PDA

View Full Version : Video/Marketing Ideas

nick4rp
01-14-2008, 11:14 PM
I've been down but not out in supporting this cause. Down because people around me think I'm crazy for supporting a guy that big media has demonized, and all the crap that's happened in NH, that BS article, and Faux's treatment of RP in SC debates.

But, although down, I am a hopeful-optimist. Which comes to my video ideas.
We need two video target markets: the converted (us) and the ones needing conversion.

I propose that we stop with the 5min. video nonsense for those who need converting.
They are SHEEPLE. They are in two camps. Disaffected Republicans and Anti-War Liberals.

We need 15,30,45 second videos max. Anything longer and it doesn't get watched. The shorter the better. Plus production time is reduced, so we can produce even more viral videos.

They need impact, not too many words to read but images. Bits and pieces of what totalitarianism does (historical images) and a BAM at the end to WAKE UP. Leave them hanging with a sense of urgency and fear unless THEY do something.

Another version needs to be HOPE and "Change" (the new buzzword ala Obama). We need to show that Ron Paul is the only REAL Change.

Sheeple, unfortunately, don't want a history lesson. They want, sadly, one liners and soundbites. I don't like it, but when in Rome, we gotta fight like Romans, so we just need to creatively turn the tables in this way. McCain, for example, is out of touch in that we are not going into recession. Use that. For Clinton and Obama, we need to show how they are just the same as the others.

Now for those of us who are feeling discouraged, we need to have videos that show victory in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. Scenes from movies like Braveheart and such.

We are the only support for RP and we need pep talk videos to fight the good fight to the end, and even addressing those issues would be a great way, like how he's not a racist, etc.

Getting back to the video shorts, we need to have short quick ads because these need to be emailable, linkable, and bloggable. .M4V format so we can do viral video via the iPhone/iPod tech people. Quicktime is the easiest to work across the lines. Real and WMV are terrible.

Finally, the Geriatric crowd. We REALLY NEED THEIR VOTE. We own the internet/youth vote, but the people who historically vote in large numbers are the old folks. These are those Coco's/Hometown Buffett eating people. We need to go traditional media with these guys, hitting their favorite talking points: social security and whatever Hillary is trying to scare them with.

They are stubborn, so talk to them graciously and take off your nose rings and hide your tats, as if you were going for a job interview. We really need to get the old vote because they have all the time in the world to vote and talk to people.

These are just my ideas and I hope I've helped. Thanks!

martinocortez
01-14-2008, 11:19 PM
They are SHEEPLE

Stop being so arrogant. These "sheep" are your potential voters. They are your friends, uncles, grandmas, future colleagues, bosses, and subordinates. They are people just like you. They just dont obsess over the same issues you do. They have their own obsessions.

The only people who are sheep are those who refuse to *listen*, *think* and *understand* others. Until you know your "enemy", you cannot conquer them. Once you understand them, than you can sell to them. Who knows, you might even learn something from them! Maybe they know more then you do!?

Sheeple is a word used by... sheep.

nick4rp
01-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Stop being so arrogant. These "sheep" are your potential voters. They are your friends, uncles, grandmas, future colleagues, bosses, and subordinates. They are people just like you. They just dont obsess over the same issues you do. They have their own obsessions.

The only people who are sheep are those who refuse to *listen*, *think* and *understand* others. Until you know your "enemy", you cannot conquer them. Once you understand them, than you can sell to them. Who knows, you might even learn something from them! Maybe they know more then you do!?

Sheeple is a word used by... sheep.

no arrogance intended, but you have to admit, most people are of the herd mentality, even if they are my relatives. if there weren't sheeple then why did Clinton's crying incident catupult her over Obama? Just listen to the women talk about it. One woman said that she wasn't even going to vote until she saw her cry and then she "found her connection".

Emotion over reason and logic. that's sheeple to me.

sorry to use the term, but its true...

seeking truth doesn't make you arrogant and i didnt intend that to be. its difficult to express this in forums so pls understand

magicmike
01-15-2008, 10:25 AM
nick4rp you absolutely need to see this. If you truly want to convert people, this is insider information.

http://www.linktv.org/programs/orwell_deceiving

The first thing you must know is that logic and reason IS tied to emotion, I had the same hardcore logic mindset as you until I saw this.

Like for instance your points about 'Hope' 'Change'. Everyone is using this! Create a new frame of mind that piggybacks off this like "Change your Hope" and insert Ron Paul Ideas into this new mindset.

The link I provided will help us understand the enemy better, and I believe that's what Ron Paul would want us to do first. Understand the enemy before attacking.

magicmike
01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Also for the democrats use 'Same old change' as a slogan. Or 'Old change with a picture of yucky old coins that says 'God knows where it's been!'