PDA

View Full Version : Tensions up????

The Minister
01-14-2008, 10:58 PM
I have noticed that the day before each of the caucuses and primaries people seem to be especially tense and divisive.

Some will claim that it is due to the presence of trolls.

I think that this misses the point. We cannot stop others from behaving the way they do. We can however control our own actions.

Please, everyone, remember that this is no ordinary campaign. This is a MOVEMENT. These are trying times but also times of rejoicing. Imagine it like the hours before a baby is to be born. Worried concern, but affection and hope. There is so much to be gained that we cannot be paralyzed by the fear of loss.

Take some time to thank others today for doing what they have done for the movement, make a light hearted joke, wildly speculate about the wonderful future that can be created by a special time like this or go talk to your family and friends.

I recently read,

" A young river runs quickly this way and that, not knowing which direction it should go. The old river moves slowly and directly, knowing it will get there eventually."

We will become the old river, just give it time.

jlaker
01-14-2008, 11:51 PM
I know i'm tense and sure i wont be able to sleep tonight.

Cindy
01-14-2008, 11:54 PM
I'll add another quote

"Obstacles are the frightening things that appear when we take our eye off of the goal"

jasonuher
01-15-2008, 12:05 AM
I'll add another quote

"Obstacles are the frightening things that appear when we take our eye off of the goal"

OOOOHH thats a good one!

But, shouldn't we be watching out for obstacles so we can avoid/conquer them? I mean, we don't want to just rush around willy-nilly!

robskicks
01-15-2008, 12:20 AM
There is so much to be gained that we cannot be paralyzed by the fear of loss.

Amen