexander 1428 6
Keyes 1101 5
Quayle 916 4
Hatch 558 2
McCain 83 --
Kasich 9 --
Smith 8 --

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/08/14/iowa.saturday.02/

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Good luck with that argument when arguing with the media why they should cover Ron Paul after a poor Ames performance.

We aren't dealing with objectivity, we're dealing with a media who wants to tell people who the front-runners are.

I hear you, but it's indicative of things that must be changed.

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 11:37 AM
I agree, he will be kicked out of the debates, if there is a poor showing effectively ending the campaign. This is a big deal.

I agree. If we do not succeed in the straw poll, it is over

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 11:38 AM

It will only be truly over if all Paul's supporters leave him after a bad showing in Iowa.

ARealConservative
07-25-2007, 11:39 AM
It will only be truly over if all Paul's supporters leave him after a bad showing in Iowa.

they wont leave him but enthusiasm for meetup groups will tank. the grassroots movement will go up in flames.

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 11:39 AM

There's really no other big poll/debate for awhile after that Straw Poll. This is a turning point in our campaign. It is up to us and Dr. Paul which way we will turn

Noodles
07-25-2007, 11:44 AM
One thing I want all you quitters to know:

IOWA DOES NOT SPEAK FOR ME!

Syren123
07-25-2007, 11:44 AM

I just can't believe that.

How can the Iowa straw poll hold ANY weight when the two supposed 'front runners' aren't even in it? If they're so out front and not even on the ballot, that would render the results completely useless, one would think.

Maybe thinking isn't really helpful in this case.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Listen folks, Ron Paul's campaign is no less than a revolution in our country.

Rules are in the process of being re-written and the old stale barriers made to lock out the people's voice will have to be over turned.

STOP swallowing the mythical bullshit of the status quo. Iowa is important, every godamned thing in this election is important. I want us to do great in Iowa but defeatist attitudes that place such statist traditions on a lofty pedestal to measure our success, I do not respect.

An Iowa Straw Poll doesn't speak for me, or you in any objective manner.

You may as well believe in bad luck if you break a mirror, it's the same line of reasoning and can be equally as powerful as a self-fulfilling prophecy!

ARealConservative
07-25-2007, 12:01 PM
I just can't believe that.

How can the Iowa straw poll hold ANY weight when the two supposed 'front runners' aren't even in it? If they're so out front and not even on the ballot, that would render the results completely useless, one would think.

Maybe thinking isn't really helpful in this case.

If we finish dead last, it's over. This would mean John Cox would finish ahead of us.

We are trying to create a sense of urgency here. Too many people seem comfortable that the revolution is stronger then the media is reporting.....it isn't. But the message is sound and could become a strong movement but finishing last will signal the end of the movement (at least for me)

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Well, keep saying it's over enough times and people will indeed make it so.

Craig_R
07-25-2007, 12:07 PM
I've never seen so much drama.

I'm just gonna keep spreading the word, I'll bite my nails when the primaries start.

ARealConservative
07-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Well, keep saying it's over enough times and people will indeed make it so.

this is a hypothetical.

If we finish dead last, its over.

How many phone calls have you made to Iowans? How many letters have you sent?

Have you tried to get a letter published in an Iowa paper?

Roxi
07-25-2007, 12:10 PM
im sorry we can't make it this weekend.... we have been mailing and calling iowans as well, and telling everyone here that if they have family in iowa please contact them we will be there for the straw poll

I also think that attendance at the straw poll is VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! the reason being is that there may be a couple thousand people attending that are on the fence with RP and someone else, or maybe they like RP the best but dont think he has a chance....but if thousands of people from out of state show up to support him it may make them realize he DOES have a chance and they might vote for him instead of the other guy...JMO

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 12:12 PM
If we finish dead last, its over.

Yes, that is hypothetical and non-constructive.

Ever watch Aliens, remember Hudson?

Game over man... Game over!

Not helpful.

ARealConservative
07-25-2007, 12:15 PM
im sorry we can't make it this weekend.... we have been mailing and calling iowans as well, and telling everyone here that if they have family in iowa please contact them we will be there for the straw poll

I also think that attendance at the straw poll is VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! the reason being is that there may be a couple thousand people attending that are on the fence with RP and someone else, or maybe they like RP the best but dont think he has a chance....but if thousands of people from out of state show up to support him it may make them realize he DOES have a chance and they might vote for him instead of the other guy...JMO

thanks.

