PDA

View Full Version : Why this movement is still very much alive...

Jerome
01-14-2008, 10:36 PM
As we all know, only a small minority of the population has voted in the primaries / caucuses. Ron is ahead of T. Thompson and RUDY GIULIANI! But like I said, we all know this.

But I've seen a couple things in the last few days that are great signs that we are still in the hunt.

I post frequently on a very popular board of my alma mater. I'm one of the more hardcore Paulites on there - not hardcore in a bad way, but hardcore in a everybody knows I'm an RP supporter kinda way. Anyway, I saw something on there that NEVER would have happened had it not been for us. A pretty hardcore neo-con made a post that Huckabee's foreign policy advisor supported globalization, wanted to erase borders and sovereignty. He immediately stated that there was no way he could support the Huckster now. I gave him major props for providing us w/ that info, and much to my surprise several of the other neo-cons on the board thanked him and stated there's no way in hell they would support Huckabee either. Imagine when they find out nearly everyone else is CFR as well. I don't want to point it out to them (at least yet), I want one of the neocons to discover it as it will give it more cred to their peers than coming from an RP supporter.

Can you imagine neo-cons seeing that and not supporting that? I think that is a MAJOR victory for this campaign.

Now, the other interesting sign a saw were people creeping out of the woodwork and all of the sudden pledging allegiance to Fred Thompson or John McCain, when I had never seen anyone over the past 6 months bring those names up as their favorite. Why is it happening now? Easy - McCain won NH and the media told them he is the frontrunner and Thompson being recognized as the clear winner in the last debate by the MSM!

The media wants there to be no clear frontrunner because it makes the race more interesting and marketable to an audience. That is why they are now propping up McCain and Thompson. But those guys are peaking too early, and I firmly believe if the neocons can be turned off of Huck (who, lets admit is insanely charismatic and McCain and Thompson put you to sleep), McCain & Thompson won't keep their attention long.

The Evangelicals don't really like Romney that much, they are creeped out by his Mormonism. He peaked waaaaay too early, like 6 months ago.

Giuliani is currently behind us.

All I'm getting at is that RP is the only candidate to have a very solid foundation of support that has steady yet exponentially (is that possible?) been growing. The other guys are up and down, up and down. It's almost like RP is the gold standard and the field is federal reserve notes:D

We are making progress, I am not ready to roll over and die. Keep going strong. If you feel like quitting or that we have already lost, ask yourself what Ron would do? We already know - he wants to give them all he has. He won't quit and we can't quit on him.

Peace.

Original_Intent
01-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Lol T. Thompson has been out of the race for months. I think you mean F. Thompson

Paul10
01-14-2008, 10:40 PM

Jerome
01-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Lol T. Thompson has been out of the race for months. I think you mean F. Thompson

Uh, I said Fred Thompson.

prlgrl
01-14-2008, 10:55 PM
As we all know, only a small minority of the population has voted in the primaries / caucuses. Ron is ahead of T. Thompson and RUDY GIULIANI! But like I said, we all know this.

But I've seen a couple things in the last few days that are great signs that we are still in the hunt.

I post frequently on a very popular board of my alma mater. I'm one of the more hardcore Paulites on there - not hardcore in a bad way, but hardcore in a everybody knows I'm an RP supporter kinda way. Anyway, I saw something on there that NEVER would have happened had it not been for us. A pretty hardcore neo-con made a post that Huckabee's foreign policy advisor supported globalization, wanted to erase borders and sovereignty. He immediately stated that there was no way he could support the Huckster now. I gave him major props for providing us w/ that info, and much to my surprise several of the other neo-cons on the board thanked him and stated there's no way in hell they would support Huckabee either. Imagine when they find out nearly everyone else is CFR as well. I don't want to point it out to them (at least yet), I want one of the neocons to discover it as it will give it more cred to their peers than coming from an RP supporter.

Can you imagine neo-cons seeing that and not supporting that? I think that is a MAJOR victory for this campaign.

Now, the other interesting sign a saw were people creeping out of the woodwork and all of the sudden pledging allegiance to Fred Thompson or John McCain, when I had never seen anyone over the past 6 months bring those names up as their favorite. Why is it happening now? Easy - McCain won NH and the media told them he is the frontrunner and Thompson being recognized as the clear winner in the last debate by the MSM!

The media wants there to be no clear frontrunner because it makes the race more interesting and marketable to an audience. That is why they are now propping up McCain and Thompson. But those guys are peaking too early, and I firmly believe if the neocons can be turned off of Huck (who, lets admit is insanely charismatic and McCain and Thompson put you to sleep), McCain & Thompson won't keep their attention long.

The Evangelicals don't really like Romney that much, they are creeped out by his Mormonism. He peaked waaaaay too early, like 6 months ago.

Giuliani is currently behind us.

All I'm getting at is that RP is the only candidate to have a very solid foundation of support that has steady yet exponentially (is that possible?) been growing. The other guys are up and down, up and down. It's almost like RP is the gold standard and the field is federal reserve notes:D

We are making progress, I am not ready to roll over and die. Keep going strong. If you feel like quitting or that we have already lost, ask yourself what Ron would do? We already know - he wants to give them all he has. He won't quit and we can't quit on him.

Peace.

Thanks. One of the few positive posts I've seen lately.

Goldwater Conservative
01-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Uh, I said Fred Thompson.

Check the first line. ;)

Anyway, awesome story. :) Many in the GOP base are sheep, but they do have some core principles, and I agree that if they knew the full extent of the "conspiracy of ideas" going on they'd abandon their support for many of these "conservative" (neocon) candidates.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Right on.

This is only the beginning.

Arklatex
01-14-2008, 11:07 PM
This is the only post worth reading I've read so far. Take notice patriots.

The Minister
01-14-2008, 11:11 PM

NICE.

robskicks
01-14-2008, 11:16 PM
Good post man but I think you should let them know that way when they realize it, they're more likely to associate being against globalizatino with Ron Paul.

wowabunga
01-14-2008, 11:59 PM
I want one of the neocons to discover it as it will give it more cred to their peers than coming from an RP supporter.

Just back from a meetup event at the local regional gun show... a attendee 80 years young told me that Ron Paul is the smartest man on the debate stage....!

Jerome
01-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Good post man but I think you should let them know that way when they realize it, they're more likely to associate being against globalizatino with Ron Paul.

If no one else is pro-active enough to check the other members, I will indeed point it out to them. But I'm going to wait a day or two.