PDA

View Full Version : why should I donate?

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 06:35 PM
I work hard for my money. (so hard for it, honey):p

I want to donate more to the campaign, but there seem to be a lot of supporters who are bound and determined to kill the campaign with their scandalous behavior and make my donation be nothing but a waste.

Seriously, emailing threats and harassing people? Why not just go vote for Rudi and be done with it.

I'll donate again, because I believe in Congressman Paul, but I'll do it grudgingly knowing that some of his supporters are just waiting for the chance to show their asses again.

Grow the hell up, people. We represent Ron Paul and some of you are doing your damnedest to kill his campaign.:mad:

Jeremy
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
We are supporting Ron Paul, not a bunch of people who email a lot.

snaFU
01-14-2008, 06:39 PM
seriously this is absolutely true.

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 06:42 PM
We are supporting Ron Paul, not a bunch of people who email a lot.

Yeah and they are undoing the hard work of a lot of supporters, just so they can make themselves feel better.

I can't make them stop or grow up, but I can quit wasting my money if they're so damned intent on ensuring his loss.

Jeremy
01-14-2008, 06:43 PM
What emails are you referring to exactly?

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Pick anyone in the media practically.

It's one thing to write an email sincerely voicing ones displeasure. It's a whole new ball game to threaten, stalk, and harass.

Jeremy
01-14-2008, 06:51 PM
I think most people send polite ones... at least I hope they do. I'm sure there are some mean ones, but there's not much we can do about it....

Fudwamper
01-14-2008, 06:53 PM
You have a very valid point. Why should you donate money when their are people that are passionate but do not take a very intelligent approach to converse with people so they can make their own decisions? I can not give you answer to that. I can only ask you to denounce those people for their tact and try and converse with those that you think might listen to a more respectful voice.

I ask you to donate any sum of money, even if it is a dollar, just so the people of this country who feel they are alone on their vote and they feel they might be wasting a vote to know that they are not alone and we can all stand up together to be heard.

fmontez
01-14-2008, 06:53 PM
I agree 100% with the OP. All the negative emails, hostile posts on other forums, and harassing people (like chasing Sean Hannity down a public street) only hurt Ron Paul. We should model our behavior after Ron Paul’s demeanor, and get our talking points from Ron Paul’s platform.

The good news is that Dr. Paul has been getting more vocal about restraining his more “enthusiastic” supporters. Don’t let a few fools keep you from donating.

Cindy
01-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Money is what Washington DC listens too, not people.

Sending HQ money is sending a voice to Washington that says, " We are tired of the status quo and want what Paul is putting on the table. "

Today, the national Republican Party chairmen held a press conference and was talking about the youth vote. He talked about Paul briefly, only because, Paul had a note worthy money bomb total to mention on the subject.

Washington hears money when it's talking.

The money we send HQ gives Paul's message more credibility with those who only hear the sound of money .......cha ching.

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Washington only has so many votes. The people who have the votes are not Washington, but our fellow citizens.

They do not want to be associated with these actions, nor do I. They are turned away by this behavior, because they are not as aware of his message. I know the candidate, I will not be deterred in voting for him but those who don't know him yet, are becoming less and less interested because of the actions of some freaking vandals and thugs.

People don't listen to others who shriek and yell. They just don't.

Geez, we've even got people spray painting "Ron Paul 2008" on city property and private buildings.

I get to hear it daily, "Hey, I see you vandals for Ron Paul were busy at work over on 21st and Memorial. Did you do that with your left hand so they couldn't trace the handwriting?"

Nice.

Jeremy
01-14-2008, 07:11 PM
I've never heard of that....

source?

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Heard of what?

If you're referring to the spray paint, it's in my town. My source is my eyes.

Jeremy
01-14-2008, 07:13 PM
What did they spray paint?

The campaign should sue them over that...

Fudwamper
01-14-2008, 07:14 PM
I feel your pain. The only thing we can do is denounce that action and speak with civility and hope that people will listen or take it upon themselves to research themselves.

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 07:18 PM

Overpasses so far and one building.

Mostly there's signs and those are good, but I cringe when I see or get a call about graffiti.

Jeremy
01-14-2008, 07:19 PM
When did this happen? You should contact the campaign....