I don't want people to get the wrong idea. We just have 17 days left so we are racheting up the urgency. We know people have lives and get more enjoyjment out of spreading the message in their own community.

All I can say is if we do well in Ames, everones life will be so much easier, but if we tank - it will be that much more difficult for you all.

In my mind, as long as we don't finish last - I'm treating it as a personal victory. But, we have spent less time in Iowa then every other candidate, so finishing last worries me.

mport1
07-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Every single person needs to help out in the Iowa effort. We cannot afford for you to sit back and do nothing.

ARealConservative
07-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Yes, that is hypothetical and non-constructive.

Ever watch Aliens, remember Hudson?

Game over man... Game over!

Not helpful.

it's only non constructive if it doesn't get people up out of their chairs and call someone or write someone.

Mail some Iowans. Call some Iowans. Come to Ames this weekend and spread DVD's. Adopt an Iowan. Mail a local Iowa Paper.

I can't shake this false sense of security coming from the forum. We are in jeapoardy of doing poorly in the poll and need help.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Just realize that this forum does not fully represent the whole of the effort on Ron Paul's behalf. I daresay most of the really hard working active supporters on the ground are away from their keyboards a lot, or at least from this website.

I respect what you are saying and stressing, but I would like to temper it with the idea that there is a sea change and it will impact what has heretofore been accepted as convention.

Jeremie in Minnesota
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Gigaplex.... I cannot be there in person -- but I am sending thousands and thousands of flyers and trifolds, so I am helping as I can.... from Los Angeles.

Also, did all the meetups get contacted in that general area and beyond?

The answer to that question is yes. Every organizer in the Iowa Border States Coalition, which includes Jeff Yager and Valek who are mentioned earlier in this thread, have been contacted. What they do with the information is up to them. My weekends between now and the Straw Poll are booked, but I am going to see what I can do to get me and a team of people there on Sunday.

I agree that we shouldn't be sensationalist and melodramatic. With that said, a good showing at this straw poll, (I want at the very least 3rd place), this campaign could struggle going forward.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm on the other side of the country but I am mailing letters. Have you contacted the meetups in Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, South Dakota, Chicago, etc?

Good idea.

tiznow
07-25-2007, 12:39 PM
The answer to that question is yes. Every organizer in the Iowa Border States Coalition, which includes Jeff Yager and Valek who are mentioned earlier in this thread, have been contacted. What they do with the information is up to them. My weekends between now and the Straw Poll are booked, but I am going to see what I can do to get me and a team of people there on Sunday.

I agree that we shouldn't be sensationalist and melodramatic. With that said, a good showing at this straw poll, (I want at the very least 3rd place), this campaign could struggle going forward.

he jeremie i'm co-organizer of the iowa city group that jeff is part of I will be going to ames to help on saturday for sure and i set up an event on both the cedar rapids and iowa city meetup sites i'll drag as many other along with me as i can. I also plan on taking some dvds back with me to distribute in my area on sunday and next week.

mport1
07-25-2007, 12:45 PM
I am so tired of people not actually working off the internet to help the campaign. My Meetup group has 350 members, and at the last few events I have been at, we have had ABOUT 5 PEOPLE SHOW UP! And some of these 5 leave early! We have got to be kidding ourselves if we think we have a shot with this poor showing.

I'm not trying to take away from the large number of people who have been doing great jobs, but these people are truly in the minority.

tiznow
07-25-2007, 12:47 PM
I am so tired of people not actually working off the internet to help the campaign. My Meetup group has 350 members, and at the last few events I have been at, we have had ABOUT 5 PEOPLE SHOW UP! And some of these 5 leave early! We have got to be kidding ourselves if we think we have a shot with this poor showing.

I'm not trying to take away from the large number of people who have been doing great jobs, but these people are truly in the minority.

yeah i'm seeing alot of this as well seems like we have a really good core group that is up for doing almost every event, but a vast majority its really hard to get them out and active. oh well in the end only motivates me to do more as i sense the urgency.

