PDA

View Full Version : This is not a war! Campaign with calm love not loud hate

biegel
01-14-2008, 06:47 PM
The whole "F*ck you Frank", "Fox news sucks", scream Ron Paul at the top of your lungs to cars driving by stuff needs to stop! This is not a war, we are one nation, and we are trying to win the hearts of everyone.

All the conspiracy theory, loud, confrontational, protest style stuff is killing this campaign and if we see people claiming to represent Ron Paul behaving this way it is our responsibility to tell them to stop.

Everyone needs to see this (http://unsilenced.info/index.php?topic=24.0).

Physics
01-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I agree, I've been saying this for a couple days now. I even wrote an email to Frank. He has told me he would even talk about us in a good way if we were merely civil with him.

I encourage you all to write Frank an email, explaining that we are angry, and sick and tired of biased media coverage. The trick is, keep it polite, keep it polite, keep it polite. If he writes you a nasty message back, just ignore it. We really need to rise above the child-like behavior and act like we want Ron Paul to win.

If we keep going down the road of anger and violence, we're just going to get labeled a terrorist organization and be subject to the government we are trying to change. We are not yet at war!

Runnerguy
01-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Nice try Frank;)

martinocortez
01-14-2008, 07:22 PM
I agree, I've been saying this for a couple days now. I even wrote an email to Frank. He has told me he would even talk about us in a good way if we were merely civil with him.

Better still, learn who watches fox and

1) how to tailor the pitch to the demographic who watches Fox News
2) Sell Frank on how said pitch will be of interest to their demographic

....Or you can tell him to FOAD and kiss a huge swath of potential voters goodbye.

Do understand Ron Paul is a conservative candidate. Guess who Fox has for a demographic? It ain't the same who listens to NPR, that is for sure!

Truth be told, media relations with major international news corporations should be handled by whomever is running a campaign. If you let your constituents call up the dude who has a huge say in if you are on the air or not, you run the risk of seriously blowing it by having them mis-represent the campaign.

biegel
01-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Nice try Frank;)

How'd you know?

Soccrmastr
01-14-2008, 08:40 PM
If i see Frank I will scream Fuck You Frank then go and shake his hand and ask him why he's doing this to Ron Paul. And attempt to have a conversation. But the whole Fuck you frank thing seems to much fun to pass up. same as fuck you hannity and fox news. just too much fun.

acptulsa
01-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Yeah, it feels good, but it doesn't win converts. "A kind answer turneth away wrath" should be our guiding principle. People, Dr. Paul is being painted as a nut job by the left and the right! Dr. Paul a nut job!?! We cannot saboutage our man by "proving them right" in the eyes of casual observers.

In blogging on other sites, I have done well by providing calm, reasonable answers to spirited attacks on Dr. Paul. I think this is important! My goal is to make everyone else say to themselves, "Who's the nut job here?"

The whole idea of this election is that we need a revolution and the Founding Fathers gave us a way to have one without bloodshed and the loss (or even the interruption) of civilization. Please remember that.

Perium
01-15-2008, 07:41 AM
After hearing in the news about these hate messages we have sent Frank, Hannity & Beck I first wonder if they are true. If they are true it makes me wonder why I am supporting Paul because the blowback from the "Angry" messages are what people will remeber, not his great ideas

gutteck
01-15-2008, 07:55 AM
I don't want to be pessimistic to your hopes but if we see more of what angers supporters we will see more anger. Simple math. I say let them scream and all as long as they dont hurt anybody or break any laws they have the right. Plus the media is trying to paint the picture that Ron Paul has 1 supporter per city so let’s show otherwise I say.

acptulsa
01-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Yes, crowds are good. But shout the message, not threats or hate.

phree
01-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Common sense is, well, uncommon.

Anti Federalist
01-15-2008, 10:34 AM
biegal wrote:

This is not a war, we are one nation

It's not?

We are?

I have nothing in common, there is no common bond or sense of unity, with people that would continue illegal war, continue the police state, continue the welfare state and all the death, violence and misery that comes with all of it.

These people are my enemies, they are a threat to peace and freedom, they are a dark hearted blight on humanity, whether they are aware of what they are doing or not.

You better freakin' believe we are at war.

Bison
01-15-2008, 10:43 AM
If i see Frank I will scream Fuck You Frank then go and shake his hand and ask him why he's doing this to Ron Paul. And attempt to have a conversation. But the whole Fuck you frank thing seems to much fun to pass up. same as fuck you hannity and fox news. just too much fun.

Act like a fifteen year old if you must, but you will be partially to blame for hurting RP's chances at the nomination.

Young people alone will not give RP the win. He needs the older folks to vote for him. If you guys continue to make an ass of yourself in Ron Paul's name, then the older people will conclude that Ron Paul must be like you. That will be a shame.

You can be aggressive and hold their feet to the fire without being an ass.

Don't act like you have some kind of power over Frank Luntz because you can cuss at him. All he has to do is talk bad about RP on the air every time he gets a chance to and you lose, we lose, and our country loses. Like it or not, a great portion of voters believe everything that comes across their TV. If they hear that RP's supporters are nuts then they will conclude that Ron Paul is the candidate of nuts. They will never give him a fair look.

And again, we lose.

Lets help Ron Paul win.

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 10:49 AM
To all you angry folks who feel better by attacking others just ask yourself...

What does Ron Paul do?

Anger is not necessarily a bad thing, but it easily leads to bad decisions.

If you aren't trying to sell the message, you really aren't helping Ron Paul.

And you don't sell something by insulting the customer.

While there may be a small handful of truly evil people who actually seek to destroy this Country, most of the one's who marginalize or disrespect Ron Paul are simply ignorant and misguided.

With enough time, patience, and education they may also come around.

But every time some wild-eyed Ron Paul supporter attacks them verbally or insults them with profanity, it makes it that much harder for the rest of us.

rpfan2008
01-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Well sometimes you guys may need to show a bit of aggression in certain occasions or in issues like Iraq etc, which should not be in anyway directed at any candidate specially that who they support. It may make them feel protective for the same..so IMHO we can pull in the MSM/ neo-cons/ pro-war Mil-Indust lobby nexus and should try to show our view as we think of other (pro-war) candidates as mere sheeples who are being misused by the war propagandist. And show a passive sympathy for other candidate too. Not promoting Ron Paul as a competitor but
as said earlier Revolution. They should feel that voting Ron Paul is totally different from just participating in the election.

liberty_Forever
01-15-2008, 10:53 AM
I think Frank Luntz is a prick.

But yes, I agree shouting is unnecessary, etc. ...save that for when the executive branch declares martial law...