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the responses, all. I don't want to be trolling or negative, but someone has got to make these people understand that they're hurting our chances.

I want Ron Paul to be President more than I've wanted anything in a very long time. I was optimistic before I started seeing such wild and unchivalrous behavior.

Now I find it very hard to feel optimism unless Ron Paul publicly and harshly denounces their behavior and unless they cease their harmful actions.

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 07:23 PM
When did this happen? You should contact the campaign....

Oh I don't know when it happened. They aren't on any of my daily traveled routes, so I couldn't really give a very accurate timeline.

I considered contacting the campaign, but they're so busy already with people, supporters again, who bother them every time someone sneezes.

fmontez
01-14-2008, 07:24 PM

You are kidding right? This is a long standing debate on this forum, and most other RP forums, and most meetup groups. A small, extremely vocal group of truthers, haters, and racists have been really harming the movement. Unlike other candidates, Ron Paul is judged by the caliber of his worst supporters. The Glenn Beck interview and the SC debate are two good examples of Dr. Paul trying to distance himself from the actions of some of his supporters.

For me the breaking point was the assault on Sean Hannity. Sure I dislike his politics, but that video has done more to harm Dr. Paul and vindicated Mr. Hannity. These videos and emails make Dr. Paul and ALL his supporters look like raving loons… which is exactly what the establishment wants.

If we care about Dr. Paul and the Movement we need to control our emotions and be respectful, even if our opponents are not.

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Bless you for 'getting it' fmontez. :)

Cinci4RP
01-14-2008, 07:34 PM

II'll donate again, because I believe in Congressman Paul, but I'll do it grudgingly knowing that some of his supporters are just waiting for the chance to show their asses again.

Grow the hell up, people. We represent Ron Paul and some of you are doing your damnedest to kill his campaign.:mad:

Some don't respond well to constant harassment. I get angry myself, but, stooping to these tactics needs to be quelled.....

At least until after the RNC.

James T
01-14-2008, 07:38 PM
SC needs canvassers!!!!

spm1024
01-14-2008, 08:25 PM
This is all just embarrassing.

I have been supporting Ron Paul from a distance for several months, but after the exclusion from the debate I decided to see if I could get involved. I started reading as much as I could, watching old interviews on youtube that I had missed, got on the campaign website and ordered 1000 slim jims and a shirt.

That eventually led here, about a week ago, and I am appalled by what I see going on here. Outright hostility toward others, abuse of newcomers (I am guessing it will take about thirty seconds after I post this that somebody will say "STFU N00b!! One post...FU Troll. lolerskates").

I am going to give as generously as I can on the 21st, and hit the streets of my neighborhood with my shipment of slimjims, but I think I have had about enough of the "Ron Paul Supporters".

This movement will go down in history with the Deaniacs as a huge joke unless people start acting like they are old enough to vote.

inibo
01-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Welcome, spm1024.

spm1024
01-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Welcome, spm1024.

Thank you!

VoluntaryMan
01-14-2008, 08:52 PM

I want to donate more to the campaign, but there seem to be a lot of supporters who are bound and determined to kill the campaign with their scandalous behavior and make my donation be nothing but a waste.

Seriously, emailing threats and harassing people? Why not just go vote for Rudi and be done with it.

I'll donate again, because I believe in Congressman Paul, but I'll do it grudgingly knowing that some of his supporters are just waiting for the chance to show their asses again.

A recent poll on this forum revealed that 1 in 20 posters here are self-described "trolls." Extrapolate that figure to the grassroots in general, and it isn't difficult to conceive that a certain fixed percentage of "supporters" are really just associating themselves with the campaign, in order to give the rest of us a bad name. I wouldn't get too exercised over the "bad apples." I suspect most of them actually came from a different barrel.

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Yes yes. Welcome, spm.

Thank you for adding your voice and for supporting Ron Paul. :)

PlzPeopleWakeUp
01-14-2008, 08:57 PM
nt

danberkeley
01-14-2008, 09:00 PM
donate or dont, your money wont be worth anything in 4 years if Ron Paul doesnt get elected!

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 09:00 PM

Well...this forum isn't actually the campaign. so maybe just not use the behaviour of people on this forum to base your decisions on? Just an idea...