Lord Xar
07-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Just realize that this forum does not fully represent the whole of the effort on Ron Paul's behalf. I daresay most of the really hard working active supporters on the ground are away from their keyboards a lot, or at least from this website.

I respect what you are saying and stressing, but I would like to temper it with the idea that there is a sea change and it will impact what has heretofore been accepted as convention.

I agree.. that is why --- contacting meetup groups is essential.

I think that if people "just" come here for help - they ain't gonna get much as we are just a "slice" of the whole.

ARealConservative
07-25-2007, 12:58 PM
I agree.. that is why --- contacting meetup groups is essential.

I think that if people "just" come here for help - they ain't gonna get much as we are just a "slice" of the whole.

As a meetup organizer, I find this site a valuable resource to share info with my group. I hope other organizers are doing likewise.

I'm just going to say, I am extremely proud of my group. They are small, and we have the same problem with about 10% of the group being very active while the rest does little else other then spam my inbox. But the 10% active are doing some great things.

I just signed up for 20 names of Iowans, and the reply came from one of my meetup members. All on his own he took initiative to help out the mail Iowa people and plays a central role in that effort.

Another guy just informed me that he spoke about Ron Paul at a republican meeting last night and has a booth available for our county fair. He did all this while I was away on vacation last week.

Another group decided to go to Ames the week before the poll and decided this months ago - long before anything centrally organized was announced.

100% of Iowans in my group are going to the straw poll, so they are all gold in my book, even the less active of them.

inibo
07-25-2007, 01:02 PM
I've never seen so much drama.

I'm just gonna keep spreading the word, I'll bite my nails when the primaries start.

Word.

I would love to see a victory of any kind anywhere, but I have already convinced 4 friends to register as Republicans to vote for Ron Paul in their primaries even if they have to write him in. I am doing the same. That is five primary votes because I'm enthusiastic and the passion is contagious--how many other people have identical stories? By all means anyone who can help distribute these DVDs do so, especially any MeetUps within a couple of hundred miles. But, I will not stop regardless of what happens in Ames. I am convinced that when "professionals" start paying attention, the number of "new" Republicans is going to be way noticeable and it is going to be the people ready to go.

mport1
07-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Everybody, THERE IS NOTHING ELSE AFTER RON PAUL! If we don't do it now, we will be way to far into the era of big government to ever bring this country back. Put all that energy you would be using for future years into right now.

Shatterhand
07-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Perhaps the need to distribute these DVDs should be mentioned on Ron Paul blogs and other forums. :D

mdh
07-25-2007, 02:39 PM
If I could get transportation, I'd go. Sadly, my car is crappy, and I don't know that I could afford gas and hotel and everything. If someone else is driving anyway near Morgantown, WV and wouldn't mind picking me up, I'd split a hotel and stuff. I don't know just how much cash I could blow on it, but I totally would do whatever I could.

I tried this before (to go to Iowa for the rally at the ITR/ICA forum) and the person told me they'd see me in a couple of hours, then never showed, though, so I'm not holding my breath. But hey, I'll be ready for someone to show up if they are serious, I just won't count on it, heh.

I will put my feet to the street with anyone else if someone can help me get there.

smtwngrl
07-25-2007, 03:25 PM

I think this is a problem in Iowa, too. :eek: Check out the Des Moines and Ames Meetup pages. There is no event scheduled for distributing DVDs this Saturday for either one....unless Des Moines is planning to do it at the Farmer's Market...and that has 0 people who have RSVP'd.

When I look at those pages, it looks like they have some attendance at meetings, but 0-2 at public contact events. (The Des Moines Meetup has 90 members, and the Ames Group has 55.)

This looks pretty scary to me! (Or are they just doing a lot of it individually, when they have free time?) I don't want to jump to conclusions, but ......

Des Moines
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/106/?gj=sj6

Ames
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/262/?gj=sj6

Gigaplex
07-25-2007, 04:27 PM
I have been trying to get a meeting scheduled for the Des Moines meetup. John (the organizer) has been out of town but I just figured out that I have authority to make meetups so I made them :)

As for Ames, I emailed the organizer and so I am sure she will have something up soon. I am meeting with that meetup group tonight too.

Best case scenario, I am guestimating maybe 20 people from Ames and Des Moines come to help. That's not enough to do the whole thing but it's enough to make a big dent.

