PDA

View Full Version : YO! Republican Party!

hummtide
01-14-2008, 04:19 PM
WE, THE RON PAUL MOVEMENT DECIDES WHO WILL BE PRESIDENT! You make us mad and Ron Paul doesnt get the nomination.. we, in no way, shape, or form will EVER vote for your war mongerer candidate, and we seal the victory for the Democrats!! We will bring you to your knees, and you all damn well had better know it now! Dont get us anymore upset as we will make you regret it come November!

Jeremy
01-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Democrats? lol <.<

FreedomLover
01-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Does that mean you will vote for the democrat, or just not vote at all?

AEMsupra
01-14-2008, 04:27 PM
democrats prolly just as bad if not worse

hummtide
01-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Honestly, Ill write Dr Paul in if hes not a third party candidate, even if it means the odds favor the Democrats winning the whitehouse. Id rather deal with a Democrat who doesnt Hide the fact they want to control us through entitlements, over some warmongers who pass other forms of entitlements that contribute to the war effort and to send us into yet even more conflicts. It may be the "choose the lesser of two evils" election.

RoyalShock
01-14-2008, 04:31 PM
I, for one, am voting Ron Paul, regardless. It's time to send a message to the Republican Party. No more taking the true conservative vote for granted!

My only reservation is the prospect of national healthcare. But something tells me they won't get it done. If I recall correctly, the Dems couldn't do squat from '92 to '94 with full control of Exec, House and Senate.

Redmenace
01-14-2008, 04:41 PM
A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil.

Myself I'll be writing Ron Paul in for 08.

Mortikhi
01-14-2008, 04:43 PM
If you want to make a statement, vote for Ron Paul come November. Otherwise, the pubs will think it was just a larger than normal dem turnout. If they see 10% of the pub vote went to Ron Paul, then they'll get the message.

AEMsupra
01-14-2008, 04:44 PM
I, for one, am voting Ron Paul, regardless. It's time to send a message to the Republican Party. No more taking the true conservative vote for granted!

My only reservation is the prospect of national healthcare. But something tells me they won't get it done. If I recall correctly, the Dems couldn't do squat from '92 to '94 with full control of Exec, House and Senate.

QFT

RoyalShock
01-14-2008, 04:46 PM
If RP doesn't get the nomination, I think a write-in vote will only gather up to 5%. But it will be enough to send a message.

I suspect a super-majority of independents will break for the Dems.

bcreps85
01-14-2008, 04:59 PM
I doubt we'll vote Democrat. More likely we'll vote Libertarian or write Ron Paul in. Either way, it doesn't matter. The GOP needs us to vote Republican to beat the Democrats...without 10% or more of it's base it is SOL.

manny
01-14-2008, 05:05 PM
70% of Americans are against the war. Some polls put it higher.

A vote for McCain is a vote for Hillary or Obama into the White House.
A vote for Mitt is a vote for Hillary or Obama into the White House.
A vote for Rudy is a ... ah forget it - he's the ultimate big spending, gun-grabbing, liberal so it makes no difference.
Huck and Fred? Lol - they're jokes; I am convinced both have IQs in double digits, just are good at presentation/seeming friendly & trustworthy to some.

We need to get the message to your average conservative: It's either Ron or Hillary. Which do they really prefer? ;)

NoMoreApathy
01-14-2008, 05:28 PM
It may be the "choose the lesser of two evils" election.

Isn't it always?

Dary
01-15-2008, 08:49 AM
It may be the "choose the lesser of two evils" election.

Isn't it always?

Nope. In this election, it may be the "choose the greater of two evils." It will be for me anyway.

AlexMerced
01-15-2008, 09:00 AM
I think it'll be easy to get 10% in a independant/3rd party run

for ron paul that is

he's generally getting 10 already, and there's plenty of supporters who don't have the chance to vote for him due to how late they are in the game or whatever other reasons.

Cal Mabus
01-15-2008, 09:08 AM
write in yep!

HippyInASuit
01-15-2008, 09:15 AM
The republicans know they aren't going to win. That is what they want. They're trying to make sure Dr. Paul doesn't win because he is a true republican and that certainly isn't the plan. The power that used to back Bushie Jr is now invested in Billary.