Bilgefisher
01-14-2008, 09:01 PM

Mom4Ron your concerns are valid. Unfortunately I don't really see any way out of it. If Ron decries it, it will only get worse. (Three headed Dragon so to speak).

I'll be donating my hard earned money simply because I feel graffiti will be the least of our concerns if we don't pick the right candidate. Is it money down the drain, perhaps it is. My feeling on the matter, its like all those voters who say he can't win and therefor vote for the lesser guys. He can't win if we don't vote for him. He can't win if we don't support him.

I'll I ask is this, if you can't donate (which is perfectly fine) please positively contribute to the campaign in some manner. Whether its as simple as telling two friends or as detailed as becoming a precinct captain or delegate. No small deed will be unnoticed.

Bossobass
01-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Just look at what this government took from you through FICA, Soc Sec, Medicare and medicaid in 2007, and remember, they're never going to stop taking it from you and you're never getting a dime of it back from them.

I promised my support to Ron personally, back in May. I had no strings attached. He said, "As long as you keep coming out here, I'll be there to deliver the message."

Imagine the commitment he's made. After 30 years of heroic public service, he's endured countless insulting questions and accusations, he's traveled around this country with an incredibly exhausting schedule. I was in NH at the end of May when he showed up at the after debate party. He stayed until 2:00 AM greeting every single person, then I saw him 2 hours later at the airport, alone, schlepping his own bags through the airport to board a commercial flight to DC. He's been ridiculed, blacked out, vilified, badgered, falsely accused, had to read about CIA death plots, etc., etc.

I'm in it until he tells me to go home. Donations are part of it, and right now, it's the best investment any American with a brain can make. Stop smoking, stop buying plastic crapola from China, keep your old car, drive less, disconnect cable TV, get a side job...whatever it takes.

I can only speak for myself, but I hope it helps answer your question. It ain't over until Ron says it is. If he loses, it will not be because he didn't do his part to the fullest, against all odds.

Bosso

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Just look at what this government took from you through FICA, Soc Sec, Medicare and medicaid in 2007, and remember, they're never going to stop taking it from you and you're never getting a dime of it back from them.

I promised my support to Ron personally, back in May. I had no strings attached. He said, "As long as you keep coming out here, I'll be there to deliver the message."

Imagine the commitment he's made. After 30 years of heroic public service, he's endured countless insulting questions and accusations, he's traveled around this country with an incredibly exhausting schedule. I was in NH at the end of May when he showed up at the after debate party. He stayed until 2:00 AM greeting every single person, then I saw him 2 hours later at the airport, alone, schlepping his own bags through the airport to board a commercial flight to DC. He's been ridiculed, blacked out, vilified, badgered, falsely accused, had to read about CIA death plots, etc., etc.

I'm in it until he tells me to go home. Donations are part of it, and right now, it's the best investment any American with a brain can make. Stop smoking, stop buying plastic crapola from China, keep your old car, drive less, disconnect cable TV, get a side job...whatever it takes.

I can only speak for myself, but I hope it helps answer your question. It ain't over until Ron says it is. If he loses, it will not be because he didn't do his part to the fullest, against all odds.

Bosso

You the man Bosso. For me it's been Oatmeal for breakfast and Raman noodles for lunch for the past few months now so I can pay for my Ron Paul addiction. Bringing my own coffee and soft drinks to work so I don't spend money at convience stores. Actual sacrifice of lifestyle, not that I had much of one to start with. And I still think I should be doing more...

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Well...this forum isn't actually the campaign. so maybe just not use the behaviour of people on this forum to base your decisions on? Just an idea...
I'm referring to the bad press that Ron Paul is getting due to the public behavior of some of his supporters.

Bossobass
01-14-2008, 09:20 PM
You the man Bosso. For me it's been Oatmeal for breakfast and Raman noodles for lunch for the past few months now so I can pay for my Ron Paul addiction. Bringing my own coffee and soft drinks to work so I don't spend money at convience stores. Actual sacrifice of lifestyle, not that I had much of one to start with. And I still think I should be doing more...

Love this post. You're my hero for the week.

Bosso

acroso
01-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Give Hannity another good chasing and I'll throw in a few hundred more.

