PDA

View Full Version : Support Paul, Wesley Snipes

dc74rp
01-14-2008, 06:32 PM
In another thread: Ready the Civil Revolution- Wesley Snipes to BUST TAX CODE!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=89570

Slamhead said:

I say people show up in mass for his court dates.

This is a great idea. Whatever you have to say about Snipes, Ron Paul is fighting for people's freedom, Paul wants to fight the IRS and defend taxpayers. You don't need to agree with Snipes to support ending the income tax.

While I don't know enough about Snipes religious views to agree or disagree, that doesn't mean I don't support his believe in whatever religion he sees as true. And while he might be correct or incorrect in his legal arguments, I sympathize with his fight against the IRS.

And so would Paul. Anyone familiar with Ed Brown? Paul might not agree with everything someone has to say, this doesn't mean he doesn't approve of civil disobedience against the IRS. While I haven't heard Paul say he absolutely believes the tax code is illegal, he feels it's valid to question it's Constitutionality. Does the Federal Government Constitutionaly have the power to require employers and employees to provide all this private and personal information?

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Wow, so if you've commited a crime you have the right to remain silent, but a law abiding citizen has no right to not give all thier most important financial information to the IRS?

As for myself, I think if Snipes simply wanted money, taking on the IRS isn't a smart way to do it. Likely it would've been easier to get some expensive lawyers, cut a deal, and go make more movies. That he's going to fight it in court, and very well lose, makes me think his actions are based on principle.

By showing up at his court dates we'll draw attention to the fact people are fighting the IRS, that people are questioning the legality of the tax code, people are sick of being indentured servents of the government. And that Ron Paul is the answer.

This is the opportunity to show Americans that there is a movement that think getting rid of the IRS is possible, and that the is a candidate that supports it.

Now what do we gotta do to get Willie Nelson to show up?

Young_Apprentice
01-14-2008, 06:42 PM
We could have him dress up like he did in that movie TOO WONG FOO!!! Maybe Patrick Swayze could make a cameo appearance~!!!

Edu
01-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Wow, so if you've commited a crime you have the right to remain silent, but a law abiding citizen has no right to not give all thier most important financial information to the IRS?Yes, at that point you have to ask whats wrong with your status.
Better check if you signed something that gives them the right to you (a human resource), and all your "property". Sort of like signing up for military service.
But don't worry, they will leave you enough for food, clothing, housing, gas and toilet paper. It's too much expense and trouble to dole those out to everyone, especially the toilet paper.
[ ] Are you a United States Government citizen?

dc74rp
01-15-2008, 02:32 AM
So no one else thinks Slamheads suggestion is a good idea? Am I the only one?

Kotin
01-15-2008, 02:39 AM
i like the idea