PDA

View Full Version : Hmm... problem?

Eric23
01-14-2008, 08:24 PM
This is the first time I've even heard of the money bomb and I consider myself a big Paul supporter, but haven't been spending that much time on the Internet of late. I guess I'm saying is we need to reach those new doors who don't visit youtube, myspace, facebook, etc.

Just seems wierd to me that my friends and people in my meetup group haven't heard about this bomb yet.

Quantumystic
01-14-2008, 08:45 PM
There's been alot of back and forth over what should be done. So the buzz hasn't been nearly what it was the first 2 times.

Some believe the "money bomb" idea should be shelved for the immediate future because continuing that specific reference will begin working against us PR-wise. We did it twice. First setting a GOP record, then setting an all-time record... proving we could not only repeat but surpass the original effort.

That's about as much positive PR mileage as we're gonna get out of the MSM over this, and the moment the next time doesn't dramatically surpass the last time... the press will be all over it as a "failure".

The campaign needs cash ALL the time. Supposedly, EVERY Friday is "Ron Paul's Payday" with the goal of raising a minimum of $500,000 each Friday... on top of all the other days. From the looks of the campaign widget, that's fallen a bit behind the intended pace of fundraising.

Obviously, give what you can when you can. If you've got money you can still give on the 21st, go for it.

Corydoras
01-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Please tell your friends and your meetup group, okay?

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Let's hope HQ sends out an official donation email on the 21st.

Jeremy
01-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Let's hope HQ sends out an official donation email on the 21st.

Well I don't know if they can talk about this event

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Well I don't know if they can talk about this event

No, but Ron Paul can make an appeal for a donation on the same day, or late at night the day before.

Jeremy
01-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Ya, I think he should do that