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks, Bilge, Boss, and William. I will continue to donate and talk to people, but I sure wish there weren't others waiting in the wings to swoop in and undo the good that gets done.

We've all heard the saying about how bad service gets mentioned 10 more times than good service does. This is no different.

There's a bunch of good things going on. I loved when we spammed the food bank at that one Ron Paul event (I'd like to have seen that continued) and some of the other positive things, like the money bombs. To say there's a lot of enthusiasm would a gross understatement, but too much of it is getting channeled the wrong way and that is biting us in the ass.

I know what you're saying, William. Ron has taken a lot, and I understand the anger at his and our treatment, I just think that acting out on that anger in certain ways isn't helping. We can pour that anger into better activities than chasing some talking head down the street and getting even more bad press for our candidate or mailbombing and threatening some media person so that they refuse to even mention Ron Paul. We should endeavor not to leave a bad taste in the mouths that we wish to hear sweet words from.

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 09:40 PM
I'm referring to the bad press that Ron Paul is getting due to the public behavior of some of his supporters.

Have you seen drudgereport.com today? The democrats are attacking each other over...are you ready...RACISM! They are tearing into each other over it!

Sure it's no fun to hear Ron Paul get smeared in the media, but politics is inherently a dirty thing. I mean how much more darn near perfect integrity can you get than Ron Paul? It wouldn't matter if he were 100% perfect he would still be smeared. Even though he isn't perfect the worst that can be found is 20 year old newsletters with some politically incorrect and mildly bigoted articles that he didn't even write. The fact that the media has to look to his supporters to smear him shows how little there is bad about Ron Paul himself.

Even if every single supporter of Ron Pauls were perfectly behaved at all times there would still be people who would make stuff up and use it to smear with, and others who will run with it and treat it like news, and still others who will believe it. It's the nature of politics.

Corydoras
01-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Why should you donate?

Habeas corpus is a gutted.
Posse comitatus is dead.
The Fourth Amendment is a joke.
Medical privacy is gone.
The Second Amendment is eroded.

That's why.

Watch "What We Chose to Ignore" again.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jl1VIhdpl4c

What is at stake is a whole lot bigger than the question of whether anyone threw snow at Hannity, okay? Freedom is in danger and the police state is rising.

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks, Bilge, Boss, and William. I will continue to donate and talk to people, but I sure wish there weren't others waiting in the wings to swoop in and undo the good that gets done.

We've all heard the saying about how bad service gets mentioned 10 more times than good service does. This is no different.

There's a bunch of good things going on. I loved when we spammed the food bank at that one Ron Paul event (I'd like to have seen that continued) and some of the other positive things, like the money bombs. To say there's a lot of enthusiasm would a gross understatement, but too much of it is getting channeled the wrong way and that is biting us in the ass.

I know what you're saying, William. Ron has taken a lot, and I understand the anger at his and our treatment, I just think that acting out on that anger in certain ways isn't helping. We can pour that anger into better activities than chasing some talking head down the street and getting even more bad press for our candidate or mailbombing and threatening some media person so that they refuse to even mention Ron Paul. We should endeavor not to leave a bad taste in the mouths that we wish to hear sweet words from.

Just don't focus on what you can't control, that's the trick. If you worry about what you can do nothing to change, you harm yourself. If you see something you can do and make the effort, then you have helped us all.

If you were the individual who was needing campaign material (another thread, single mom signed on as precinct leader, low on funds) pm me. I'm ordering some slimjims tomorrow and I'll try and have some sent your way.

Mom4Ron
01-14-2008, 10:00 PM
No, that wasn't me. We've been printing slimjims. Thanks, though. :)

Avoiding focusing on what I can't control is good advice. I'll do my best to remember it.

WilliamC
01-14-2008, 10:02 PM
No, that wasn't me. We've been printing slimjims. Thanks, though. :)

Avoiding focusing on what I can't control is good advice. I'll do my best to remember it.

I found the post I was thinking of and bumped it. If they need help I'll try to get some of my stuff to them.

See? Just because of you. That's how this works, pay it forward :)

LiberalDemForRP
01-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I found the post I was thinking of and bumped it. If they need help I'll try to get some of my stuff to them.

