PDA

View Full Version : Interview with NY musician who supports Ron Paul and penned song for Ron Paul

RonPaulVolunteer
01-14-2008, 06:46 PM
Interview with NY musician who supports Ron Paul

Source: http://www.wnypapers.com/news/2008/01/d4_scibilia.htm

Scibilia song used in Ron Paul campaign

http://www.wnypapers.com/news/2008/01/images/d4_scibilia1.jpg
Filmmaker Julian Smith, left above and below, worked with Marc Scibilia in creating
a video for “Hope Anthem,” a rallying song for presidential candidate Ron Paul.
(photos by Matt Brown/WNYacoustic.com)

http://www.wnypapers.com/news/2008/01/images/d4_scibilia2.jpg

by Joshua Maloni
Grand Island Dispatch, January 4, 2008

A song penned by Marc Scibilia, a Grand Island native working locally and in Nashville, has become part of Ron Paul’s presidential campaign. The 21-year-old performer’s piece has become the backdrop for numerous YouTube videos generated by Paul’s grassroots supporters.

“Hope Anthem,” Scibilia said, “resonated with what (Paul) was saying.” In the song, he says, “The freedom sound rings past politics and all its empty words/ Can’t be put down, the broken bell will be heard/ Would you listen to a poet or a prophet/ Journal all this world’s injustice or try and stop it/ Can you feel the com’n change, though hell is here today/ Hope is on its way.”

Scibilia said the song, which he had previously in parts, became whole when he learned about the Republican congressman from Texas.

“I felt like it was a really good fit,” he said. “I felt it was applicable for the message of freedom that he promotes.”

The singer spoke Wednesday from New Hampshire, where he performed late Tuesday for members of Paul’s team. He said he first learned of Paul, and his “rEVOLution,” from his friend, “God’s iPod” creator Israel Anderson.

The New Zealand-bred podcaster is a Paul supporter, and encouraged Marc to find out more about Paul’s message.

“I started reading and studying and asking around, and (Paul’s campaign) seemed like it was really legitimate,” Scibilia said. He called the candidate, “very trustworthy” and said, “He’s a man of integrity. Period.”

Scibilia created a Web site, www.hopeanthem.com, to show his support for Paul. After Anderson used the song in one of his podcasts, it went global, and Paul supporters quickly picked it up and ran with it.

The singer, himself, created a video for “Hope Anthem.” Though nothing more than his picture and the song, the tune climbed last week to No. 2 on YouTube’s music chart.

“I thought that was kind of funny,” Scibilia said.

Last weekend, Julian Smith, a renowned Nashville filmmaker whose credits include Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi, came to Scibilia’s home on Grand Island. Over the course of 24 hours, the two hammered out a proper video to accompany the song.

“It just sort of made sense to have a good video,” Scibilia said.

Of the shoot’s results, he said, “You’re not going to want to miss it – it will mess with your eyes! … I’m playing everything in the video – all at once. We thought we’d have a little fun with the video.”

That creation, Scibilia said, should be posted online in a few weeks. Currently, he is hosting a contest for amateur filmmakers through the “Hope Anthem” Web site.

In between touring stops in support of his 2007 release “Fixity,” Scibilia will continue to campaign for Paul – whom he recently met, and who, just this week, sent the singer a note of thanks for the song.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-17-2008, 12:26 AM
bump

hillertexas
01-17-2008, 12:38 AM
When will we be able to see the video?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Right on.

smartguy911
01-17-2008, 12:46 AM
I am liking it - http://hopeanthem.com/

RonPaulVolunteer
01-17-2008, 01:15 AM
When will we be able to see the video?

It's taking longer than expected. Possibly by Mon 28th. It will be like nothing you've seen. Very creative.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-17-2008, 11:07 PM
bump

RonPaulVolunteer
01-20-2008, 09:55 PM
bump

RonPaulVolunteer
01-26-2008, 02:59 PM
+!