PDA

View Full Version : Get the vote (Maybe)

123tim
01-14-2008, 09:09 PM
I put the (Maybe) in my title because they might be dumb ideas...but then again maybe not.

Maybe you could modify one of these ideas to suit your needs?
.................................................. ..................................................
Idea #1
While traveling to the Pennsylvania Farm Show this last week, I found myself sitting in traffic in one spot for over 15 minutes. We had seen several Ron Paul signs during our trip and were now stopped and sitting idle. We had just passed one of those information signs saying to tune into a certain frequency to get up to date information on a local school - I was listening to it.

This made me think of this idea:
1.) Find a spot where traffic creeps along at a slow pace.
2.) Get a cheap FM transmitter like this one:
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=140984
(This one really isn't all that cheap, but it had a good spec. sheet so I used it for my example.)
3.) Get a cheap mp3 player and connect to the transmitter.
4.) Find some good Ron Paul audio having a good and fast message.
5.) Put the whole package in a sealed container (painted to blend in with the surroundings) and hide it close to the roadway. Make certain that the antenna is exposed through the container.
6.) Put up a well made sign saying "Listen to Ron Paul" and put the transmitter frequency under this.

Maybe your yard is right along a highway like this?

Range seems to vary, but I saw one with a range of thirty meters.

.................................................. .................................................. ..

Idea#2
Put the same transmitter in the back of your car (or truck) window along with some sort of sign saying "Ron Paul" listen now at xx.x MHZ!" If you sit in a lot of slow traffic the person behind you might be bored and try to see what this is all about.

Maybe you could put a small sign on your side window and drive at the speed limit so that everyone slowly passes you. The bored passenger of the other vehicle (who will inevitably look at you) just might decide to tune in.
If you decide that this might be for you, please try to look normal!

I don't know about the legality of these things. Please make certain that you check on your local laws. The last thing that we need is a Youtube video entitled "Ron Paul driver gets tasered by police".

In searching the forum I found this post:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=66580&highlight=transmitter
I guess that my Idea isn't orignial. The original post even has the same transmitter.
Sorry about that.

Edit #2
After reading this post I realized that they are not the same idea. I still think that I must have read it at one time though. Put my idea in my head. :)
Tim

krott5333
01-14-2008, 09:11 PM
30 meters advertised is like 15 in reality.

how about a mile or two, eh eh eh?

123tim
01-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Wonder how far you could transmit locally?