See? Just because of you. That's how this works, pay it forward :)

I know you don't need any accolades here, but I was just moved by your generosity. Thanks, WilliamC.. you've inspired me.

Brian in Maryland
01-14-2008, 10:45 PM
There are no doubt, agents provocateur in our midst, on line and off, acting in any way they can to discredit us, cause in fighting, create doubt as to our cause, etc.

The attacks and subterfuge will intensify the further we progress. We are up against very powerful and devious people. These people are not going to just go away because we are right. They are not going to give up power without one hell of a fight. They will fight us tooth and nail to the bitter end. We in turn, need to fight twice as hard to overcome this. They do not care who becomes president as long as it is not Ron Paul.

My wife and I are making some small sacrifices to be able to donate to the campaign. We are doing this for our children and their children, etc. We are trying to break the cycle of perpetual debt that they have enslaved us to. All ten planks of the communist manifesto (http://www.libertyzone.com/Communist-Manifesto-Planks.html) have been implemented in this country. We are on the brink of abject tyranny.

We are doing this to restore the constitutional republic that the founders sacrificed their “lives, fortunes and sacred honors” ( http://www.jaredstory.com/limbaugh.html ) to give us.

Benjamin Franklin said it was a republic, if we could keep it.
( http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2000/cr020200.htm ) We haven’t kept it. It’s time to get it back.

Please donate.
https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

ralucelom
01-15-2008, 12:26 AM
I think most people send polite ones... at least I hope they do. I'm sure there are some mean ones, but there's not much we can do about it....

You're right, I also believe most people send polite ones. However with the nature
of the coverage media outlets give him currently, I wouldnt be surprised if they
highlight those few vulgar or threatening emails to the point where any other
such good natured message is ignored.

NocturnalC
01-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Have you seen drudgereport.com today? The democrats are attacking each other over...are you ready...RACISM! They are tearing into each other over it!

Sure it's no fun to hear Ron Paul get smeared in the media, but politics is inherently a dirty thing. I mean how much more darn near perfect integrity can you get than Ron Paul? It wouldn't matter if he were 100% perfect he would still be smeared. Even though he isn't perfect the worst that can be found is 20 year old newsletters with some politically incorrect and mildly bigoted articles that he didn't even write. The fact that the media has to look to his supporters to smear him shows how little there is bad about Ron Paul himself.

Even if every single supporter of Ron Pauls were perfectly behaved at all times there would still be people who would make stuff up and use it to smear with, and others who will run with it and treat it like news, and still others who will believe it. It's the nature of politics.

QFT

Kacela
01-15-2008, 09:17 AM
I and my wife both donated the max, and we cannot afford it. We now are eating alot of sandwiches and soup, have canceled utilities we don't need, set the thermostat to 66, stay in the same room so we only use one light on at a time, etc...

The point is, I donated because getting Dr. Paul's message out is worth it. Making all these "inconvenient" sacrifices now will save us all from making HUGE sacrifices later.

123tim
01-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Why should you donate? Because of this:
http://www.blacklistednews.com/view.asp?ID=5266

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 09:35 AM
This is a wonderful thread folks. Thank you all so much.

After this campaign is done, for better or worse, don't stop with your support. Even if Ron Paul does not win the White House and only gets re-elected to Congress he has the potential to be the most powerful man there should we stand behind him.

Also, look to other politicians willing to associate themselves with Ron Paul's name, not just his positions. Check out the Liberty Candidates subforum. Given the evident hatred of Ron Paul by the establishment it takes courage for a politician to associate with him. Find those politicians in your locality, contact them directly, let them know you appreciate that courage and to keep fighting not only for the principles but for Ron Paul.

This is how the rEVOLution grows....

gracebkr
01-15-2008, 09:55 AM
You're right, I also believe most people send polite ones. However with the nature
of the coverage media outlets give him currently, I wouldnt be surprised if they
highlight those few vulgar or threatening emails to the point where any other
such good natured message is ignored.

or someone who isn't a Ron Paul supporter cold have sent it. Then they air it.

Bossobass
01-15-2008, 09:57 AM
I loved when we spammed the food bank at that one Ron Paul event (I'd like to have seen that continued) and some of the other positive things, like the money bombs.

I'm with you on this.

