PDA

View Full Version : Need ad critique

jarofclay
01-15-2008, 12:02 AM
We are hoping to run a full page ad in our local paper this next week.

Here is the draft of the ad. It is a modified version of the ad from Lepard. Please critique and tell us what we need to change to be effective. Thank you in advance. :)

http://montana4ronpaul.com/userfiles/RonPaul_BeaconAd.png

ocomys
01-15-2008, 12:04 AM
i don't see an ad

jarofclay
01-15-2008, 12:45 AM
http://montana4ronpaul.com/userfiles/RonPaul_BeaconAd.png

Dave Pedersen
01-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Divide the money spent by 100 and buy 100 small ads or better yet space for 100 cartoon ads. You'll reach a lot more people. 30 minute infomercials and huge full page ads waste a lot of money in my opinion. People either care or they don't. They are either interested or they are not.

cheese
01-15-2008, 12:58 AM
change "insist on a balanced budget" with "veto" or "deny" or "defy" or something stronger than polite "insisting"

jarofclay
01-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Divide the money spent by 100 and buy 100 small ads or better yet space for 100 cartoon ads. You'll reach a lot more people. 30 minute infomercials and huge full page ads waste a lot of money in my opinion. People either care or they don't. They are either interested or they are not.

That is a really good idea and our hopes are to do both! :) Do you have any good cartoon ads that we can run? There is a local trader newspaper for selling things that would be perfect for this.

cheese
01-15-2008, 12:59 AM
try to be more specific and less vague. like the text for what ron paul will do about immigration. all candidates are saying they will secure the borders, etc.

Dave Pedersen
01-15-2008, 01:05 AM
That is a really good idea and our hopes are to do both! :) Do you have any good cartoon ads that we can run? There is a local trader newspaper for selling things that would be perfect for this.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=83427

I started this thread for people to contribute their ideas and talent. Thanks.

coffeewithchess
01-15-2008, 01:10 AM

+100, the public needs REPETITION. It should be considered that a Full Page ad won't reach even all the readers of a Newspaper, so putting all that money into one Full Page ad isn't a good use of resources, IMO, if we are going for name recognition. The Alexandria, LA Meetup Group raised funds for a Full Page ad, but I think they decided to use the money to rent a BillBoard along a busy road in the area for an entire month.
Ask JenninLouisiana for to be sure.

Dave Pedersen
01-15-2008, 01:32 AM
+100, the public needs REPETITION. It should be considered that a Full Page ad won't reach even all the readers of a Newspaper, so putting all that money into one Full Page ad isn't a good use of resources, IMO, if we are going for name recognition. The Alexandria, LA Meetup Group raised funds for a Full Page ad, but I think they decided to use the money to rent a BillBoard along a busy road in the area for an entire month.
Ask JenninLouisiana for to be sure.

Yes billboards are excellent. I really believe if the grassroots focuses ALL their resources on cartoon ads and billboards in as many places as possible we have a chance to win. I believe these two methods are the most effective and most affordable for massive distribution.

By and large the public only becomes interested in a candidate incrementally. They do not commit without reinforcement from others who also speak favorably about a prospective candidate, This kind of support builds a little bit here and a little bit there and on itself it grows into frontrunner status. Just as the trust in money is interdependent on the confidence demonstrated by others so support for a candidate is a process of interdependent expressions of confidence and credibility.

We the grassroots do not recognize this by observing ourselves because we are the converted. Not to a candidate but to a movement. We are energized to educate ourselves having been convinced Ron Paul is not just our best choice among many but is our only hope in this election cycle to make emergency restorations to our system of governance.

The people we need to gain are not viewing the race in this way and so there remains a rift in our perspectives which translates into unsatisfactory progress. We have three weeks before Super Tuesday. Three weeks to either win or lose. Billboards and cartoons spread as widely as possible might just turn this to our advantage if we decide to act unified in our commitment and approach.

Why billboards and cartoons? They are images with brief text messages. They draw the attention of the disinterested and the distracted. They are easily digested. They do not seek or demand a commitment but they do plant impressions which can serve as topics of discussion. Interdependent conversational interest establishes some measure of education and credibility. As some speak openly of their interest or support it is much easier for others to join. It can be a bandwagon but we must provide the band and the wagon upon which people can ride with varying degrees of interest and commitment.

Three weeks.

rexsolomon
01-15-2008, 06:21 AM
If you ever made a living by selling products, you know that you have to keep your messages short and clear.

There is too much information on the ad. Too much fine print.

Get to the meat. Check out the list of suggestions in Bradley in DC's thread.