PDA

View Full Version : Great article for raising spirits, must read.

ThinkAwake
01-14-2008, 11:33 PM
http://thinksimplenow.com/clarity/train-your-eyes-to-see-color-again/

Have you ever been particularly annoyed by a person or situation? The more we complain about it, the more we notice it. The more we notice it, the worse it becomes. The next time we interact with that person or situation, we almost expect to be annoyed and thus subconsciously look for those small triggers that’ll make us annoyed.

In a similar example of an opposite scenario: Have you ever shopped for a particular kind of car which you’ve never noticed before? For example, a black SmartCar or a silver Toyota Prius. And suddenly, you see them everywhere? Similarly, have you shopped for a particular piece of clothing, let’s say a blazer style jacket for the spring, and suddenly you notice them everywhere?......

Indy Vidual
01-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Instead, focus on what it is that you do want. Focus, by repeating what you want in a present tense statement. Example, "I am confident and knowledgeable about this topic and I can give a kick ass presentation. It’s a breeze!"

rice_classic
01-14-2008, 11:44 PM
There's a book about this called "The Secret". Many people think it's brilliant, I think it's brilliant too just not with the message.

What the link is talking about actually has a name. It's RAS, Reticular Activation System, also known as the "Red Car Syndrome". A week after buying your NEW red car it seems like there's a lot of other red cars on the road.

What makes the book, "The Secret" so brilliant isn't the message but that they sold millions of copies to people talking about a GLORIFIED, esoteric possibilites of RAS. Retarded.

RAS is also discovered in Prayer or Meditation. If you often pray for something you might find yourself presented with it but not necessarily in the literal sense. The same goes for Meditating on something.

ThinkAwake
01-15-2008, 12:13 AM
There's a book about this called "The Secret". Many people think it's brilliant, I think it's brilliant too just not with the message.

What the link is talking about actually has a name. It's RAS, Reticular Activation System, also known as the "Red Car Syndrome". A week after buying your NEW red car it seems like there's a lot of other red cars on the road.

What makes the book, "The Secret" so brilliant isn't the message but that they sold millions of copies to people talking about a GLORIFIED, esoteric possibilites of RAS. Retarded.

RAS is also discovered in Prayer or Meditation. If you often pray for something you might find yourself presented with it but not necessarily in the literal sense. The same goes for Meditating on something.

Yeah I've heard of the book... And it's funny you point that out. I never knew about RAS, but it makes a lot more sense described as a function of the brain and nothing else. The secret gives it a pseudo-religious outlook, and that's why it sells so wonderfully... haha capitlism at it's best :)