It would be cool if we combined your dislikes with your likes this time and pledged a percentage of the MLK money bomb to a worthy charity.

We could hold a press conference and include the principals of the chosen charity with Congressman Paul, who could use the occasion to show the country what America could really do without the help of the Federal government programs...even in a recession. :cool:

Someone should explore this thought. It would certainly throw egg on the media's faces to show America that RP supporters are NOT crazy people, but that we are the opposite. Thoughtful, aware of the issues, generous and fervent.

Bosso

rockwell
01-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Pick anyone in the media practically.

It's one thing to write an email sincerely voicing ones displeasure. It's a whole new ball game to threaten, stalk, and harass.

The media would never make that up, right? You've actually seen these emails and investigated their origin, tracing them back to Ron Paul supporters, right?

This will never end, doesn't matter if you are able to contain 100% of RP's base and have them act like Miss Manners, and despite everything you know, you still give the MSM the benefit of the doubt, every time.

I think it's called Stockholm Syndrome. Yes, I'm sure of it.

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I know you don't need any accolades here, but I was just moved by your generosity. Thanks, WilliamC.. you've inspired me.

You're welcome. The purchase for this person was made from the ronpaul2008 website today. 500 slim jims and a bonus yard sign :)

Doc Dewey
01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
The DW and I were watching Beck tonight. He kept saying "We have not conservative candidate". "who is going to close the border", "who is going
to save the dollar", pretty much going over each point on the good doctors list.
DW kept yelling Ron Paul you fool, Ron Paul you fool. Yet he just said there is no one. She then says "thats it I give up, no more money for Ron Paul, he does not have a chance".
I say the black out, the bad mouthing, the missing polls, fake vote count, is the reason that we should give. Where else will the support come from. This is not just for electing Ron Paul this is for the message, the messenger, and the movement.
We give because the message is right,
We give because the movement is growing.
We give because the messenger is the most Honorable man in the country.

With each dollar given, another message is given, and another movement member is informed.
As the country enters difficult times, we want this message to be heard. Otherwise the solution that will be presented will be more control, less freedom.
The time to get the word out is now, before the home grown terrorism act makes mention of the constitution outlawed.

losinglife
01-16-2008, 01:08 AM
basically its an investment.

Donate to him, so that you make more on your paycheck later ;)

tpreitzel
01-16-2008, 01:24 AM
Really, I hope that this money bomb will do the trick, i.e. raise $20M, but something tells me otherwise. Personally, I think waiting until the last minute, i.e. just prior to Feb 5th, to donate to the Paul campaign is absolutely foolish! What happens if the MLK money bomb only brings in a few million? So, the campaign is stuck on the 22nd of January with a few million more to runs advertisements in 20+ states for Feb 5th? I don't think so. I think the grassroot movement for Dr. Paul is shooting themselves in the foot by waiting to donate on MLK's birthday. Personally, I've already donated 3x my December amount for January and won't be donating any more this month. Waiting seems like a recipe for disaster. Anyway, I wish the MLK money bomb much success, because we're going to need it regardless.

Josh_LA
01-16-2008, 02:09 AM

Why should you do things according to other people?

By your logic, don't support Ron Paul, because you'll just make our country better for the sheeple who don't deserve to be free.

GeneralFreeman
01-16-2008, 03:08 AM
I ask you to donate any sum of money, even if it is a dollar...

Actually the official HQ has a five dollar minimum if you donate online: I know. I've tried.

I'm POOR, alright!!!

Highstreet
01-16-2008, 03:40 AM
bump

Kenz
01-16-2008, 10:46 AM
In the last 12 hours the freeatlast2008.com page hits have gone from 34,000 to 58,000 and the pledges have gone up by about 400. This gives me a modicum of faith that there are many out there like me, never pledged but have donated $700.

I have been focusing on influencing my friends, family, and co-workers to hear the message of Ron Paul. So far I would say I've swayed at least 10 people to our cause(of those 10, 4 donated to the tea party), and opened the eyes of many more. Dr. Paul's message of constitutionally protected liberty, non-intervention foreign policy, reduced government largess, and sound money REALLY resonate with the underinformed. A burnt CD with a few youtube vidoes can be a real eyeopener for the sleepy masses.

