PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it a little too late for "constructive criticism"?

takadi
01-14-2008, 05:33 PM
"20 million dollars and a month until super tuesday" too late.

I appreciate that the campaign is finally waking the fuck up, but seriously...why now? Why would all of you guys here bash people and call them trolls for criticizing the campaign when it was so necessary? Why would you wait until now when some people have donated hundreds if not thousands of dollars...all for it to be wasted because of simple mistakes and incompetency? Am I a troll for complaining when I, a simple college student, have donated 700 dollars to the campaign? Am I suddenly someone who should be moved to "hot topics" simply because I care about the campaign apparently more so than the people up at top?

Fighting inefficient centralized bureaucracies who treat its constituents like nothings (and whose dissenters are treated like shit) is so incredibly ironic that it's painful.

Hindsight is 20/20, but we could have done SO much better. I know we could have.

JMann
01-14-2008, 05:35 PM
The failure of Paul to hire professional campaign staff is not reversible at this point but the fight can continue to change the Republican party.

takadi
01-14-2008, 05:39 PM
It's just so sad that I've seen so many people on a RON PAUL board of all places who criticized the campaign but were shot down with terribly scathing remakrs by the people on these boards and written off as trolls.

It's funny, is this how human nature is? Is this why the Republican party laughs off Ron and treats him like shit? Are all dissenting opinions just "trolling" and "stupid negativity"?

Perhaps we can never ever escape collectivism, even in a movement whose goal is to fight it

Dave Wood
01-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Do you all realize that its not even Half over on FEBRUARY FITH!!!

Feb 5th Has 20 something primaries, 5-6 before the 5th + Ia, NH ====28 primaries done on the 5th .......take a look at what happens after the 5th LOTTTTTTTTSSSSSSS! This is nowhere near over and really hasnt begun. WE HAVE TO FIND A WAY AROUND THE NEWS BLOCKADE, THAT SIMPLE. If that doesnt happen we are toast.

FluffyUnbound
01-14-2008, 05:45 PM
If you donated to Paul's campaign expecting a victory and the Republican nomination, and view anything short of that as "failure" by the campaign, you never had reasonable expectations.

The average Republican caucus goer and primary voter wants to kill as many brown people as possible. Paul is a tough sell in that environment.

Paul is the conscience of the party, but the Republicans have decided to ignore their conscience. Paul has shamed them, however, and has sown dissension, and has broken a nice little chunk of voters away from the party, and these are all successes.

Dlynne
01-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Takadi....I hear you loud and clear. But listen to what I have to say.

If you read through my posts, you will learn that I have been a big complainer about the way this campaign has been conducted. In my opinion, which may be wrong, I think Paul is loyal to the people close to him and did not replace them with the top-notch pros when he was able to, and after he received the funds from us that could make this happen.

I can afford the money I sent to the campaign, being much older than you and out there working. Believe me, I have fretted over the younger people, those who could less afford it, sending their money to the campaign when the campaign was so clearly not getting itself in order.

But if what I am reading from ghemminger has any truth to it, that some people are getting through to Paul, it may not be too late to turn this thing around. I believe in the message, so I am not willing to throw in the towel just yet. But I am watching closely, and ask that you do as well.

I truly believe that Ron Paul, and this 2008 election, is our last hope for a constitutional government and monetary sanity.

ziggrl
01-14-2008, 05:51 PM
"We've only had two little primaries" ~ Ron Paul

takadi
01-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Trust me, I'm not giving up, but my expectations aren't high. I'm being as realistic as possible. The over optimism I've seen of fellow Ron Paul supporters was frightening and in my opinion unproductive and damaging. To be realistic is to expect the worst, but hope and FIGHT for the best. And as of now, I'm working my ass off for that dream. But I really won't freak out or be too upset if it doesn't come to fruition. I know this movement will still continue

If we fail, it's not really a failure. It's merely a dent in a tidal wave that will inevitably come. 1776 never really was over, and I don't think it ever will be over. But monopolies will always topple in a free society. Period. We will prevail and Ron Paul has started it.

But the fact that this board has had a horrible track record of unnecessary censorship and "troll hunting" is hypocritical considering the complete change of tone people have been going through. How about you guys stop treating it like "us vs them" and realize that freedom is supposed to be a uniter, not a divider?