LibertyEagle
07-25-2007, 04:41 PM
There are almost 400 people in one of the Iowa meetup groups, right Gigaplex? And only 20 are willing to help????

mport1
07-25-2007, 06:21 PM
bump

Gigaplex
07-25-2007, 11:06 PM
That 400 is all throughout Iowa. Plus, the Iowa meetups are just the same as any other meetup. 10-20% of the people do 80-90% of the work. Based on what I've heard though, our group might be above average as far as attendance goes. Sometimes nearly a third of our Des Moines group will show up. I think that is a pretty good showing considering we hold meetings at least once a week.

Anyway, my estimate is based on attendance at meetings and events. I would consider 40 an excellent turnout, 30 a good turnout and 20 mediocre. I am pretty sure we can at least get up to 20. If each of those 20 worked an average of 6 hours, we'd get 4000 of the 13,000 DVDs out. There are two 12 hour time slots available to work so maybe they will work longer than 6 hours, who knows? I can think of a few I know that will probably do the full 24 hours. Some are unbelievably dedicated.

Shatterhand
07-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey,

We're all rooting for you guys. We need to rally all grass roots support for Iowa.

Ps. I was wondering if on Sunday it would be a good idea trying to distribute the DVDs after Church service. Maybe people would be more willing to listen to supporters after hearing a sermon or something. Just an idea.

:D

Zydeco
07-25-2007, 11:51 PM

Agreed.

Considering that Ron Paul has over 400 meetup group members in Iowa, I'd be pretty surprised if he only got 500 votes.

Thomas_Paine
07-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Agreed.

Considering that Ron Paul has over 400 meetup group members in Iowa, I'd be pretty surprised if he only got 500 votes.

Just finished my 100 letters to Iowans, will mail them tomorrow. How has the video project worked out?

Badger Paul
07-26-2007, 06:08 AM
Actually, if you look at the numbers from the last straw poll in 1999, a range of 500-2000 votes would put us right in the middle of the pack, say fourth. If that's what our estimates are right now, then we've gotten off to a good start, especially since the other candidates have been living and working the state for most of the year. But more, much more needs to be done to get to 10,000

ecliptic
07-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Listen folks, Ron Paul's campaign is no less than a revolution in our country.

Rules are in the process of being re-written and the old stale barriers made to lock out the people's voice will have to be over turned.

STOP swallowing the mythical bullshit of the status quo. Iowa is important, every godamned thing in this election is important.

Well said. The old rules are out the window. Regardless of the Straw Poll results, the re>love<ution will only INCREASE IN STRENGTH and all attempts to marginalize will backfire. Nothing will stop this freight train.

Shatterhand
07-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Lots of DVDs need to be distributed before the Straw Poll.

jmdrake
07-27-2007, 12:01 PM
That 400 is all throughout Iowa. Plus, the Iowa meetups are just the same as any other meetup. 10-20% of the people do 80-90% of the work. Based on what I've heard though, our group might be above average as far as attendance goes. Sometimes nearly a third of our Des Moines group will show up. I think that is a pretty good showing considering we hold meetings at least once a week.

Anyway, my estimate is based on attendance at meetings and events. I would consider 40 an excellent turnout, 30 a good turnout and 20 mediocre. I am pretty sure we can at least get up to 20. If each of those 20 worked an average of 6 hours, we'd get 4000 of the 13,000 DVDs out. There are two 12 hour time slots available to work so maybe they will work longer than 6 hours, who knows? I can think of a few I know that will probably do the full 24 hours. Some are unbelievably dedicated.

Yeah. That's the problem we are all facing. I've organized our local meetup of 190+ for the "Call Iowa" program but so far I only have 12 participants including myself and 2 are not from our meetup.

I agree with those who say that the campaign isn't "over" if we do bad in Ames. BUT the campaign will be BADLY damaged. And the damage will be precisely because of what Gigaplex is describing. Ames is really about who's the best organized candidate. It's a show of strength. When it comes to internet organization Ron Paul is by FAR the strongest. But the problem is that much of that "strength" consists of people who are willing to sign up for a meetup...but then not willing to do anything else. Can big grassroots efforts overcome big money? Maybe. But if the Ron Paul campaign had and extra 10 million dollars it could throw at things like DVD distribution, making phone calls and sending letters than this would be done by now. Heck, the RNC once even outsourced their fundraising phone calls to India (http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/FE19Df04.html)!

