PDA

View Full Version : New Grassroots Approach ! This May Work !

TSOL
01-14-2008, 05:29 PM
We need Ron Paul supporters that live in the areas where the major media outlets are located:

CNN is in Atlanta, GA (I am not sure about FOX and MSNBC)

We need picketers and marching out front of these buildings crying foul on the Media Blackout !

Can we get this done ? (I'm in NC)

WE WILL NOT GET THE VOTES WE NEED WITHOUT FAIR EXPOSURE AND NAME/FACE RECOGNITION !

jrich4rpaul
01-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Or we can canvass the media offices :)

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

TSOL
01-14-2008, 05:36 PM
I just sent a message to the local Meetup group in Atlanta, they have 600 members !

I'll keep everyone posted on that leaders reply !

billjarrett
01-14-2008, 05:42 PM
We need Ron Paul supporters that live in the areas where the major media outlets are located:

We need picketers and marching out front of these buildings crying foul on the Media Blackout !

WE WILL NOT GET THE VOTES WE NEED WITHOUT FAIR EXPOSURE AND NAME/FACE RECOGNITION !

Sorry to burst your bubble, but when was the last time picketing had a significant effect on anything in this country? Maybe the 70's, maybe earlier than that..

Just look at how long the writers guild has been doing it now..

Scott Wilson
01-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Picketing is a waste of time. People have picketed the media for time immemorial.

Do not depend on the media to solve our problems. We must do it ourselves by buying media time and canvassing.

TSOL
01-14-2008, 05:44 PM
NO Scott !

WE WILL NOT GET THE FAIR COVERAGE WE DESERVE WITHOUT BRINGING THIS OUT INTO THE OPEN

Candidates are being pushed and chosen. The Media will continue to PIMP the main players like McCain, Hillary and Obama ..

They'll even cover Guiliani and Thompson becasue these guys are NOT threats !

-

Paul is not getting the exposure because he is THE ONLY threat to the Empire Complex.

We have to bring this topic out into the average joe. We complain about it, but we complain about HERE in the forum and misc comments boards.

Imagine, 50 to 100 Picketers marching in front of CNN and the tons of traffic that will see it.

Jesus, there's more support for the WGA than Ron Paul it seems.

Anyone in Atlanta ? (Running to sub forum)

TSOL
01-14-2008, 06:07 PM
BUMP

78 Views ? Are we gonna sit and moan about the lack of coverage or do something about it ?

MsDoodahs
01-14-2008, 06:10 PM
JMO: Picketing them won't solve the media problem.

They're too intertwined.

Buying time is the route to take.

TSOL
01-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Why would it not help ?

The only people crying about it is us. Joe American doesn't know about it. Would it not force the card to have it brought right onto their doorsteps for everyone too see ?

olehounddog
01-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Anybody remember sit-ins. Walk in, sit down, and don't move

Vendico
01-14-2008, 06:33 PM
The way to win this is through local media.

olehounddog
01-14-2008, 06:35 PM
What if all media is targeted. Even local papers. All the same day a nationwide sit-in on all news media.

free.alive
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
or you can get voters by canvassing your neighborhoods

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM

If anyone goes for that, you should have a "whistle blower hotline" website or phone number. I'd like to hear what's being said on the inside.

MsDoodahs
01-14-2008, 06:40 PM
Anybody remember sit-ins. Walk in, sit down, and don't move

Yep, I remember those.