PDA

View Full Version : Should the grassroots go negative?

TruePatriot44
01-15-2008, 12:35 AM
We have a lot of awesome videos and projects on how great Ron Paul is. However, would it be more effective to focus on the negative aspects of other candidates? Negative advertisements do work.

With our great video makers like Avaroth, seems like they could whip some nasty stuff up on the front runners. Especially John McCain - for instance his stay in Iraq for 100 years quote or his recent admission of "The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should,” he says. “I’ve got Greenspan’s book.”.

Cindy
01-15-2008, 12:48 AM
It seems that is where the majority of Americans must be resonating, since they bought into the negativity smeared on Paul.

Let them get fed up with the whole lot through negative advertising on the others, and hope they will take a new look at Paul for themselves.

It could help.

From a study I remember reading, Honesty is the most important quality to people in a President.

Any ads that show a candidate is a liar, are damaging.

free.alive
01-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Not necessarily negative, just actually pointing out policy and comparing them to the democrats.

Let the public know that apostate Republicans and Democrats are running for the Republican nomination against Ron Paul. Maybe Ron Paul's name could be excluded, though.

quantized
01-15-2008, 01:02 AM
We have a lot of awesome videos and projects on how great Ron Paul is. However, would it be more effective to focus on the negative aspects of other candidates? Negative advertisements do work.

With our great video makers like Avaroth, seems like they could whip some nasty stuff up on the front runners. Especially John McCain - for instance his stay in Iraq for 100 years quote or his recent admission of "The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should,” he says. “I’ve got Greenspan’s book.”.

Hell YES!! Focus on McCain. He got the most independents and young voters bloc as according to cnn exit polls.

figueir2
Negative ads work. And we dodge a moral bullet by virtue of the negative ad's truth.

cheese
I think it's the grassroots sole obligation to expose the terrible records of the other candidates. It's what the internet was fucking made for.

quantized
01-15-2008, 01:04 AM
enough of talking. how to make this into reality?!?!

figueir2
01-15-2008, 01:05 AM
enough of talking. how to make this into reality?!?!

+1

nosebruise
01-15-2008, 01:05 AM
well...

we have already been pointing out the flaws in the other candidates just about as much as we have been promoting paul...

where's the change?

free.alive
01-15-2008, 01:07 AM
and if we do it, RP doesn't have to.

Can we get this idea to that jeremiah black character who has generated a lot of enthusiasm for those crappy one-dimensional ads.

If he knows someone (preferable someone else) who can get these made, I'm sure the grassroots could move on it and forget about his endorsement ads.

nosebruise
01-15-2008, 01:08 AM
well...

we have already been pointing out the flaws in the other candidates just about as much as we have been promoting paul...

where's the change?

also let me point out that promoting paul has a much more positive effect as it actually gravitates people TORWARDS paul, while making negative ads, simply draws people away from another candidate. (and if they dont know enough about paul it will most likely just make them go to one of his rivals. and considering MOST people who really KNOW about paul's positions are voting for him... yeah you get the point)

unless you can make a direct link between how opposite pauls stance is with another (or the rest of) the candidates, while still making it look tactful (a lot of people dont really like it when people make negative ads to promote their own candidate).

louisiana4liberty
01-15-2008, 01:12 AM
I would live to see a rap remix of McCain's "make it 100" statement.:D

coffeewithchess
01-15-2008, 01:16 AM
I think negative ads do work...especially if they are done well. If they are done well, the media may even mention them and talk about what the ad says and "whether it's true or not".
Also, we need to attack Huckabee on his record as a "Tax and Spender" and compare him to Bill Clinton...Huckabee's main support is the "Christian right" and it should not be underestimated as John McCain learned in the 2000 nomination process.

firebirdnation
01-15-2008, 01:18 AM
I would live to see a rap remix of McCain's "make it 100" statement.:D

And throw in some of the bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iran.:D

derdy
01-15-2008, 01:23 AM
This was EXACTLY what I was thinking. There's plenty of soundbites from all the GOP candidates you could use against them. Somebody grab a video producer and start a PAC. :D

Bryan
01-15-2008, 01:31 AM
I prefer educational over negative, here an example of a video I did:

Educating Fred Thompson (on the NAU)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXevDajb2lo

derdy
01-15-2008, 01:38 AM

NICE!

coffeewithchess
01-15-2008, 02:14 AM

Good video, but 7 minutes is TOO long for the public...they need 30secs to 1minute, REPEATED OVER AND OVER.