The republican party is trying to prevent any republican from winning this race, especially Ron Paul.

acptulsa
01-15-2008, 09:20 AM
The republican party is trying to prevent any republican from winning this race, especially Ron Paul.

Lot of evidence to support it, at least now that it's clear that no one wants to see Giuliani sworn in as dog catcher, much less in a position of responsibility. Even so, they won't push too hard and risk showing even the biggest idiot that.

So, please don't say the "nominate our man or we will spoil your chances" rhetoric in public, at least not until the nomination is lost. This is the kind of thing that really, really turns off the average lifelong Republican.

Original_Intent
01-15-2008, 09:24 AM
I hope everyone will decide to write Ron Paul in if that is what it comes to.
Switching to Democrat just buys into the whole Dem-Republican false paradigm. It is all part of the establishment, we have got to show TPTB that there is a huge segment of the population that will settle for NOTHING less than a return to our constitutional, limited government. The only way for us to show them and our fellow Americans our true strength is to stick together. In the event of Ron Paul not getting the nomination and not running independent or third party, if some of us vote Dem, some of us vote Rep, some of us vote third party and some of us stay home - this HIDES our true strength and will not encourage other like minded people to join the R3VOLution. We need enough people so that if the Dem's win they will say that we cost the GOP the win

SeanEdwards
01-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Does that mean you will vote for the democrat, or just not vote at all?

I'll vote for whoever has the best chance of defeating the GOP nominee. Democrat, Libertarian, or potted plant. I don't care. My vote will be a giant FU to the GOP.

Original_Intent
01-15-2008, 09:35 AM
I'll vote for whoever has the best chance of defeating the GOP nominee. Democrat, Libertarian, or potted plant. I don't care. My vote will be a giant FU to the GOP.

If you vote Dem how will they distinguish your vote as a giant FU or that you really just supported that candidate.

If you are wanting to make a statement, the best way to do it is to write in Ron Paul - then when they lose and there are enough RP votes that they could have won, that is the best FU out there.

Not that the GOP is playing to win, but if RP is not the nominee then voting either big box party is just capitulating imho.

SeanEdwards
01-15-2008, 09:41 AM
If you vote Dem how will they distinguish your vote as a giant FU or that you really just supported that candidate.

If you are wanting to make a statement, the best way to do it is to write in Ron Paul - then when they lose and there are enough RP votes that they could have won, that is the best FU out there.

Not that the GOP is playing to win, but if RP is not the nominee then voting either big box party is just capitulating imho.

I plan to vote for whoever has the best chance of beating the GOP nominee, because I want to help make sure the GOP loses. If I write in Paul, and the GOP neocon stooge wins I will be very unhappy.

RoyalShock
01-15-2008, 09:45 AM
I plan to vote for whoever has the best chance of beating the GOP nominee, because I want to help make sure the GOP loses. If I write in Paul, and the GOP neocon stooge wins I will be very unhappy.

You don't need to worry about that. Have you seen the Democrat voter turnout so far? They won't need any help winning.

Make sure your vote is noticed. Write in Ron Paul (if he isn't the nominee).

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 09:50 AM
This time you don't have to vote for the lessor of two evils.

Anyone who supports Ron Paul's principles more than the man himself will write in his name if he isn't on the ballot.

It's time to send a message to both parties that we know there is not any substantive difference between them.

The best way to do that is by making the Ron Paul rEVOLution outlast his campaign.

In the 60's and 70's there were Goldwater Republican after Barry Goldwater lost the election.

In the 80's and 90's there were Reagan Republicans after Reagan won the election.

Let's make sure there are Ron Paul Republican's regardless of the outcome of this election.

That is how his legacy continues and that can be our biggest gift to him after the years he has spent trying to give this country back to us.

NOTE, on the off chance that Ron Paul decides to run outside the Republican Party, which I don't think he will but what do I know?, then of course support him there.

jcims
01-15-2008, 10:09 AM
You don't need to worry about that. Have you seen the Democrat voter turnout so far? They won't need any help winning.

Agreed...it's going to be brutal in November.