PDA

View Full Version : whats a good phone script??

garrettwombat
01-14-2008, 06:35 PM
anyone got one??

i was thinking about just calling up and saying

"hello im calling to tell you about republican presidential candidate ron paul"
"ron paul has never... blah blah blah"

but im kinda stumped to what to say after this...

SolusSLX
01-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Here's a sample phone script I tried putting together to get started, you could modify it to better suit you:

Hello! My name is __________ and I'm a volunteer with the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign.

(Add some information that you think will be convincing. You should rewrite this to whatever sounds best to you. Be ready to answer questions that they might ask about an issue, check www.RonPaul2008.com for more information on the issues.)

Dr. Ron Paul is an Air Force veteran who has been studying foreign policy and economic and monetary policy in Congress for over 30 years and he has written several books on his experiences. Ron Paul is the only candidate who holds in very high regard the principle of limited government created for the purpose of protecting individual liberty. He has a 100% Constitutionally correct voting record. He has more campaign donations from active duty military and veterans than any other candidate. He's been endorsed by many military personnel, veterans, and top economists. Ron Paul wants to keep America strong by bringing the troops home, returning to sound monetary policies, securing our borders, and working to instill in government a respect for the rule of law by operating within the confines of the Constitution. He's an obstetrician gynecologist and has delivered over 4,000 babies and been in the healthcare industry for over 40 years. He's the only candidate with real answers to America's economic problems.

(You can add other information for them based on the issues that the
voters.ronpaul2008.com list shows they're interested in: Wants to end the income tax and IRS, strongest 2nd ammendment supporter, pro-life, etc. If they want more information you should have the website open so you can read more for them. If you have some fliers you can read some issues off of them.)

(Then ask them some questions and write down their answers. The goal is to find people that will vote for Ron Paul and write down their answers so we can contact them again.)

Would it be alright for me to ask you a few quick questions?

1) What issue is the most important to you in the upcoming Republican Primary?
(Write down their answer and go to question 2)

2) Who do you plan on voting for in the Republican Primary?
(Write down their answer.)
(If Ron Paul: Go to Question 3)
(If someone other than Ron Paul: Go to Question 4)

3) Great! Would you be willing to volunteer for the campaign to help Ron Paul?
(If YES tell them to visit RonPaul2008.com or use RonPaul.meetup.com to find a grassroots campaign in their area.)
(If NO) OK, Thank you for your time.

4) Do you consider Ron Paul your second choice?
(If YES) Great, thank you for your time. Please be sure to visit our website at RonPaul2008.com to learn more about the campaign.
(If NO) Thank you for your time. Please be sure to visit our website at RonPaul2008.com to learn more about our campaign.

The basic script is from this thread:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=611237

Maybe people can quote and improve it.

freesoul
01-22-2008, 10:33 AM
I started out in the insurance business doing telemarketing. One thing I believe in is that the quicker you start a dialog the better chance you have to sell. Yes we are selling Ron Paul and his message.

Introduce yourself and then ask how they are doing today. Get them responding to you ASAP. Theres nothing worse than sitting on one end of the phone listening to someone blabber away- I'm sure we've all gotten calls like that

Engage them by asking them if they know who Ron is, ask them if they have decided yet, ask them what is important to them. Get the idea? ASK THEM. Once you engage someone than you can attempt to persuade them.