PDA

View Full Version : Judge Hands Kucinich a Right to Debate

123tim
01-14-2008, 07:33 PM
http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008/01/14/judge-finds-gives-kucinich-a-right-to-debate/#cont

(MSNBC Las-Vegas debate.)

evadmurd
01-14-2008, 07:40 PM
WOW! Will it stand?

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Awesome. We need to do the same for our Dr too.

angrydragon
01-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Hmm I'm not sure I like the way that's going, the judge is basically trumping over the property rights of NBC. It is unfair of them to change the rules and if there was a breach of contract, I could understand that, but the Judge doesn't give any reasons or backs up his ruling with anything.

rockandrollsouls
01-14-2008, 07:54 PM
The media's involvement with the political process is a VERY dangerous thing in my opinion. As far as I can recall, it has never been ANYONE's place to pick and choose who can voice his or her opinion. The larger the hand the media has in picking your candidates for you, the more of our true democratic system we lose.

freelance
01-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Hmm I'm not sure I like the way that's going, the judge is basically trumping over the property rights of NBC. It is unfair of them to change the rules and if there was a breach of contract, I could understand that, but the Judge doesn't give any reasons or backs up his ruling with anything.

The judge hands down a decision. The article hand-picked a quote here and there.

Nevermind. It may be a BS ruling. Still, I'm glad the underdog came out on top for a change.

RPinSEAZ
01-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Courts in the past often ruled that the public owns the airwaves and that the publics right to be informed trump any rights of the licensees of the airwaves.

fuzzybekool
01-14-2008, 08:05 PM

I agree NBC has private property rights. But, if the airwaves are public, and the debate is being televised, then private property rights becomes secondary, and the best interest of the public at large becomes the dominate factor.

Ethek
01-14-2008, 08:32 PM
I agree NBC has private property rights. But, if the airwaves are public, and the debate is being televised, then private property rights becomes secondary, and the best interest of the public at large becomes the dominate factor.

Honestly, I would extend this to Cable as well if not for the simple reason that Cable Co.s are government backed monopolies. If a candidate qualifies for the ballot in the state its being televised in they should be included. That last part was just mho.

CountryboyRonPaul
01-14-2008, 08:48 PM

I'm glad to see Kucinich let into the debate.

But, now they have to justify not letting the other 15 candidates that none of us have ever heard of, and don't have a shot, into the debate. That's what worries me and probably what is worrying others too.

fedup100
01-14-2008, 08:56 PM

They have no private property rights, the airwaves are public. They are influencing a national election...Why wasn't this done on Paul's behalf?? How sad that we have let the controlled media run him over and then back up and hit him again..

I have posted many posts pointing out we need to file suits and stop this monster.
Dtito for NH and voter fraud.