PDA

View Full Version : Absentee Ballots Ready Ready Made Paper Trail

makrothymia
01-14-2008, 08:08 PM
From a R P meet up group ---

On an unrelated topic, I was speaking with my father today about ways to avoid voter fraud. He suggested that all Ron Paul supporters vote using an absentee ballot, to avoid optical scanners or other computerized systems.

Does anyone think that we should make this a goal for all Ron Paul voters on February 5th? This would ensure a paper trail. Worth it? Not worth it?

Thoughts?
Thanks..
Chris

Richie
01-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Absentee ballots are just as dangerous as touch screen voting, if not more so. Yes, there is a paper trail. However, they are counted with the same Diebold optical scanners that are used at the polls. Also, they use computer software to compare your signature to the signature on the application. If it doesn't match, sorry. Ballot rejected. Hundreds of ballots get rejected that shouldn't because of this. Not to mention all the risks of it getting lost in the mail, counted in secret, etc.

Rambo4
01-14-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm not sure how firm this is, but I've heard that absentee ballots are only counted if there is a close race. So if all Ron Paul supporters submit absentee ballots, they may not even count them because they see so few real ballots. Worth checking on at least

ETA: if this happens to be true, how did this affect our military supporters overseas?

Richie
01-14-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure how firm this is, but I've heard that absentee ballots are only counted if there is a close race. So if all Ron Paul supporters submit absentee ballots, they may not even count them because they see so few real ballots. Worth checking on at least

ETA: if this happens to be true, how did this affect our military supporters overseas?

This varies from state to state.