The only way to counter act "big money" is for many people to donate "sweat equity". Sure we can survive Ames, but what about the next test? When will our numerical volunteer strength translate into real action?

Regards,

John M. Drake

Shatterhand
07-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey, is it possible to distribute these DVDs to every fire station in Iowa? Maybe drop off ten DVDs at each fire station? It's just a question (not a suggestion). I don't know if it's considered soliciting. But might it be easier to do then trying to give them away on the street? What are your thoughts?

Thatguyuknow
07-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Why not hire some day laborers or something, have one person from a meetup manage them, and for a little cash - - you get a myraid amount of work done.

Shatterhand
07-28-2007, 11:19 AM
What's the latest update?

fluoridatedbrainsoup
07-28-2007, 01:05 PM
I hear you, but it's indicative of things that must be changed.

Are you V?

mport1
07-28-2007, 01:56 PM
How is this coming? I really hope they are all getting distributed.

Shatterhand
07-28-2007, 09:17 PM
I heard that some volunteers came from afar to help in the distribution, but I don't know how everything went. Hopefully we will get an update soon.

:) :) :)
:) ;) :)
:) :) :)

RFTBunny
07-29-2007, 08:24 AM
where can i get the files to burn them to dvd and distribute them? i really would like to help even though im in new york

mport1
07-29-2007, 09:03 AM
How is the progress. Hopefully everybody near there is helping out so these DVDs don't go to waste.

stevedasbach
07-29-2007, 09:07 AM
In other thread, it was reported that more than half were distributed yesterday in Ames, and the rest will be distributed today in Des Moines. About 40 volunteers were involved.

Gigaplex
07-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Yes, more than half were distributed Saturday. We had a good amount of people come in from all over the US. There were probably around 40 people helping on Saturday.

On Sunday there were far less people and we didn't get done but we got really close. We have about 2,000 left.

We got Ames covered as well as many small towns surrounding Ames. What I want to do with the rest is put them on people's cars while they are at certain events. Last night there was some type of Army concert and we did this with about 300 DVDs. It took me and one other person about 45 minutes. This is probably how we will do the rest over the next few days.

I'd like to thank everyone that came in to help. You guys put my worries to rest and distributed the vast majority. Thanks to your efforts, thousands of people in Ames and elsewhere will get a chance to hear the Ron Paul message :)

markpa
07-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Yes, more than half were distributed Saturday. We had a good amount of people come in from all over the US. There were probably around 40 people helping on Saturday.

On Sunday there were far less people and we didn't get done but we got really close. We have about 2,000 left.

We got Ames covered as well as many small towns surrounding Ames. What I want to do with the rest is put them on people's cars while they are at certain events. Last night there was some type of Army concert and we did this with about 300 DVDs. It took me and one other person about 45 minutes. This is probably how we will do the rest over the next few days.

I'd like to thank everyone that came in to help. You guys put my worries to rest and distributed the vast majority. Thanks to your efforts, thousands of people in Ames and elsewhere will get a chance to hear the Ron Paul message :)

Thats great news! :D

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Jeff, your mailbox is full. I think you emailed me once but my inbox has become ridiculous with this campaign. What's your email?

LibertyEagle
07-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Another one is here, Scribbler: (under contact us)
http://www.paulforall.com/

Gigaplex
07-30-2007, 02:55 PM
You can reach me here:
jeff@paulforall.com

Shatterhand
07-30-2007, 05:07 PM
I wonder how many DVDs are left? If only a couple of hundred, perhaps these can be used to target specific audiences instead of blanket canvasing.

jmdrake
08-01-2007, 07:46 AM

We have a small group from Tennessee that wasn't able to come last weekend but is headed out this weekend. Still need the help? Email me at jmdrake_98@yahoo.com so we can coordinate.

Viva La rEVOLution!

Regards,

John M. Drake

Shatterhand
08-04-2007, 02:00 AM
Well, last I heard there were still 2,000 DVDs to distribute. I'm sure the grass rooters are getting them out there.