PDA

View Full Version : Need help with fundraising website project.

JimInNY
01-14-2008, 10:42 PM
I have this site that I set up a while back, Change for Ron Paul.

The idea was to get people to donate their change jars to Ron Paul.

I could not get it to catch any traction.

Anyone feel like helping me get it to take root?

http://changeforronpaul.com/

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Last chance for change for ron paul.

Anyone wanna climb on board, make suggestions, help promote? I've tried it alone, I can't get it off the ground. If there is something wrong with the concept, the design, anything, let me know.

robert4rp08
01-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Very cool idea! I think the problem is that it comes off as a money bomb. I would instead advertise it as a way to contribute to an already existing money bomb. For example, I'd talk to the folks at the free at last site and see if they can integrate this idea into their site like embedding the videos and putting up a nice banner.

JimInNY
01-18-2008, 10:09 AM
Very cool idea! I think the problem is that it comes off as a money bomb. I would instead advertise it as a way to contribute to an already existing money bomb. For example, I'd talk to the folks at the free at last site and see if they can integrate this idea into their site like embedding the videos and putting up a nice banner.

It was originally set up as an ongoing thing, but the idea was put down by everyone who saw my posts about it. They rallied against it because it didn't go along with the key money bomb dates.

It really ticked me off, but rather than fight the tide, I went with it, and still, no support at all.