PDA

View Full Version : I emailed the campaign

Sematary
07-25-2007, 09:57 AM
I sent this:

We're all busting our butts to get the word out about Ron Paul in Iowa for the straw poll next month. We need feedback and backup with radio/tv spots leading up to the strawpoll. What have you guys got in mind? Anything?

The response:

Thank you for all your efforts in Iowa.

I will forward your message to Jesse Benton, Communications Director.

DjLoTi
07-25-2007, 09:58 AM
They get 1000 + emails a day lol

Sematary
07-25-2007, 10:01 AM
They get 1000 + emails a day lol

I understand that.
The response though, was addressed to me (my name - not a form letter) and was responded to by a volunteer who is passing it on.
I find this encouraging as we need backup in Iowa.

Bradley in DC
07-25-2007, 10:23 AM
The get a few thousand emails a day and volunteers and staffers are doing their best.

Please, everyone, do not contact the campaign unnecessarily. If they aren't doing what we all want them to do, it is in part because of SO MANY extraneous emails, calls (a few people call EVERY DAY with advice), etc. Let them do their jobs!

Sematary
07-25-2007, 10:27 AM
The get a few thousand emails a day and volunteers and staffers are doing their best.

Please, everyone, do not contact the campaign unnecessarily. If they aren't doing what we all want them to do, it is in part because of SO MANY extraneous emails, calls (a few people call EVERY DAY with advice), etc. Let them do their jobs!

They have volunteers dedicated to the emails they receive. I don't think it's too much to say to them - "hey, how about some backup"

Bradley in DC
07-25-2007, 10:52 AM
They have volunteers dedicated to the emails they receive. I don't think it's too much to say to them - "hey, how about some backup"

Work through the Meetup groups, please. Until a few days ago, there was very little room for volunteers (well, really for anybody). Unnecessary emails detour the volunteers and staff from what we want them to be doing!

DeadheadForPaul
07-25-2007, 11:03 AM
I'd personally like to hear "Yeah, we're got radio ads, tv ads, and newspaper ads ready. Yes Dr. Paul is going to be going county to county" etc.

If you want to win it, goddamn win it