PDA

View Full Version : Wild Idea : A WIKI SPEECH.

RonRules
01-14-2008, 05:55 PM
"The Ron Paul Reveres Wild Ideas page encourages us to share out of the box ideas for promotion that you don't have the resources or skills to pull off, but other Ron Paul Reveres might."
http://abeautifulfuturenow.com/RonPaulWiki/index.php?title=Wild_Ideas

Here is what I added:

Ron Paul typically talks off-the-cuff, which is fine, but occasionally we need a really good speech, such as after a success in state election. HQ appears not to have the type of talent required for a fantastic speech, no disrespect intended. I believe that a speech written by a collection of ardent supporters could produce phenomenal results.

Besides, a WIKI speech has never been done before and this campaign is all about the originality grass roots movement.

The speech needs to be about 7-8 minutes long, touch on all important positive issues and have good rhythm. I'm not at all qualified to do this, but I could start the speech and with our collective talents, my meager attempt would be heavily edited to produce, possibly the ultimate political speech.

The drawback is that the speech would be public and seen by everyone before it is delivered, but I think this open source approach would trounce any attempts by single speech writers from the competition. Spamming of the speech could be controlled by only allowing edits from Ron Paul donors.

Please add a few comments below this and in a few days, I'll set up a page to get this started.

RonRules
01-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Need to bump myself here. Any takers?

RonRules
01-21-2008, 09:23 PM
I still think the idea of a Wiki speech is good. The best encyclopedia was written this way. How more democratic would it be if a Presidential speech was written by thousands of his supporters?