Since the TNR farce the level of in-fighting amongst Dr. Paul's supporters has grown to an unhealthy level. Why? Sure the campaign hasn't been run perfectly. The MSM pulls off the peoples blinders long enough to say "$20 Million...racist...no chance...dark horse" Which of these are positive? IT'S THE AMOUNT OF MONEY WE RAISE THAT GENERATE THE POSITIVE HEADLINES! Positive headlines are what bring the uniformed to search out and understand Dr. Paul's platform. There is no 30 second commercial that can accurately convey the message(maybe we should get the micro machines guy..haha).

Everyone, PLEASE, remember that this is only the beginning. I would love nothing more than to see Ron Paul sworn in Jan. of 2009. But if that doesn't happen are we going to fracture? I HOPE NOT!! The Revolution Will Not Be Televised!

A favorite quote from a Show-Me State Hero sums it up perfectly:

In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot. Mark Twain 1904.

It our duty to this country to allow the timid to join us! We need to double our efforts on a personal and national level. Personal: tell everyone you know how important this is for our future. National: donate as much as you possibly can on January 21st!

Help Restore The American Way! RON PAUL 2008! :D

Derek Johnson
01-16-2008, 11:49 AM
when the tough gets going y'all....

let's barnstorm the senior centers and nursing homes!

LynnB
01-16-2008, 01:00 PM

No $hit! I'm with you girl, sometimes the posts/news I read make me think there are Huck-A-Trolls out there (and in here) disguised as Paul supporters, but I just get madder and donate more! :D

We need the exuberant enthusiasm supporting him, but we need self-control when confronting the opposition.

boberino
01-16-2008, 01:05 PM
They risk/reward analysis is so unbalanced that not donating is more risky than saving.

In an economic sense, you have to look at donating to a campaign like this as the best investment you'll ever make by helping get Dr. Paul elected.

When he gets elected, a $2300 donation pays for itself the FIRST year the income tax is gone.

qh4dotcom
01-16-2008, 06:51 PM

Let's face it...most Americans are stupid...because of stupid Americans John McCain is winning in the polls despite the fact that he wants the US to be in Iraq for another 100 years and he wants amnesty for illegals....because of stupid Americans, Bush got reelected in 2004 when it was clear that another 4 years of war was coming if he got reelected.

So now we can blame the stupid Americans if they just happen to vote against Ron Paul because of what the out of control Ron Paul supporters are doing and don't even pay attention to Ron Paul's principles, honesty and integrity and plans for a more prosperous and free country.

It's hard for me to believe that Americans are so stupid that they vote against Ron Paul because of what other presidential candidates say and promise and what the out of control Ron Paul supporters are doing...that Americans are so stupid that they prefer to vote against Dr Paul because of those factors rather than to look forward to the benefits of a Ron Paul presidency...no more income taxes, more civil liberties, etc.

It's such a pity that the well-behaved Ron Paul supporters have to suffer the consequences of the stupidness of the rest of the country.

I feel the same way as Mom4Ron...I would like to donate again but I'm waiting until Dr. Paul's numbers start going up in the polls.

fmontez
01-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Let's face it...most Americans are stupid...because of stupid Americans John McCain is winning in the polls despite the fact that he wants the US to be in Iraq for another 100 years and he wants amnesty for illegals....because of stupid Americans, Bush got reelected in 2004 when it was clear that another 4 years of war was coming if he got reelected.

So now we can blame the stupid Americans if they just happen to vote against Ron Paul because of what the out of control Ron Paul supporters are doing and don't even pay attention to Ron Paul's principles, honesty and integrity and plans for a more prosperous and free country.

It's hard for me to believe that Americans are so stupid that they vote against Ron Paul because of what other presidential candidates say and promise and what the out of control Ron Paul supporters are doing...that Americans are so stupid that they prefer to vote against Dr Paul because of those factors rather than to look forward to the benefits of a Ron Paul presidency...no more income taxes, more civil liberties, etc.

It's such a pity that the well-behaved Ron Paul supporters have to suffer the consequences of the stupidness of the rest of the country.

I feel the same way as Mom4Ron...I would like to donate again but I'm waiting until Dr. Paul's numbers start going up in the polls.

Yeah, anyone that doens't agree with you is stupid.. yeah... ok... yeah