PDA

View Full Version : National Food Drive for Ron Paul

emeriste
01-14-2008, 09:22 PM
The media is trying to taint this movement by painting its supporters as crazy or vicious. It would be the ultimate travesty if they succeeded in that, because I would like this movement to stick together and be an be an effective influence long into the future.

So I've had an idea. An idea which could be as effective as any money bomb in terms of raising awareness of Ron Paul, that would simultaneously be great PR for RP and his supporters.

I suggest that we organize a national Ron Paul food drive.

Here is how it might look: Thousands of Ron Paul supporters all around the nation would go out on a predetermined day (or days) to collect canned goods from people in their neighborhood. In the process of doing this good deed, those same Ron Paul supporters would take the opportunity to tell their neighbors about Ron Paul and why he would be the best president. You see, when we ask people to vote for Ron Paul, we are basically asking them to become one of us. But in order to make that sell, we have to be the kind of people anyone would want to be. I think that a massive grassroots act of charity in Ron Paul's name would be just the thing to supply that context. It is also an opportunity to show how people who don't believe in huge government intend to pick up the responsibility of caring for our neighbors.

We would have to work out some details and do it in a way that generates publicity. I think that can certainly be done. At this stage this is just an idea, but if anyone has any feedback or would like to work with me to make this happen, I would like to hear from you.

Another possibility could be a "Giving Blood for Freedom" day, which I'm sure we could work with the Red Cross to help us publicize.

Any other ideas along these lines? Would anyone like to help me to make an idea like this happen?

Bump it if you like it -- www.WeLoveFreedom.com

Agent CSL
01-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I like this idea. I would love to start something like this in my town. If a website gets made for it, I'll pledge.

DeadtoSin
01-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I think the best way to get some support going is to throw together some kind of site. It'd mostly be just for organization and so we could get official info quick. I think this is an awesome idea.

ItsTime
01-14-2008, 09:32 PM
There was a food drive at the rally in New Hampshire this fall. 800 people there no news.. wonderful times :)

herepamwas
01-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Here! Here! What a great idea!

skeryl
01-14-2008, 09:33 PM
I like this idea as well.. I think it would be very beneficial to associate Ron Paul's grassroots organization with helping the community.

Even if it is picking up trash/litter on the streets as a "clean up corrupt washington" march or something like that.

There has to be something good to associate us with other than Ron Paul.

Agent CSL
01-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Has anyone had any experience organizing last-minute events like this before? Cause I'm interested but I have no experience.

hummtide
01-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Contact the Harvest Food banks and tell em we're working to help hunger!

emeriste
01-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I have no experience but I think we can do this. I just registered Giving4Paul.com can anyone help me put together a site?

hummtide
01-14-2008, 09:55 PM
How about January 27th for the collection day?

Melissa
01-14-2008, 09:58 PM
i too would be interested in this idea

Agent CSL
01-14-2008, 10:00 PM
I have no experience but I think we can do this. I just registered Giving4Paul.com can anyone help me put together a site?
I am interested in making a site, if you have some hosting. Do you have MSN messenger?

I think February 2nd would be a good day for this. Is there anything else going on on Feb 2nd?

liberty_Forever
01-14-2008, 10:02 PM
This is a great idea. I have $500 down on this.

bump

Edward
01-14-2008, 10:07 PM
This idea has been floated numerous times in Ron Paul Forums (search threads for "food" and "drive"). Everyone says they think it's a good idea, but it never seems to get off the ground. Good luck!

emeriste
01-14-2008, 10:17 PM
I've got a domain and hosting. Does any one have the skills to actually build the site? Here is what I have so far: www.Giving4Paul.com

liberty_Forever
01-14-2008, 10:21 PM
nice site... no I don't have the web skills to do this, but I will promote and donate to it. anyone good with php?

b0mexlex
01-14-2008, 10:23 PM
I live in sf california..i think it's a great idea and could sprread the word and give some canned goods if this gets off the ground. Something strange is going on in America and we need to do w/e we can to fix it. Hope this gets going!

emeriste
01-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I've bought the domain www.Giving4Paul.com and the hosting. I just need a web developer to volunteer to make the site. It will need to have some kind of 'registration/pledging' and email ability I guess. I can help with written content. I've also bought the domain Giving4Liberty.com so that we can redirect from it. I will get this off the ground if I can get some help from people with the technical skills.

www.WeLoveFreedom.com

SneakyFrenchSpy
01-14-2008, 10:32 PM
FYI www.ronpaulfooddrive.com is available as a domain name.

emeriste
01-14-2008, 10:36 PM
What would be a good date or days to do this? Maybe over a weekend? The logistics of this may not be as complicated as one may think. You get the pledges (along with information about where the food will be delivered to) Each pledge will contact the local press about the effort. I will contact the press about the effort as well. Maybe we could get each food pantry we deliver to to make some kind of statement for us? (I'm just brainstorming, excuse my stream of consciousness).

Once certain details are worked out this is no more complicated than getting out in your neighborhood and going door to door asking for a canned good. Nothing difficult about that. They do it in the girl scouts. Just take the opportunity to tell them WHY you are doing it, and WHO you are doing it for. In most cases I would think the conversation and canvassing takes care of itself.

But what date(s) would be good to shoot for?

thegr8drronpaul
01-14-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm thinking that the 2nd would be too close to super tuesday. How about the Saturday before ... January 26th

Excellent idea. And it would probably help those who have a fear of going door to door. Buffers always help :)

liberty_Forever
01-14-2008, 10:41 PM
yeah I think Feb would be a good time. give us some time to remain organized. this is more about doing what's right than just name promotion...

Agent CSL
01-14-2008, 10:41 PM
I'll volunteer to make the site, graphics wise. I'm not sure about making a pledge feature, I'm not to great in PHP, but I'm sure I can find something to work or a newsletter feature.

We need a couple people who have experience in organizing food drives.

laura@outerleap.net - email (I'll reply within 20 minutes, importing some video, making my computer lag like hell)

emeriste
01-14-2008, 11:10 PM
Okay thanks! Would anyone else like to join the team?

Agent CSL
01-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Blimp